P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Reverorum Ib Malacht: The first good Christian black metal?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steken

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reverorum Ib Malacht: The first good Christian black metal? Reply with quote

So I was spinning the Reverorum Ib Malacht LP the other day, and realized that it's the first Christian black metal album I've ever heard in my life -- and it's pretty damn good, too.

Have there ever been another good, or even just halfway decent, Christian black metal band (or life metal or white metal or whatever the fuck they call it), or have they all sucked? Are Reverorum Ib Malacht the very first (and possibly last) to rock that shit in a way that's both aaaargh and Pope-approved at the same time?

Ps. Yes, yes, I remember the whole "but the material was recorded before Emil's conversion!", let's not have that again.
probert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this thread is going to suck
da666

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: Reverorum Ib Malacht: The first good Christian black met Reply with quote

Steken wrote:
So I was spinning the Reverorum Ib Malacht LP the other day, and realized that it's the first Christian black metal album I've ever heard in my life

No such thing as xtian BM. Maybe "christian extreme metal emulation so it sounds like BM". But it is not BM.

End transmission.
LordTheynian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: Reverorum Ib Malacht: The first good Christian black met Reply with quote

da666 wrote:
Steken wrote:
So I was spinning the Reverorum Ib Malacht LP the other day, and realized that it's the first Christian black metal album I've ever heard in my life

No such thing as xtian BM. Maybe "christian extreme metal emulation so it sounds like BM". But it is not BM.

End transmission.

QFT.

It cannot exist. It's a paradox.
Steken

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Re: Reverorum Ib Malacht: The first good Christian black met Reply with quote

LordTheynian wrote:
da666 wrote:
Steken wrote:

End transmission.

QFT.

It cannot exist. It's a paradox.

Fair 'nuff. But "christian extreme metal emulation so it sounds like BM", then. Is any of that stuff actually GOOD, musically, apart from Reverorum Ib Malacht?
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a fucking KILLER record. Anyone who dismissed it because of the mans beliefs isn't worth a toss. It's one of the darkest sounding Black Metal records ever produced. It's really Dödfödds full length.
rthdx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm cynically rubbing my hands each time I gaze at my 10 copies of "Likpredikan" tape waiting for their hour... Cool
bigcartel
youtube
Kill Monument

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

It sounds amazing from the little I have heard but it is insanely expensive.

www.facebook.com/malthusianDM
rthdx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: re Reply with quote

Kill Monument wrote:
It sounds amazing from the little I have heard but it is insanely expensive.

For how much does it go now? Cannot wait to start jewing on it in the most absurd way possible... Razz
bigcartel
youtube
deathevocation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: Reverorum Ib Malacht: The first good Christian black met Reply with quote

da666 wrote:
Steken wrote:

End transmission.
Exitium

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reverorum ib Malacht was black metal before Emil's conversion, it doesn't automatically stop being black metal just because you have sand in your vagina. I have more respect for them post-conversion anyway.

Blutkvlt wrote:
Wear your cunted out black metal shirts while practicing occult rituals like burning sage and posting quotes from Aleister Crowley on facebook.
HateHammer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weltering in Blood wrote:
It's really Dödfödds full length.

What? Is the Dödfödd-guy christian now??
eighthplague

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exitium wrote:
Reverorum ib Malacht was black metal before Emil's conversion, it doesn't automatically stop being black metal just because you have sand in your vagina. I have more respect for them post-conversion anyway.

Exactly. It's definitely not a "Christian" album, at least in the way you are all talking about it. Your first hint is that there's a song called "Sermon Below The Mount", for fuck's sake.

From the way I understand it (meaning from my ears and reading the spine of the 2LP), it's Reverorum ib Malacht and Dödfödd material. I lost the booklet pretty much immediately after getting it (yeah, I know...), but my assumption is that the last track is Dödfödd. Explains the need for silence splitting it off from the rest of the release and why it doesn't sound the same as anything else on the album.
The_Elite

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rthdx wrote:
I'm cynically rubbing my hands each time I gaze at my 10 copies of "Likpredikan" tape waiting for their hour... Cool

sort me out with one and you'll still have 9 to stare at! Wink
Agonistess

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This band is fantastic...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: