P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

record sleeves
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moonchild666

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Straxus wrote:
Shit, you buy everything on internet...
Here I buy in poor markets, polyybags, they fits good for Lp sleeves.

100 units $3.50

To that price that must be some quite shitty sleeves!

The ones which looks like they're "sewed" around the closed edges are definitely the best!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
monsterSquad

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

masters_throne wrote:
Well, different matter, but why not asking here. I would like to get the best boxes for shipment. I really would get the ones Yosuke uses, but it is impossible to find anything here (I think Yosuke packages are made by an american company/mail). Is there a place (in best case in Germany or Europe) to purchase better boxes than the ones from Protected? We do not want to play lottery any longer (even if we do not get that many complains /1-2 out of 100), but I think the ones Yosuke uses are also more comfortable to pack...

Edit: + I am looking to find boxes with capacity of at least 100 LP's or at least 75, two/three waved karton...

i don't know the capacity but the hells headbangers mailers are indestructible and they sell them on their site
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I buy my 13" x 13" x 2" mailers from Uline.com.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

doomedplanet

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the japanese sleeves for better records. You van get them here:

http://soundsourcecds.com/
s.charlach

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

masters_throne wrote:
Is there a place (in best case in Germany or Europe) to purchase better boxes than the ones from Protected?

Dennis, not the boxes Yosuke uses for shipping, but have you ever thought of the sturdy four lax system? I simply love those boxes. It's like two mailers in one, an inside one carries the records surrounded by a second one which's going to take all the shit that use to happen by mail. Just to give you a rough impression...

MusicTools.de has these bad boys in stock. Well, they cost a bit more than regular mailers, but it's definitely worth the money.
Azmoth

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Raja brand does quite the same (I guess Raja exists also in Germany)
I thought they were top and damageless until I got a pack from Osmose, and the LPs had a corner bent. The mailer suffered a bit.
Demonomancy

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Germans here: http://www.musictools.de/
Good and Ultra fast Service !
Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.charlach wrote:
masters_throne wrote:
Is there a place (in best case in Germany or Europe) to purchase better boxes than the ones from Protected?

Dennis, not the boxes Yosuke uses for shipping, but have you ever thought of the sturdy four lax system? I simply love those boxes. It's like two mailers in one, an inside one carries the records surrounded by a second one which's going to take all the shit that use to happen by mail. Just to give you a rough impression...

MusicTools.de has these bad boys in stock. Well, they cost a bit more than regular mailers, but it's definitely worth the money.

Is use those for 7" records, but for LPīs I donīt think these do exist !
Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demonomancy666 wrote:
For the Germans here: http://www.musictools.de/
Good and Ultra fast Service !

They seem to have the same items as protected.de !
huja

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

those hellsheadbangers vinyl mailers are nice. i've received several packages from them and other people using them and nothing has been damaged so far...
s.charlach

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nocturnal Deathstrike wrote:
s.charlach wrote:
masters_throne wrote:

Is use those for 7" records, but for LPīs I donīt think these do exist !

Actually the mailer shown on the pics is for 12" Lps and I've recently ordered another batch of 'em straight from MusicTools.de. So they do exist. Just go to MusicTools' site, click "Versandartikel" in the menu on the left and there you go for the sixth article listed.

Still I don't know if they're for use for Master's Throne as they have a capacity of max. 25 records "only". Don't know at all where to get mailers that hold a 100 Lps.
masters_throne

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we have still a lot of these four lax ones, but use them seldomly. About 15-20 Sadex (and 10 Root and 10 Homicide) vinyls were delivered completely destroyed to Osmose with these ones (also water-damaged). They were also double boxed within a second huge box. I don't like them at all, or better said since that time...

Edit: it is not mandatory for 100 LP's, but if we have to send i.e 40 thick 350g/m gatefolds we always have two send two packages (because only 30-35 fit into the biggest boxes we have), instead one and that's annoying. We are also out of our bigger boxes that came from the pressing plant, because some last releases came only in their normal boxes and not as usually 4 boxes in one big box...

= KILL I =
= KILL II =

Last edited by masters_throne on Fri May 30, 2008 7:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
masters_throne

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
I buy my 13" x 13" x 2" mailers from Uline.com.

You mean one of these:

http://uline.com./ProductDetail.asp?model=S-9852
http://uline.com./ProductDetail.asp?model=S-4886
http://uline.com./Browse_Listing_1305.asp?desc=Deluxe+Easy%2DFold+Mailers

I love these, but it would be too expensive to order them in the states (postage would kill, otherwise we would buy 1000 pieces immediately), it seems they only deliver to the States.

Well, anything like that in Europe/Germany? I can't find anything at all...

Edit: that's great: http://uline.com./Browse_Listing_8727.asp?desc=Rock+T%2DShirts

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
s.charlach

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

masters_throne wrote:
Well, we have still a lot of these four lax ones, but use them seldomly. About 10-15 Sadex vinyls were delivered completely destroyed to Osmose with these ones (also water-damaged). I don't like them at all, or better said since that time...

Argh, sounds bad and crystal clear why you don't like 'em anymore. Thought just like Azmoth that these ones were shell proof plus for myself I've never had probs so far, but both of you prove me wrong, huh? Shoot, hoped that the search for a solid record mailer has come to an end....

What's different from that 13x13x2 Uline stuff to the regular EU mailers? Is it about sturdier card board? Seriously, can't see that a much difference. Anyway, post it here if you should come across a better mailer, please. Don't wanna wait till I experience similar shit like you and Azmoth with the assumed safe four lax thing.
masters_throne

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.charlach wrote:

What's different from that 13x13x2 Uline stuff to the regular EU mailers? Is it about sturdier card board? Seriously, can't see that a much difference. Anyway, post it here if you should come across a better mailer, please. Don't wanna wait till I experience similar shit like you and Azmoth with the assumed safe four lax thing.

Somehow I think these boxes are thicker or stronger in material. Also they seem to get packed faster.

Well, at that time we also got about 2-3 parcels back (invalid address, wrong/confused address/po box) and these four lax ones looked really wasted. I think the idea is great, but imo they are just too thin (one or two "waves" more any they would be great). But as I have told, it is always like a lottery, as your pack can be on the "roller-field" between a huge tv and a fridge, haha. I think the biggest problem still are the persons that have the control on your parcels. I almost punched one of the guys at our local mail-office. But before doing that I said with an loud and angry voice that he should read the sticker on the parcel (fragile, handle with care) and should handle it like that. You will not see how they will "work" with your parcels later on, but at the office I'd like to see them handled with care. Fukkin idiots. The same with the guys that delivers parcels to us. I could beating them all into their fukkin' fukk-faces.

Osmose was indeed bad luck. Still I wonder how the fukking postman could leave them in rain and water-puddle in front of the Osmose-office...

= KILL I =
= KILL II =
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: