P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Watain - The Vinyl Reissues - 4lp Box
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nosferatu wrote:
VnholyCvntz wrote:
Anyone else notice how all these bands coming out of Sweden are just mini-Wataints? Some good bands sure, but a lot seem to be very image conscious and seem to want to be the next Erik Danielson Laughing

they've influenced alot.. not the least swedish bands. majority is crap

Agree!

Most suck. Seem to care more about their image, band pictures, album art, attitude and all that crap over the music (which usuallt just ends up being some sort of rehash (thrash, Swedeath, Morbid Angel rip off, etc.)
EternalNight

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caligulasremains wrote:
EternalNight wrote:
The Limb Crucifix is a classic!
The opening lines "SHOW ME THE FACE!!! OF UTTERMOST MADNESS!!!" makes you just... feel the greatness.

agreed.

cannot wait to see them in november with TRIBULATION! almost a dream show. too bad Unanimated isn't on the tour instead of In Solitude though. always something to complain about.

Well, i've got no chance to see them. I live in Sweden. But they brought a good pack for the US tour. Was kind of surprised When i Saw Tribulation on that poster. Didn't really see the connection between them and Watain as clearly as Watain and In Solitude. But the guitarist is from Repugnant so...
Hallucinogen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EternalNight wrote:

I mean, most of you here have seen that "you can have your seven chalices and worship the lord" photo, right? Is TTNBLD sellouts because morons like them?
Every popular band probably has some retarded fans, so no, Teitanblood aren't sellouts because morons like them. The deal with Watain is that they're very eager to sell shit. All these fucking special edition box sets and tons of merchandise for all the kids out there. They even sell fucking belt buckles. This fact combined with the try-hardy devotional satanic judaism and Eric claiming to be reinventing black while the actual music is either decent (first few releases) or just watered down generic trash (later stuff) is what makes Watain so worthy of mocking.
Ragingwinter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... Aaaand just to throw in my two cents, the new tracks are boring as all hell.

However, i did like the GG Allin cover.
caligulasremains

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was very unimpressed by all that may bleed but i like the child must die very much. really look forward to hearing that XI song written by nodtveidt and teitan. even the re recording of that early demo track calls to me.
hevosrunkkari

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New tracks are pretty underwhelming yes, but I didn't expect much after Lawless Darkness, so no matter. XI seems interesting indeed, either its actually something genius or just leftover riffs compilation gimmick to increase sales of the boxset, but we'll see. At least something to wait for.
caligulasremains

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

30 second clips of all the songs (except for the bonus 7" songs) are now on amazon. sounds really good.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DW3Y2CE/ref=dm_sp_alb?ie=UTF8&qid=1375473192&sr=8-6
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: