P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Haw far do YOU go in the Iron Maiden catalog?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to dislike the later material (after SSoaSS) but lately I think it's great. It's Maiden, whats not to like? not as strong as the old material but still great music.
Morbid Obesity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weltering in Blood wrote:
I used to dislike the later material (after SSoaSS) but lately I think it's great. It's Maiden, whats not to like? not as strong as the old material but still great music.

Exclamation
mlotek

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Haw far do YOU go in the Iron Maiden catalog? Reply with quote

Di'anno era rules, the rest is ok.

I USED TO really like Bruce's singing, until one day sometime in the past 10 years or so, I just had enough and stopped caring.
Fuck, I even bought his solo albums, and there were only a couple decent songs on them.
Found his style annoying, especially with so many others copying him..

I used to love all Iron Maiden, debut to Fear of the Dark.
Not so much anymore, just have songs I like from the Bruce-era.
Probably NOW will give another chance to the 2 LP's with Blaze Bayley.

El Feroce wrote:
holyhell666 wrote:
Seventh Son is pure shit. Pop music.

Whimps and posers please leave the hall.

When it was released, it was confusing to me why Play with Madness was on there ! and why so much synth !
but
"Seventh Son" is enjoyable these days, have to listen to the album all the way through. It definitely is a classic, but not one that should be copied.
hevosrunkkari

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nowhere. Never liked this band.
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: Haw far do YOU go in the Iron Maiden catalog? Reply with quote

mlotek wrote:
and why so much synth !

That was the main reason that I only gave Somewhere in Time a couple of spins and pretty well stopped paying attention, after that.

I had read some interview back in '85 where Stever Harris was asked if they would ever use sythesizers or keyboards in their music and he basically replied that they were a guitar band and keyboards had no place in Iron Maiden.

And then SIT came out, with the guitar synths, which apparently made it all okay. To my confused, teen-age brain, such ostensible hypocrisy was troubling. And there was Bay Area thrash.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On that first Iron Maiden DVD Bruce is talking with some polish dude, who says "I want to do what you do but with synthesizers" and Bruce goes "aye you don't make heavy metal with synthesizers mate"

Still, SSoaSS fuckin' rules.....
mlotek

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Haw far do YOU go in the Iron Maiden catalog? Reply with quote

Knucklehead wrote:
mlotek wrote:
and why so much synth !

That was the main reason that I only gave Somewhere in Time a couple of spins and pretty well stopped paying attention, after that.

I had read some interview back in '85 where Stever Harris was asked if they would ever use sythesizers or keyboards in their music and he basically replied that they were a guitar band and keyboards had no place in Iron Maiden.

And then SIT came out, with the guitar synths, which apparently made it all okay. To my confused, teen-age brain, such ostensible hypocrisy was troubling. And there was Bay Area thrash.

holy ghost wrote:
On that first Iron Maiden DVD Bruce is talking with some polish dude, who says "I want to do what you do but with synthesizers" and Bruce goes "aye you don't make heavy metal with synthesizers mate"

Still, SSoaSS fuckin' rules.....

I remember that, the "Maiden Poland" Muchmusic TV special,and that part was the funniest, what with Maiden did on future LP's.

The thing I find frustrating with the band is on albums like Somewhere in Time, they will have a cool catchy but still heavy song like "Deja Vu", similar to "Still Life" from the album Piece of Mind, but they never play them live or made more songs like that, and they never made these into singles for radio airplay after the obvious hit single the record company would put out.
A part of the charm of these songs is the lyrics.

yeah, I USED to love FM radio. Maybe there are some stations on the airwaves somewhere else that still play good metal and hard rock.
DIVERGENTSERIES

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Ronnie James Dio era Maiden from like Scream for Vengeance until Chain of Command + Can I Play With Madness with Joey DeMaio on bass.
spectre

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm not mistaken don't the liner notes to Piece of Mind say something like "Iron Maiden plays heavy metal with no synths, etc..." or something to that effect.

Regardless, SIT and SSoSS are masterworks.
Endsieg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
The first ones esp. the debut are my favourites. Up to Somewhere in Time I like them very much.
The others...well not so. I must say I didnt heard all of the "newer" ones so far

same here.
Petrificado

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no massive Maiden fan however I do enjoy all the classic stuff. I prefer the first two records to anything with Bruce. Although he's a great vocalist he can really grate on me after a while.

However, when I want a fix of Bruce I always choose the mighty 'Head On' by Samson. Unbelievably catchy anthems, one of my favourites. Am I the only person in the world who prefers Bruce era Samson to Bruce era Maiden? Laughing
ritualsodomy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of it. I like every single Maiden album. But I am a massive Maiden fan boy and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Easily the best and most important band ever for me.
mithrandir

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7th Son...

probably my 2nd or 3rd fav maiden these days
Nosferatu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

7th son.

but I rarely put on anything else than s/t, piece of mind or powerslave. s/t by far being the best one. the only Bruce album that gets remotely close is piece of mind imo
Onge Bakstra

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No clue, really. I've mostly used Iron Maiden as this 'best of' band where I'll listen to their more well-known songs instead of entire albums. I haven't given their newer work an honest chance yet, either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: