P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Messe des Morts II Festival - November 22-24, Montréal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
astralvesl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
Hm, didn't know the other shows in 2009 were cancelled (although I remember some shows since then being cancelled ...perhaps that is what you're speaking of? ) So, it looks like Montreal was their third North American show then. Wish I could have seen it !

You're right looks like the shows I was referring to we're supposed I be in fall of 2010.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blutkvlt wrote:
Archgoat played around 5-6 dates including Chicago in summer '09. There's a video of them in LA: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRtKFN5JHJI&feature=related Great show, but I hardly remember it.

Yeah, I thought there was more than just the Chicago show in 09, thanks for clearing it up. The cancelled gigs that the previous poster was speaking of happened in 2011, I believe.
Doom-Mantia

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they were supposed to play that exclusive East Coast show in 2011 with Vaginal Jesus and some other bands, but it was cancelled because Vaginal Jesus was on the bill.
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ENOLA GOAT wrote:
How did Sortilegia fare live?

Quite well I thought. It was good they played the first venue instead of the bigger one.
EnslavedByMeat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So was it Archgoat's 3rd show? I'll fix my article.
Dalihrob

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuV-DP0q4xrAlXSb6Zi5Dgfhy828HhUd8

Bunch of very good videos. Archgoat, Revenge, Black Witchery, Sylvus and Thatifaxath
the wizard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How was the band Seth ? they r from my area i think they are solid musically but i can't stand the singer attitude on stage (à la Skid Row in a bm band)
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnslavedByMeat wrote:
So was it Archgoat's 3rd show? I'll fix my article.

No, it seems like after some discussion we figured out that there were about 6 shows or so in the summer of 2009 in the U.S., plus MDF this year, and this weekends gig in Montreal . Probably best to just take that line out completely and mention that it was their Canadian debut ! Laughing
EnslavedByMeat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess, eh Very Happy

Seth were really good, I had no problem with the singer either. Their best stuff is from "Les blessure de l'âme" though and it's been a while since this album.
Orpheus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the wizard wrote:
How was the band Seth ? they r from my area i think they are solid musically but i can't stand the singer attitude on stage (à la Skid Row in a bm band)

Honestly, I thought they blew. I'm not excessively snobby in a cartoonish sense ,"only______ is real" or whatever, but nothing about the show/songs as a whole impressed me, nor did anything stand out individually. I went outside after about 20 minutes. What pissed me off was that they and Darkened Nocturne Slaughtercult kept playing encores and took a substantial bite out of Revenge's set.

In my opinion, other then Revenge, Black Witchery, Archgoat, Neige Eternalle and the Toronto bands (except for Panzerfaust, who SUCK) this years lineup was shitty. Last year, the headliners were also kickass, but the lower billed bands were at least decent. I stayed for all their performances and enjoyed them even if I wasnt completely captivated,

This year, some ruled and some sucked. Plain and simple.

Quote:
ENOLA GOAT wrote:

Quite well I thought. It was good they played the first venue instead of the bigger one.

Agreed. I also thought the Katacombes was a WAY better venue. Sortilegia's set was awesome, and the intimacy of the venue really helped.
Hellfire Commando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orpheus wrote:
the wizard wrote:

Honestly, I thought they blew. I'm not excessively snobby in a cartoonish sense ,"only______ is real" or whatever, but nothing about the show/songs as a whole impressed me, nor did anything stand out individually. I went outside after about 20 minutes. What pissed me off was that they and Darkened Nocturne Slaughtercult kept playing encores and took a substantial bite out of Revenge's set.

In my opinion, other then Revenge, Black Witchery, Archgoat, Neige Eternalle and the Toronto bands (except for Panzerfaust, who SUCK) this years lineup was shitty. Last year, the headliners were also kickass, but the lower billed bands were at least decent. I stayed for all their performances and enjoyed them even if I wasnt completely captivated,

Quote:
ENOLA GOAT wrote:

Agreed. I also thought the Katacombes was a WAY better venue. Sortilegia's set was awesome, and the intimacy of the venue really helped.

It's funny, you take the words from my mouth. I agree 100% with everything you said. I thought Archgoat at the Katacombes was beyond fantastic, watching them was like taking a trip to hell!
Orpheus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellfire Commando wrote:

It's funny, you take the words from my mouth. I agree 100% with everything you said. I thought Archgoat at the Katacombes was beyond fantastic, watching them was like taking a trip to hell!

HAILSSSSSS! Very Happy
Death Crusader

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orpheus wrote:
the wizard wrote:

Definitely agree, the only memorable bands were the ones you mentioned. But I also did enjoy Verglas. Did you get a chance to catch them, what did you think?
Orpheus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Death Crusader wrote:

But I also did enjoy Verglas. Did you get a chance to catch them, what did you think?

No, somebody else mentioned them too. When you have a hotel of 30 drunken Toronto Maniacs, it becomes difficult to handle logistics and time and shit. Laughing Rolling Eyes
Hellfire Commando

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orpheus wrote:
Death Crusader wrote:

But I also did enjoy Verglas. Did you get a chance to catch them, what did you think?

No, somebody else mentioned them too. When you have a hotel of 30 drunken Toronto Maniacs, it becomes difficult to handle logistics and time and shit. Laughing Rolling Eyes

Did not enjoy them at all unfortunately. I hated the vocals, arghhh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: