P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Favorite "Classic Maiden Epics"?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Classic Maiden Epics
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
42%
 42%  [ 29 ]
Alexander the Great
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
To Tame a Land
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
24%
 24%  [ 17 ]
Other
18%
 18%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 69

Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Favorite "Classic Maiden Epics"? Reply with quote

What are your favorite classic Maiden epics? I left out Hallowed and a few others as I believe they just don't have the same "epic" (whatever your idea of that is) quality. Are there any after Seventh Son that you think are worthy?
Tyrone Slothrop

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Phantom of the Opera"
ADK

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyrone Slothrop wrote:
"Phantom of the Opera"

Exclamation
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyrone Slothrop wrote:
"Phantom of the Opera"

Arrgggghhh! Forgot that one, and probably some others that could fit in there. I'm wondering if anyone would place Alexander at the Top?
lord pazzuzu

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voted for The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner

gromcrom wrote:
So "funny" guy to make thread in mock. Rolling Eyes
I am a fear so hard of you laugh to me on internet I cry at night in winnie pooh pants like Necromorbus of so cult stuido, idiot.
Ragingwinter

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to go with Seventh son here, that intro riff with the keyboard sounds massive.

Seeing them perform it live last summer was something else.
Ashdautas

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite "Classic Maiden Epics"? Reply with quote

Last edited by Ashdautas on Mon May 06, 2013 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
heavyR

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it when people go straight for calling someone an idiot.

Buy this crap.
Laugh At Your Corpse

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite "Classic Maiden Epics"? Reply with quote

Ashdautas wrote:
Heliogabalus wrote:
What are your favorite classic Maiden epics? I left out Hallowed and a few others as I believe they just don't have the same "epic" (whatever your idea of that is) quality. Are there any after Seventh Son that you think are worthy?
You are, for lack of a better word, an idiot. "Hallowed be thy name" is, by far and above, their best song (be it "epic" or otherwise), hands down.
Leaving that song off of your list alone has destroyed your credibility in even attempting to discuss this legendary band.
STFU. It's not even the best song on the album.
Morbid Obesity

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite "Classic Maiden Epics"? Reply with quote

Ashdautas wrote:
Heliogabalus wrote:
You are, for lack of a better word, an idiot. "Hallowed be thy name" is, by far and above, their best song (be it "epic" or otherwise), hands down.
Leaving that song off of your list alone has destroyed your credibility in even attempting to discuss this legendary band.

Why don't you go jam one of those Ghost butt plugs?

On topic : I'd have to go with Seventh Son off that list. Though a lot of fans seem to love it I could never get into Rime for whatever reason.
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite "Classic Maiden Epics"? Reply with quote

Ashdautas wrote:
Heliogabalus wrote:

You are entitled to your opinion regarding my omission of Hallowed be Thy Name and my lack of credibility as a fan of this legendary band. My main reason in creating the poll was to perhaps discover if anyone favored something other than a song the band has played on almost every tour since the Number of the Beast was recorded. I did not state if Hallowed were a stronger or weaker song than any of those listed. Someone mentioned Phantom of the Opera. This was an excellent choice. By the way your avatar indicates you have destroyed your credibility in even attempting to portray an admiration for Japanese Cinema. Only Ozu and Teshigahara is real. Was the purpose of your avatar even related to an admiration for Japanese Ciinema? Obviously not. Now try to make the connection motherfucker. Or just read the second sentence of my post. Very Happy
Manta

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Rime of the Ancient Mariner."

Ashdautas, get the fuck out of here. Evil or Very Mad
Ashdautas

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite "Classic Maiden Epics"? Reply with quote

[868fffhhkutt5579

Last edited by Ashdautas on Mon May 06, 2013 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ashdautas

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite "Classic Maiden Epics"? Reply with quote

Laugh At Your Corpse wrote:
Ashdautas wrote:
Heliogabalus wrote:
STFU. It's not even the best song on the album.
A) Make me
B) It's not only the best song on the album, it is their best song, period.
Razz
Heliogabalus

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite "Classic Maiden Epics"? Reply with quote

Ashdautas wrote:
Heliogabalus wrote:
Ashdautas wrote:
Heliogabalus wrote:

You are entitled to your opinion regarding my omission of Hallowed be Thy Name and my lack of credibility as a fan of this legendary band. My main reason in creating the poll was to perhaps discover if anyone favored something other than a song the band has played on almost every tour since the Number of the Beast was recorded. Someone mentioned Phantom of the Opera. This was an excellent choice. By the way your avatar indicates you have destroyed your credibility in even attempting to portray an admiration for Japanese Cinema. Only Ozu and Teshigahara is real. Was the purpose of your avatar even related to Japanese Ciinema? Obviously not. Now try to make the connection motherfucker. Or just read the second sentence of my post. Very Happy
Your first sentence asks about ALL songs that can be considered epics (time of creation is not addressed as a deciding factor). Your second sentence asks about songs that were created AFTER seventh son. Those ask 2 different questions, I am responding about the first, can you not recognize the distinction?
As far as Japanese cinema goes, I only readily view jidaigeki films and have no use for anything outside of that genre. The directors you mentioned have nothing to do with that so why should I give a fuck about any of their creations?
Try harder with your next response, please.

You win. You are a bigger Maiden fan, and I'm poser. Let's agree to stop it here so we don't go all Ghost or Watain on the thread. My reply didn't really make sense after all. I'm embarrassed in that I lowered myself to your level and even responded to you in the first place. Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: