P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Maryland Deathfest 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the sounds of it, they can basically just do it in a parking lot anywhere downtown, so i think it should work out in the same area if they can convince someone to let them do it.
outlaw-recordings

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xyosefx wrote:
valgalder wrote:
skipping carcass because you were too cold? hahha.. what the fuck.

I somehow doubt he would have had a better time seeing them last weekend than he did in 1992.

Exactly. Watching Carcass from a quarter mile back in the that evil chill was not interesting to me. I'd seen them before, and I'd rather just remember that set than fight to see them in that setting.

But as a lot of people said, and I had also said, the fact that there were so many bands I didn't care about missing actually played in my favor since it gave me more time to hang out with friends I hadn't seen in a long time. That was the highlight of MDF. And I also agree that if it is held out in the middle of nowhere it will change the vibe, but it could also play in it's favor. The Euro metal fests are held in the middle of nowhere and some logistical things (like parking) are much easier, though I guess the hotel scene can be lame.
Dusted

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if MDF had no bands and was just a metal market it would still be a great time
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a great time. Certainly, some of the security at the gate were dickheads. I saw them yelling at a guy telling him to leave, and ultimately they started pushing him. By the throat. One guy was turning around and asking the rest of the guys at the gate, "Can I hit him? Can I hit him?" But security working the boards were supercool: I've never seen security moshing or crowd surfing.

And I had a blast inside. I saw a bunch of bands that will probably never come to Atlanta and hung out with a bunch of friends from home. Got drunk, bought merch, ate bad food, and chatted with random people. Definitely a good time.

Highlights: Bolt Thrower, Aosoth, Midnight, Revenge, Cruciamentum, and Speedwolf's second set. I was caught out in the line for their first.
spectre

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusted wrote:

I actually agree with this. Only bands I cared about were on Sunday; Didn't watch one band on Friday and spend a large part of Saturday drinking in a hotel room with friends.
Dusted

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah man as long as i saw aosoth antaeus and the big 4 on sunday (pagan altar,pentagram,manilla road,and venom) i was straight,lots of out of towners and people from other countries i rarely see..shopping drinking...its fuckin great,they def should be something still goin on in the sonar maybe..or just something like this closer to home
MassDoomFan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
One thing I found really annoying was the amount of hangers on that were on the sides of the main two stages this year. Wives/girlfriends/sluts/fanboys etc etc all over the damn stage distracting from the BAND.

This Manilla Road video shows what I'm talking about... I want to watch Mark The Shark play his glorious tunes, not the people on stage for no reason behind him. (great video, though)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOJtFmNknss

Dude - I completely agree - it was rather gay - like "yay - I am so cool - I am backstage" I don't want some hipster douche bag behind mark Shelton leading the crowd with fist bangs.. but I waited by the front barrier and I was up front IN THE CROWD for the entire set. It was great - I also spoke to Mark at the club and he was a complete gentleman and a man of the people - also Neudi was an ultra cool guy.

REVENGE - pretty much destroyed the "tent" I have never seen so much "air drumming " in my ilfe! but I was right up front - as I skipped the Gay melvins set - and it was well worth it. revenge is such an amazing live band -- the vocalist guitarist sound so great and I like him better than Hellkamp --- but this year sucked compared to last year -- the extra security was so NOT needed. Melvins and DOWN - just did not belong there at all ....... The fest just seemed less "underground" this year -- I guess it will surely be part of the "budwieser concert series presents the MDF" - I will not go again next year -- I much rather fly out for some random shows... also there were a ton of poser's there - fucking dudes with vests --- dunno -- I just felt like punching half the crowd in the face ... tons of pussy faggots - especially the D-bags that were invited Backstage!
Knucklehead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MassDoomFan wrote:
fucking dudes with vests --- dunno -- I just felt like punching half the crowd in the face

Ha! Apparently, you would have punched me in the face, crankypants.
MassDoomFan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knucklehead wrote:
MassDoomFan wrote:
fucking dudes with vests --- dunno -- I just felt like punching half the crowd in the face

Ha! Apparently, you would have punched me in the face.
No probably not - I was just venting... I am just disappointed with the festival - especially since I was raped by a near by hotel - lots of HIDDEN costs - that were not there last year... Fuck at this point - having it in field in the middle of nowhere would be better - Much rather sleep in a tent than deal with the LAZY and RUDE staff that works at the near by hotels - who obviously do not like the metal community very much...
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plaguewört wrote:
astralvesl wrote:
ludicrous speed wrote:

Anyone else kinda get the flu afterwards?

Yes my friends and I were all quite sick until yesterday.

Same here, just now starting to feel ok as of today.

Holy shit, MDF is what got me sick?? I set a new personal record yesterday for high fever, 104 Fahrenheit / 40 Celsius.
Eigenbrötler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MassDoomFan wrote:
Knucklehead wrote:
MassDoomFan wrote:

Ha! Apparently, you would have punched me in the face.
No probably not - I was just venting... I am just disappointed with the festival - especially since I was raped by a near by hotel - lots of HIDDEN costs - that were not there last year... Fuck at this point - having it in field in the middle of nowhere would be better - Much rather sleep in a tent than deal with the LAZY and RUDE staff that works at the near by hotels - who obviously do not like the metal community very much...

What hotel? And what were the costs?
Plaguewört

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallen_Empire wrote:
Plaguewört wrote:
astralvesl wrote:
ludicrous speed wrote:

Anyone else kinda get the flu afterwards?

Yes my friends and I were all quite sick until yesterday.

Same here, just now starting to feel ok as of today.

Holy shit, MDF is what got me sick?? I set a new personal record yesterday for high fever, 104 Fahrenheit / 40 Celsius.

It's what happens when you cram a ton of people from different areas (with different germs) into a concentrated place; in boot camp we called it "Recruit Crud".
eighthplague

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised that I didn't get sick. I actually felt great the entire time.
GiantCogs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master_Dragon_Stabber wrote:
I was outside of the tent for Bolt Thrower because it was so packed in there, that I saw Kelly (Bestial Savior of the Undead Legions) punch some guy out! Last thing I remember is the dude falling on me near the beer tent by the wall. I asked Kelly the next day what got him so pissed, and all he said was that he didn't remember. He "blacked out and went Jedi". Laughing That was great. Anyone else catch that?

I was in the same area, and I don't really remember most of what happened, but I woke up with a very bloody knee the next day.

My face didn't hurt or anything, and I had random people approaching me the next days saying they had a lot of fun headbanging with me/I was a happy drunk. So I am willing to assume I didn't get punched out, but I probably deserved it!
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="spectre"]
Dusted wrote:

I actually agree with this. Only bands I cared about were on Sunday; Didn't watch one band on Friday and spend a large part of Saturday drinking in a hotel room with friends.[/quote

This is true for fests of the size of Wacken. My friends decided to go to that during our trip to Germany. I only watched a few bands tops, but ended up spending nearly a grand in the metal market just on LP releases. If i was in Europe, i would definitely try to go to a metal market like this as part of the trip. The festival on the other hand can be very easily ignored.

However MDF is still a quality fest. Maybe different tastes, but at least friday through sunday i saw more bands each day than some other fests i've been to over the years entirely. It also manages to do it without the huge crowds some ofthe bigger euro fests draw in so actually watching a band is still possible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 36 of 39

Jump to: