P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Problems with DHL (european)?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caina

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Problems with DHL (european)? Reply with quote

I'm (in the UK) waiting for a package to arrive from Germany via DHL, it's been 6 days and I've been trying to track the package. It definately exists (no ripoff, seemingly), but the status on the tracking page hasn't updated since the day after it was sent. Anyone else had any problems with receiving stuff through DHL in europe?

www.myspace.com/cainaband
http://www.last.fm/user/WilburWhateley

Good traders/sellers: Yosuke, Grief, s.charlach x2, Blekt , headnhalf x2, destrucSEAN, Sadovahr x3, GROUND ZERO Entertainment, Ykh
Black_Fire

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never send stuff outside Poland via DHL, but two days after I send spekers via DHL, courier bring me back a 26 PLN (about 12USD) cause I paid too much for pack Very Happy

When your package will be going longer than should, DHL should bring you back money.
www.doomzine.bandcamp.com
Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DHL is more or less reliable. But the online tracking of parcels doesnīt work outside germany, they always say they can only track the parcel until it leaves germany and thatīs it. Thatīs probably why the status hasnīt been updated sine 6 days, itīs probably in the hands of their partner in your country and they work with different tracking numbers and have their own system again....
Tal666

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DHL tracking never worked for me as well, as for shipping times, you can get it sometimes as soon as 5 days and sometimes a month and a half, go figure..
rauta

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a couple of parcels sent back to Germany because they'd been send through DHL or similar delivery services. The problem is that when you live in an appartement building the courier needs either your personal phone number or a building access code to be able to notify you of an incoming shipment. If the company has neither of these they sometimes ship the package back to sender as undeliverable. This is why I always try to remember to ask for regular postal delivery when ordering stuff abroad as the Finnish postal workers have all the building access codes.
IntoTheAbyss

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you use courier service i think the normal days of delivery should be less than a week....please check the delivery status now and then!
Caina

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the reply guys - I called DHL UK today, and they told me that the package is definately still stuck in Germany, for whatever reason. Hopefully the sender will be able to talk to them about it. I'm really pissed off, because my half of the trade got to him in 4 days via Royal Mail, and it's a very big trade...

www.myspace.com/cainaband
http://www.last.fm/user/WilburWhateley

Good traders/sellers: Yosuke, Grief, s.charlach x2, Blekt , headnhalf x2, destrucSEAN, Sadovahr x3, GROUND ZERO Entertainment, Ykh
IntoTheAbyss

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope it won't stuck at the custom office, that's a nightmare!
Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
building access codes.

Ha ha ! I yet have to find a building with these here in germany and I do have to have access huge\apartment buildings all day long because of my work. Donīt they have access to your postal boxes ? Here there are always outside the main door so everyone can have access to them.
rauta

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nocturnal Deathstrike wrote:
Quote:
building access codes.

Ha ha ! I yet have to find a building with these here in germany and I do have to have access huge\apartment buildings all day long because of my work. Donīt they have access to your postal boxes ? Here there are always outside the main door so everyone can have access to them.

Most appartment buildings can only be accessed with a key or by inputting a security code. The mailmen have the codes and they deliver the mail directly to the appartment through a slot in the door. This makes the buildings more secure and provides the residents with the luxury of home delivery.

In the best case scenario (or the worst as you'd have to have a rather small place) you don't even have to get up from your couch to pick up the mail and shove the new tape into the deck, heh.
peterott

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the parcel was transported in this transportplane ? Must have been heavy stuff (musicwise of course).

throneofmight

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jajajaja...they fucking suck even here & adding to that expensive as hell....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Detest Records

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterott wrote:
Maybe the parcel was transported in this transportplane ? Must have been heavy stuff (musicwise of course).

These pictures were taken last Sunday, 30 km away from my house ... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad experience with DHL from Holland also.. A parcel from Darkland took like a month to arrive at my place and the tracking nmumber wasn't traceable. DPD is a much better company really..
Infernal-Regions

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can recommend Hermes Logistics and their co-ops for the delivery within Europe (most places). They're fast and all packages are insured. But this is only an option for bigger parcels, as it would be too expensive for 1-3 LPs...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: