P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Mastiphal “For A Glory Of All Evil...." CD Out Now

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:55 am    Post subject: Mastiphal “For A Glory Of All Evil...." CD Out Now Reply with quote

Mastiphal “For a Glory of All Evil Spirits, Rise For Victory” CD
ANTI-GOTH 291

(Description by C. Conrad)
In somewhat of a departure from the earliest blueprint that had been drawn for the subgenre of black metal by its originators, several European bands of the early 1990s began to carve their own niche with the addition of new elements to augment the original recipe. The inclusion of keyboards in particular became a hallmark characteristic of this updated version of black metal, as perhaps most famously reflected in the work of Norwegian bands such as Emperor. This popularly-recognized connection to Norway notwithstanding, the early use of keyboards in black metal also extended to more isolated European countries such as Poland, where the infamous Graveland emerged during the first half of the nineties.
The lesser-known Mastiphal of Katowice, Poland (not to be confused with the Mastiphal of Gdańsk, Poland, from roughly the same era), followed a similar path as that previously explored by both Emperor and Graveland, both in terms of its overall sound and its use of keyboards. Although it is not as celebrated as the early works of these two bands that undoubtedly served as a primary influence on it, Mastiphal’s 1995 debut album, “For a Glory of All Evil Spirits, Rise for Victory,” displays many of the same traits exhibited by both. With the exception of the melancholic tracks,“Tęsknota czasów minionych” and “Nad jeziorami myśli nieśmiertelnej ,” both of whose whispered Polish vocals add a unique touch to the album, the remaining songs on the album tend to thrive in the mid to high-mid tempos. Perhaps the highlight of these is the eight-plus-minute epic “Flames of Fire Full of Hatred,” which is characterized by multiple changes in tempos and progressions and also demonstrates, with its myriad assortment of well-written and properly-executed guitar riffs, that this album is anything but one-dimensional. Further cementing the potency of this record is the space afforded between the instruments in the production. Unlike many contemporary metal recordings, which suffer to some extent from an overly compressed and dense sound, the production on this album allows each instrument room to distinguish itself from the others, thus enabling the various nuances of each to be perceived and appreciated by an attentive listener.
Since its original CD release in 1995 on Baron Records and the following year’s one-off CD release by the relatively unknown Nocturn Records, “For a Glory of All Evil Spirits, Rise for Victory” has remained mostly in obscurity. In order to give it the recognition that is has long been overdue, Nuclear War Now! is proud to reissue this well-deserving exemplar of Polish black metal on both LP and CD formats, which shall serve as a snapshot of an era in the evolution of black metal that should not be overlooked.

-LISTEN-

Click here to order.

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Last edited by NWN PROD on Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Garcia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strong polish BM album.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mastiphal “For A Glory Of All Evil Spirits, Rise For Victory” TS Out Now

Two color discharge/aqueous printing on Gildan brand TS. Available in sizes S to XXL. Distributed in Europe by Iron Bonehead.

Also available as a bundle with the CD for a few dollars less.

Click here to order.

peterott

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for hijacking this.

I once bought the Damnatio Memoriae Do.-Digi-CD newly. Does anyone own this too? I am not able to play any of the two CDs. Neither with my player nor with the PC's CD drive.
sacrifist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterott wrote:
Sorry for hijacking this.

I once bought the Damnatio Memoriae Do.-Digi-CD newly. Does anyone own this too? I am not able to play any of the two CDs. Neither with my player nor with the PC's CD drive.

I own that release and have no problem playing it on a PC or regular CD player.
Dalen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff, too bad their latest album was quite a disappointment.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm talking to the band about putting out their demo and promo recordings out. More info to come later

Speerhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard the name but always assumed they were too much of a lower tier band to be worth checking, compared to other Polish stuff. This is excellent though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: