P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Haw far do YOU go in the Iron Maiden catalog?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holy ghost

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck man when they came out and opened with Moonchild last summer that was so fuckin' tits...
PeterVenkman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wish they would play Alexander the Great or infinite dreams live.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeterVenkman wrote:

Will not happen... The band is getting obviously too old to play some of the more technically complicated songs.

"You can't hide the hook!"
PeterVenkman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, Nicko is nearly 60
Aeonblade

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
PeterVenkman wrote:

Will not happen... The band is getting obviously too old to play some of the more technically complicated songs.

I don't know about Nicko, but the guitarists are more technically skilled now than they ever were. They've been laying down some pretty blazing solos on the reunion albums.

It's not really a surprise, they've only recently started adding more obscure songs.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No infinite dreams is my one complaint about last years tour.

I don't think we'll ever get Alexander (my favorite of the Maiden epics by a wide margin) since they've never played a song live that they didn't play on the original tour for the album the song appears on.

You can find footage on youtube of Bruce singing a verse from Alexander to an audience in Greece a few years back...

As far as the topic goes, I go all the way. Balls deep.
Final Holocaust

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather listen to No Prayer or Brave New World (both are glorious stuff, imo) than Seventh Son, still it is a pretty good album (if you can go through those cheesy-as-fuck synthetizers).
Even some Virtual XI sounds good to my ears, so no complain with anything that Maiden's released up to date.

Cheers and merry Christmas to everyone.
Carlzilla

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoy the stuff up to about 7th Son...but I rarely listen to anything past Number of the Beast.

And now we have fags complaining about other fags. A "fagoboros" if you will.

http://www.last.fm/user/carlzilla
Twilight Command

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything up to and including Seventh Son and then Brave New World. Definitely prefer Dickinson to Di'Anno. Not even a contest.

Speaking of Maiden. They've apparently learned from Metallica's mistakes and have been using data on where their songs are most downloaded to plan tours. They're making a killing doing it. Article: http://www.citeworld.com/consumerization/22803/iron-maiden-musicmetric?page=0
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twilight Command wrote:
Everything up to and including Seventh Son and then Brave New World. Definitely prefer Dickinson to Di'Anno. Not even a contest.

Speaking of Maiden. They've apparently learned from Metallica's mistakes and have been using data on where their songs are most downloaded to plan tours. They're making a killing doing it. Article: http://www.citeworld.com/consumerization/22803/iron-maiden-musicmetric?page=0

hah! Fucking nice work Maiden!
Tireheb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twilight Command wrote:
They've apparently learned from Metallica's mistakes and have been using data on where their songs are most downloaded to plan tours.

It's actually the opposite. Maiden should look upon Metallica what comes to tours or setlists.

"You can't hide the hook!"
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
Twilight Command wrote:
They've apparently learned from Metallica's mistakes and have been using data on where their songs are most downloaded to plan tours.

It's actually the opposite. Maiden should look upon Metallica what comes to tours or setlists.

?
Maiden had been operating with alternating with tours for new stuff, then old stuff for about a decade now. No real complaints from me.
Nosferatu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's a static setlist. Metallica keeps it a bit fun for people who see them every your or several dates the same tour.

Maiden is much like AC/DC where they keep the almost exact set for the entire tour. Either way it's alway a nice show but it would be cool to not know what little nugget they'll throw in for their hardcore fans, like an Alexander... the way Metallica might throw in Orion or some other rare track. Anyway, the only real problem I have with these modern past Maiden tours is that they throw in fear of the dark and shit like that.

speaking of Metallica tho, they will tour this summer as Metallica By Request. Everyone who buys a ticket can vote from their entire catalogue and. that will be the setlist. early in the polls the setlist was cum in pants great with Frayed ends of sanity, To live is to die, Trapped under ice and other extremely rare and never before played tracks.

that is now backfiring when the casual masses are voting for. puppets, sandman, one, bells and shit... same. story for all cities all over the tour... gonna be a. Maiden setlist for the entire tour. fucking douchebags voting for the hittiest hits instead of the never before played amazing songs.

oh well, Stockholm looks like it's getting justice and horsemen.
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maiden and Metallica cater to two entirely different smarkets thesedays. My wife would happily go and see a Metallica concert, she'd be ashamed to be seen dead near a Maiden concert and I reckon that's the general consensus. Maiden were never a "trendy" band to like. I agree that it's be great to see Maiden throw in a few gems every now and again just to change it up. I've seen the live countless times and as much as I love Hallowed be Thy Name, I think I'd skip them if they came to town again. Metallica on the other hand I haven't seen since about 2005 and I've no interest in seeing at all, no matter what the set list. James can't sing for shit anymore and the kind of people that go to a Metallica concert are just too much to bare.
Twilight Command

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stageshow element of a Maiden performance makes it much harder for them to change up their setlist from night to night compared to a band like Metallica. Maiden has pyro, costume changes, props, extras, etc that all have to happen on cue. A Maiden set is a production.

Metallica, on the other hand, has little beyond what you'd see in a pub gig. The only difference is that you paid way too much money to be way too far from the band.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: