P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Reverorum Ib Malacht: The first good Christian black metal?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
probert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably not the best way to bind an insert for an LP

dawn patrol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those staples scratch up the jacket real good. Same issue with Katharsis "Kruzifixion"..
probert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawn patrol wrote:
Those staples scratch up the jacket real good. Same issue with Katharsis "Kruzifixion"..

im just glad it wasnt packed next to the vinyl.
gromcrom
banned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mortem zine I see Hammemit site has new, LONG interview with Reverorum Ib Malacht post:
http://hammemit.wordpress.com/malacht/

Look interest though my level English mean I probably never full understand most of words Laughing
eighthplague

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emil's always been really wordy. He comes across as far more "down to earth" these days at least.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hadn't noticed this brilliant thread before. Please give me a word of advice, should I listen to my Incubus lps or not? I feel so insecure.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Hadn't noticed this brilliant thread before. Please give me a word of advice, should I listen to my Incubus lps or not? I feel so insecure.

Mallcore band or true death thrash cult band? Colored vinyl or shit-CD? Cultsette maybe? How many generations of dubs? What does each individual copy smell like? How many dust particles are within the 4th-11th grooves on side B? Is there a crackle at 14:26 on the A side?
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

weaklingone wrote:
I am hard pressed to believe that Emil is the type who practices the sort of Christianity that is centered on positivist, pro-life values, etc.

Christianity is many things, but pro-life (not the anti abortion term...) is certainly not one of them. Along with Islam, I cannot think of another ideology that works harder to deny life to it's believers than Christianity.
weaklingone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
weaklingone wrote:
I am hard pressed to believe that Emil is the type who practices the sort of Christianity that is centered on positivist, pro-life values, etc.

Christianity is many things, but pro-life (not the anti abortion term...) is certainly not one of them. Along with Islam, I cannot think of another ideology that works harder to deny life to it's believers than Christianity.

true (I have read Antichrist of course), however I guess I was referring more to how the believers see christianity, and I believe that most see it as positivist and pro-life.
Wants/Trades: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=275935#275935
Good Traders: Golden Bull, Jalmym203, Kakarot SS5 (Sale), Mangled Torsos (Sale), bc, blashyrkh66, Hobophobic (Multiple), dangerass, thevampirictyrant
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weaklingone wrote:
blodhemn9 wrote:
weaklingone wrote:

true (I have read Antichrist of course), however I guess I was referring more to how the believers see christianity, and I believe that most see it as positivist and pro-life.

Yeah, that is true... they see it as positive and life affirming, when that couldn't be further further from the truth. Christianity seeks to deny it's followers of this life in the vain hope of a better one after death. I don't see how anyone that expects a better life after this one can possibly live this life to the fullest.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:

You have a very naive and limited perception of Christianity.
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gromcrom wrote:
Thanks Mortem zine I see Hammemit site has new, LONG interview with Reverorum Ib Malacht post:
http://hammemit.wordpress.com/malacht/

Look interest though my level English mean I probably never full understand most of words Laughing

Good interview. Not even the slightest bit sympathetic to Popism, but it does make for an interesting read.
Kerker_aus_zeit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this lp still available somewhere?
Orpheus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ias wrote:

Hmm, as far as I know, the modern QBL is mostly European invention... However this doesn't take away the fact that it is derived from Hebrew, which derived from Egypt, which derived from China.
What does it have to do with you reading it? These Instruments of Unveiling? Or These Bands?

That is correct.

Quote:
The truth is that religion is so vast and complex that general terms like "Christian" or "Jew" are really useless. Kabbalism is a huge part of the occult, but kabbalists are Jewish, so to claim to like/practice the occult and hate jews is pretty retarded (I am saying this with a very limited knowledge of either the occult or judeism, so if someone disagrees, feel free to correct me).

The Kabbalism that you're talking about is a mystical form of Judaism, it has essentially nothing to do with the Qabala developed in the Middle Ages by christian and muslim alchemists and occultists, which is basically just a system of notation, like algebra in mathematics.

weaklingone wrote:
Vis-a-vis the Christianity discussion: generally I agree, black metal is anti-christian, thus "white metal" is not black metal. HOWEVER, if you are so reductive to think that all forms of Christianity as essentially the same, then you are a dolt thicker than a lead door. Take for instance David Tibet/C93, his form of Gnostic Christianity is so far removed from the bible thumpers we know and hate that it's hard to believe that it even falls under the "Christian" umbrella.

I agree with this statement. Any broader, populist religious institution that has significant cultural significance, has cults that are "occult" in nature and treat the subject matter with far more depth then the mainstream faith. Islam has the Sufis for example.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerker_aus_zeit wrote:
is this lp still available somewhere?

Doubtful, but good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: