P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

SALIGIA

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Guest






PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: SALIGIA Reply with quote

Hej maniakz,

As the seven deadly sins have become quite a spleen to me I'd like to know what musical interpretations are out there. Recommendations on full-length concept albums would be highly appreciated, but also single tracks that picked the seven deadly sins out as a central theme or even artworks are greatly welcome.

Something in the direction of…

Dödsdömd's Seven Deadly Sins/ De Sju Dödssynderna
Daemon's Seven Deadly Sins
Deadly Sins Ep box set
Saligia's Seven demo


But this list doesn't have to be restricted to Metal stuff, please name any album with its focus on that very theme which comes to your mind.

THANK YOU!
Steffen
Back to top
Kapalika



Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 2433
Location: Germoney

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Immolation - Internal Decadence on Dawn of Possession

... or so I thought, actually there are allusions made to "The 120 Days of Sodom" in the lyrics (Circle of Mania, Circle of Excrements).
_________________
A nobody in a world of somebodies
Black market list
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Black_Fire



Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 3714
Location: Poland

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you imagine my face when I read title of this theard and thining someone knows polish band Saligia? heheh
_________________
DOOM008: Rot - Kingdom of Antichrist Sodomy
DOOM010: Necrostuprum / Satanic Torment - Goetes
DOOM fuckbook
www.doomzine.bandcamp.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
s.charlach



Joined: 20 May 2008
Posts: 3162
Location: ...am Hexenstieg (Germany)

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, maybe I should have asked for Iron Maiden songs for getting some more replies on here, huh? Wink

Totally forgot about Swedish sludge headz Siebensünden and Plus' The Seven Deadly Sins album from 1969. C'mon, is there really nothing else which pops up to your mind? Thanks, Kapalika, for the heads up towards Immolation. Don't like the band that much, but will check the given title out.


Black_Fire wrote:
Can you imagine my face when I read title of this theard and thining someone knows polish band Saligia? heheh

Oh, so there's a Polish band with that very monicker as well. Do the guyz have a lyrical concept based on the deadly sins or is it just the name?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
derelict



Joined: 06 Dec 2007
Posts: 611

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salgia "seven" demo is Norwegian(trondheim)
not the same as the Polish band.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
s.charlach



Joined: 20 May 2008
Posts: 3162
Location: ...am Hexenstieg (Germany)

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

derelict wrote:
Salgia "seven" demo is Norwegian(trondheim)
not the same as the Polish band.

I know. Still I'm interested in getting some more infos about that Polish horde.

Btw, there's the "i" for Iuvidia missing in Saligia. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Black_Fire



Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 3714
Location: Poland

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have thier reh - only known recording of them. If you want I can copy you this on tape.
_________________
DOOM008: Rot - Kingdom of Antichrist Sodomy
DOOM010: Necrostuprum / Satanic Torment - Goetes
DOOM fuckbook
www.doomzine.bandcamp.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
iron tyrant



Joined: 17 Jul 2007
Posts: 2455
Location: ITALIA

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: SALIGIA Reply with quote

Schall und Rauch wrote:
Hej maniakz,

As the seven deadly sins have become quite a spleen to me I'd like to know what musical interpretations are out there. Recommendations on full-length concept albums would be highly appreciated, but also single tracks that picked the seven deadly sins out as a central theme or even artworks are greatly welcome.

Something in the direction of…

Dödsdömd's Seven Deadly Sins/ De Sju Dödssynderna
Daemon's Seven Deadly Sins
Deadly Sins Ep box set
Saligia's Seven demo


But this list doesn't have to be restricted to Metal stuff, please name any album with its focus on that very theme which comes to your mind.

THANK YOU!
Steffen


Easy one, Slayer "Seven Faces" Very Happy
_________________
Into the Menstrual Night We Go-o, Hey-Ho, Hey-Ho...

Professor Black wrote:
NWOBHM is not a style of music.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group