P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Watain - The Vinyl Reissues - 4lp Box
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
fartcough



Joined: 27 Apr 2009
Posts: 379

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skeletor666 wrote:
Dusted wrote:
best to remain misanthropic and anonymous and hidden. Then at the right time reveal ourselves...like VON


Twisted Evil
to become the next slayer they need to records at least five albums of great songs with no filler ,something i think watain are incapable of and their media whoring is testament to this

.surely the media should be after the band not the other way around


Which Slayer albums have no filler?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VnholyCvntz



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 1652

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fartcough wrote:
skeletor666 wrote:
Dusted wrote:
best to remain misanthropic and anonymous and hidden. Then at the right time reveal ourselves...like VON


Twisted Evil
to become the next slayer they need to records at least five albums of great songs with no filler ,something i think watain are incapable of and their media whoring is testament to this

.surely the media should be after the band not the other way around


Which Slayer albums have no filler?


Reign in Blood, Hell Awaits, Show No Mercy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fartcough



Joined: 27 Apr 2009
Posts: 379

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VnholyCvntz wrote:
fartcough wrote:
skeletor666 wrote:
Dusted wrote:
best to remain misanthropic and anonymous and hidden. Then at the right time reveal ourselves...like VON


Twisted Evil
to become the next slayer they need to records at least five albums of great songs with no filler ,something i think watain are incapable of and their media whoring is testament to this

.surely the media should be after the band not the other way around


Which Slayer albums have no filler?


Reign in Blood, Hell Awaits, Show No Mercy.


Bbbbbbbbbbullshit!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VnholyCvntz



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 1652

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fartcough wrote:
VnholyCvntz wrote:
fartcough wrote:
skeletor666 wrote:
Dusted wrote:
best to remain misanthropic and anonymous and hidden. Then at the right time reveal ourselves...like VON


Twisted Evil
to become the next slayer they need to records at least five albums of great songs with no filler ,something i think watain are incapable of and their media whoring is testament to this

.surely the media should be after the band not the other way around


Which Slayer albums have no filler?


Reign in Blood, Hell Awaits, Show No Mercy.


Bbbbbbbbbbullshit!!


haha and what songs off these albums would you consider filler?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fartcough



Joined: 27 Apr 2009
Posts: 379

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VnholyCvntz wrote:
fartcough wrote:
VnholyCvntz wrote:
fartcough wrote:
skeletor666 wrote:
Dusted wrote:
best to remain misanthropic and anonymous and hidden. Then at the right time reveal ourselves...like VON


Twisted Evil
to become the next slayer they need to records at least five albums of great songs with no filler ,something i think watain are incapable of and their media whoring is testament to this

.surely the media should be after the band not the other way around


Which Slayer albums have no filler?


Reign in Blood, Hell Awaits, Show No Mercy.


Bbbbbbbbbbullshit!!


haha and what songs off these albums would you consider filler?


I dunno, like half of all the songs on every Slayer release are totally forgetable. That's why my favorite album of theirs is that 3cd 1dvd best of box set, it's basically half of every one of their albums. I heard that first, then I bought all their shit and the only songs that were any good were the ones on the "best of", everyone should save their cash and just get that.

That said, Watain isn't good enough to lick the sweat off Slayer's chaffed nutsack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VnholyCvntz



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 1652

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fartcough wrote:
VnholyCvntz wrote:
fartcough wrote:
VnholyCvntz wrote:
fartcough wrote:
skeletor666 wrote:
Dusted wrote:
best to remain misanthropic and anonymous and hidden. Then at the right time reveal ourselves...like VON


Twisted Evil
to become the next slayer they need to records at least five albums of great songs with no filler ,something i think watain are incapable of and their media whoring is testament to this

.surely the media should be after the band not the other way around


Which Slayer albums have no filler?


Reign in Blood, Hell Awaits, Show No Mercy.


Bbbbbbbbbbullshit!!


haha and what songs off these albums would you consider filler?



That said, Watain isn't good enough to lick the sweat off Slayer's chaffed nutsack.


Well at least we can agree on this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vegeta



Joined: 08 Oct 2009
Posts: 1898
Location: Denmark

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="VnholyCvntz"]
fartcough wrote:
Dusted wrote:


Which Slayer albums have no filler?


Reign in Blood, Hell Awaits, Show No Mercy.


Hell Awaits is nothing BUT fillers
_________________
Metal Archives wrote:
Illud Divinum Insanus was the 9/11 of death metal

Kvlty wrote:
I Recently got heavily into Goat Semen and Anal vomit
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holy ghost



Joined: 16 Jan 2011
Posts: 5396
Location: Main and Gerrard

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vegeta wrote:
Hell Awaits is nothing BUT fillers


Sir, I respectfully disagree with this statement
_________________
Cyclopean Wall // ambient // drone (C40 available)
Basilus // space rock // space drone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VnholyCvntz



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 1652

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy ghost wrote:
Vegeta wrote:
Hell Awaits is nothing BUT fillers


Sir, I respectfully disagree with this statement
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NK7
banned


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 1340
Location: Beograd, Srbija

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vegeta wrote:

Hell Awaits is nothing BUT fillers


_________________
Permabanned
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Weltering in Blood



Joined: 24 May 2011
Posts: 2149
Location: Sweden

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it comes to WATAIN I'm directly the opposite of some people here. Didn't really care too much for the older stuff but the last record I thought was great. Really looking forward to see what they come out with next.
_________________
WANT LIST
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dan



Joined: 01 Dec 2009
Posts: 409
Location: The Silent Planet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vegeta



Joined: 08 Oct 2009
Posts: 1898
Location: Denmark

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Vegeta wrote:

Hell Awaits is nothing BUT fillers



no need to get your jimmies rustled. "fillers" may be a strong choice of words , it rather say that Hell Awaits (unlike show,reign,south and seasons) simply lacks stand-songs,riffs and moments in general that really sticks in your head afterwards - its just not-that-memorable..
_________________
Metal Archives wrote:
Illud Divinum Insanus was the 9/11 of death metal

Kvlty wrote:
I Recently got heavily into Goat Semen and Anal vomit
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NK7
banned


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 1340
Location: Beograd, Srbija

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vegeta wrote:
NK7 wrote:
Vegeta wrote:

Hell Awaits is nothing BUT fillers



no need to get your jimmies rustled. "fillers" may be a strong choice of words , it rather say that Hell Awaits (unlike show,reign,south and seasons) simply lacks stand-songs,riffs and moments in general that really sticks in your head afterwards - its just not-that-memorable..


_________________
Permabanned
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Sarlacc



Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 181
Location: Great Pit of Carkoon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no fan of Watain, but I saw this box set and it's magnificent. Not an OTT price either for a fan that doesn't have the LPs. If their music did anything for me, I'd want it.

And speaking of Slayer, they only had one full-length that I'd rate as great - Show No Mercy.
_________________
www.facebook.com/SarlaccProductions
http://sarlaccproductions.bandcamp.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 9 of 15

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group