P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Maryland Deathfest 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Urfe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.flickr.com/photos/maxhalephotography/sets/72157633939146290/

A little late but here are some photos i got of a few bands over the weekend.
Blarted at Birth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't been on nwn since mdf but the only highlights worth mentioning.
-double bed hotel room with smoking for 70 bucks/night courtesy of Americas Best Value Inn.
-Cobalt, Abigail, Anhedonist, Hellshock, The Obsessed, Loss, INFEST
-cheese fries
-fucking REVENGE and BOLT THROWER
-the weather (minus the rain on thursday night)
-the frontman for Mutant Supremacy holding up the horns for like an hour non-stop during bolt thrower (dude on the left side)
Blarted at Birth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also these two pictures of REVENGE I took turned out pretty awesome.

morfumax

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hand is famous.
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blarted at Birth wrote:
Also these two pictures of REVENGE I took turned out pretty awesome.

Second one is pretty cool.

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, how many people watched Down? It's the hardest I've laughed in a long time! Does anyone have a copy of that Anselmo stage banter compilation that's floating around?
Blarted at Birth

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devoured Death wrote:
So, how many people watched Down? It's the hardest I've laughed in a long time! Does anyone have a copy of that Anselmo stage banter compilation that's floating around?

I loved their set. At one point he called out one dude and said something like "motherfucker quit starin at me like you wanna suck my dick." And then during their last song Dixie from Weedeater did a backflip on stage. Hilarious.
xray

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I walked past Down, but didn't bother watching them. Just not my thing.

Anyway, I am late to the party here, but fuck it. I agree with others in that this MDF had more issues and problems than any prior one I've attended, but I also had the best overall time. Every day wasn't a sweaty deathmarch between the three stages, booze, food, merch from noon until 2am. Festival grounds were spacious and easy to navigate. I got drunker than I ever have at MDF and still didn't have hangovers because I went to bed at a decent hour every night. I wish I could be all svperkvlt and say that this doesn't matter to me...but it does.

I was probably very near the scuffle that broke out on Thursday as well. I think BT might be my favorite memory of the fest, really. It was shitting rain -- just an unholy constant downpour of water -- and I was standing just outside the tents in the back next to a dude named Dan from Chicago and we were bellowing Bolt Thrower lyrics at the tops of our lungs and headbanging. Water was squishing out of my boots with every step.

Friday and Saturday were mostly just about craft beer (Max's, Heavy Seas, Alewife), my friend's charcuterie, Champions League footy, and the few bands each day we wanted to see. (Aosoth and Antaeus were at the top of my list for those days, but we probably saw 10 bands in total those two days.) Sunday I got stuck in that stupid fucking line, but managed to get in to see Cruciamentum. RIP.

I've always wanted to see a live-action rendition of Spinal Tap, and Venom did not disappoint. Look, I like Venom as much as the next person, but they've had a ridiculous career and they have ridiculous onstage personas. That's part of their charm and allure. So watching as a festival organizer, a security guard and the band manager got into a shoving match at stage-left while the band was playing was pretty much exactly how I'd always imagined every Venom show went down. Cutting them off was just the glorious icing on the Nigel Tufnel cake. I could not have been happier even if the ghost of RJD had parachuted in at that moment and led the crowd in a karaoke rendition of Rainbow in the Dark.

All told, I saw maybe half of the bands on the entire bill (I had a Soundstage pass as well). Some I only stayed for one song, others I saw the entire set. I'll be curious to see how next year's festival shapes up with a potentially new venue.

I'm surprised I didn't see some of you who I've met in previous years at the fest. I will blame devil ethanol for that. Friday and Saturday were...very drunk. Laughing

Last edited by xray on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blarted at Birth wrote:
Devoured Death wrote:

I loved their set. At one point he called out one dude and said something like "motherfucker quit starin at me like you wanna suck my dick." And then during their last song Dixie from Weedeater did a backflip on stage. Hilarious.

I went to the bar every time they played a song (which was fairly rare), the stage banter had me in tears though. I've never heard so much bullshit spouted in such a short space of time. My favorite was when he said, obviously to a guy in a Witchfinder General shirt: "Yes! Witchfinder General! We'd be no-where without that!" To which I thought, okay, so maybe he likes good music, until he followed it up with: "Vincent Price was great in that!" Of course, the moment where he looked out over the stage, did his tough guy nodding and chest thumping and then said: "Brother Dime would be so fuckin' proud!" got me too!
eighthplague

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil Anselmo is a retarded ape that makes it impossible for me to enjoy any band he's even been in. I could probably like a fair amount of Down if he wasn't the dipshit leading it.
xray

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devoured Death wrote:
Of course, the moment where he looked out over the stage, did his tough guy nodding and chest thumping and then said: "Brother Dime would be so fuckin' proud!" got me too!

Laughing That's the exact moment I walked past the show.
darkdescentrecords

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xray wrote:
Devoured Death wrote:
Of course, the moment where he looked out over the stage, did his tough guy nodding and chest thumping and then said: "Brother Dime would be so fuckin' proud!" got me too!

I caught that part too...made me chuckle. I looked at the stage and for some reason it reminded me of a side show at the carnival.
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eighthplague wrote:
Phil Anselmo is a retarded ape that makes it impossible for me to enjoy any band he's even been in. I could probably like a fair amount of Down if he wasn't the dipshit leading it.

I don't like them musically either, I just like to laugh at him being a retard.

darkdescentrecords wrote:
xray wrote:
Devoured Death wrote:

I caught that part too...made me chuckle. I looked at the stage and for some reason it reminded me of a side show at the carnival.

Haha, you were pretty angry for most of it! Also pretty intoxicated! Wink
Carpathian_Florist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is when Phil was pretty damn awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4-j10gay2k
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blarted at Birth wrote:
Devoured Death wrote:

Someone please post that stage banter comp.

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 37 of 39

Jump to: