P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Record identification

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Record identification Reply with quote

Tried to buy a nunslaughter/goatlord split (bestial onslaught pressing) on discogs. It arrived a couple days ago and i noticed two things wrong:

No cover at all. Checked the listing and it said nothing about a missing cover. The HHR cardboard insert for the picture disc version was included with it.

Upon further comparison its not even the same record as the split. It looks like something released by HHR though. Anyone able to help me identify it based on the labels and matrix?

Matrix: 7511602/A FOR SATAN

Matrix:7511601/B ALL BLOOD
siax2.0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

googled a bit for fun:

https://www.google.de/search?q="for+satan"+"all+blood"+7+hells+headbangers

http://www.cultmetal.com/bestial-mockery-karnarium-hail-occult-masters

my tradelist
eighthplague

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. You got REALLY fucked on this.
TacoBell

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel for you
outlaw-recordings

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discogs is kinda fucked..... I've had a LOT of experiences like this when I've bought on there. I hate that sellers can't post photos of their actual items they're selling, but have to just use the 'stock photos'. I usually ask sellers for photos of the actual item, but even that doesn't always help.

This past weekend I saw something I was interested in and wrote the seller and asked for photos of the actual item. The seller replied that he didn't have time or think it was worth bothering emailing me the photos since it was "only a $10 record" and went on to tell me about how busy he is and that he has a record label, family, and job or something..... in the fucking time it had taken him to type up that bullshit he could've taken a fucking photo and sold his record to me!

I mean you can find some cool shit on there, but their system leaves a lot to be desired (the buying/selling part at least), and as I said about 1/3 of the things I've gotten on there have been wrong and/or not graded properly. One time I even got a shaped picture disc that was fucking CRACKED, the Discogs seller had graded it as VG+. He said that the crack wasn't in the grooves so it seemed OK to him! Haha.....
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grading issues i can tell, but its gone both ways, i've both bought stuff graded higher than it actually was, and the other way around. Since most records i buy through the site fall into that "its only a $10 record" category so i just shrug it off. This is the first time i've gotten the completely wrong record
outlaw-recordings

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya, getting a completely wrong/random record takes the cake. But as for the grading issues or it not being the exact pressing I'd been expecting it's not about how much the record even costs, but just that I don't want to waste my time or any amount of money getting something I don't want or need that is going to clutter my space! It's more about the principle than the cost of the record. And in the end after paying postage any $10 record becomes a $15 record and then it actually does kind of suck and gets harder to just let it slide.
Nichts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would follow this up, get your money back!
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nichts wrote:
I would follow this up, get your money back!

Yeah im working on that now to see if it can be resolved. Apparently was one of those free records/insert that HHR sometimes throws in orders from their overrun and the guy just forgot what it was and mislisted it.

Seems like one of those things that would be easier to give to a friend or a freebie with another record order if that's the case than try to sell it online without mentioning that detail in the listing. Confused

Omid, i understand where you're coming from. Different perspective on our collections i suppose with that, as i just want a copy to listen to for a lot of my want list items. Fortunately this is the first record i bought from discogs where the pressing itself was my main motive, but definitely makes me even more vigilant when looking to buy stuff specifically under that reason as well!
DSS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper's Grave wrote:
Apparently was one of those free records/insert that HHR sometimes throws in orders from their overrun and the guy just forgot what it was and mislisted it.

I don't believe it. In my opinion the seller was looking for a sucker who wouldn't know the difference. But I was wrong before so....
outlaw-recordings

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper's Grave wrote:

Omid, i understand where you're coming from. Different perspective on our collections i suppose with that, as i just want a copy to listen to for a lot of my want list items. Fortunately this is the first record i bought from discogs where the pressing itself was my main motive, but definitely makes me even more vigilant when looking to buy stuff specifically under that reason as well!

Yeah for me I still buy records just for listening too, but most of the stuff I'd bother hunting down on there is very specific pressings and/or variations that I've wanted for bands that I "get deep" into collecting! So that's where it can be frustrating trying to navigate on there. But on a positive note, I will say that I'm VERY glad there is an alternative to eBay now, that rules even if Discogs is still working out some kinks! And I really do enjoy and value the site for the amount of information there is about records on there- and I contribute too as it's a great way to share some of this (useless/trivial?) knowledge!
Weltering in Blood

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Record grading at discogs has definitely gotten more unreliable. People are over estimating the condition of their stuff, either intentionally or out of pure ignorance, I don't know. I've just bought a copy of the Key, seller said it was EX (cover and record) but the cover is fairly fucked on the spine and the record is covered in hairlines (doesn't affect play but LOOKS fucked), I wouldn't have graded either of them more than VG. Agree with the poster who said sellers should be forced to supply photos, would save a lot of hassle.
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I avoid discogs and ebay completely.
It seems far less hassle to just buy new releases from say NWN or HHR. Laughing

Sorting through the various degree's of tragic tales of 'why' that person is trying to unload said album is too much grief. Depending on some stranger to cut a 'fair' deal is also rather humorous.

The whole point of selling anything is to profit. That is in every business model, taught to everyone from youth. The very nature of the system we live in.
Used cars salesmen? We all know the stereotype associated with used car sale lots. Well, time to start applying that stereotype to ebay and discogs. Laughing
dreadmeat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper's Grave wrote:
wrong item sent

How is the seller responding to you, apologetic and keen to resolve?
If he's being an arse file a support request, they're usually happy to help resolve disputes [within their power]

https://www.discogs.com/support/new

Please email me about trades
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: