P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Forever Plagued Records website
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hateful_Reality

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Forever Plagued Records website Reply with quote

www.foreverplaguedrecords.com

is the website

I'm starting this thread because I believe our website has a growing list of bugs that users are experiencing and I am not getting the proper feedback via email from those encountering the problems. I want anyone who reads this thread to write any bugs or bad experiences they have come into by either registering, browsing or buying from our site. I want to take all of these problems and use them to try and improve our website and to minimize the bugs that are currently "plaguing" our webstore. All remarks are welcome but try to be specific as possible. I already know the issues are out of hand I just need to be able to pin point them all. Thank you for your time.

Tomas/FPR

btw, our website is currently down due to a hacker from Russia (supposedly). It should be back up soon 6/30/12

PSS anyone who doesn't feel comfortable writing their message here can email me directly tomasfpr@hotmail.com

Official distribution in the U.K. by Code7/PlasticHead
and in the USA by SDID.

Last edited by Hateful_Reality on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
antihumanism

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The page you are looking for could not be found.
Dan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is that your site is not very user friendly, navigation wise. Hopefully that is something you will remedy when it's back online.
Descension

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Server not found. Totally down. This reminds me that I still need that NIGHTBRINGER 3LP box.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Server not found.

But other problems-

You should have an "ALL" category for your alphabetical list of distro items. It's a pain in the ass, for example, if I'm looking for Graveland stuff, click "G", but I have to use the drop box to select CD first, then shirt, then 12", etc etc. Wouldn't be a problem if your search engine worked.

For a few days I kept getting a popup box that asked for my username and password over and over and over, and so I didn't place an order because I had no clue what that was all about.

You really should just simplify the page, Tomas. You always have really good stuff, and I order from you whenever I can, but the page is a bit convoluted.
mithrandir

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, I ordered something last week and the website was acting finicky, thought it was just on my end, I don't suppose it would hurt to ask if the order went through, I'll email you about it....
Hateful_Reality

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback eighthplague I've been trying to get the search function fixed for awhile now, going to put more pressure to get that done for sure.

Mith got back to you via email.

looking forward to hear more feedback from users who have had past experiences. Hopefully the site will be back up in a day or two for anyone who just wants to help by going onto the site and seeing how it works on their end.

We've had a lot of problems with users in Australia for some reason seems something on our side likes to block them and I personally have not seemed to figure it out. Doesn't seem to have been to burdensome lately unless we've just lost all our good ol Oz brothers by now.

and in the USA by SDID.
skeletor666

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when is "immortal pride"coming on vinyl ?

that is all Wink
arck_angell

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've ordered from you multiple times, and the website can be a pain in the ass sometimes to be honest. The fact that on every page, there is a focus on the username box in the upper right section of the page makes that if you start browsing the page before its done loading, the page will automatically go back up and then you have to click somehwere in the page to change the focus set to the username textbox to scroll down.

I also had some problems with the shipping, I'm in Canada don't know if that makes a difference but a couple of times when I reached the shipping page it said a problem occured and it cant calculate shipping. Most of the time it was fine though.

The search function seemed to be functional lately though, which is good since for a longtime it just wasn't giving any results.
eighthplague

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should consider just using Bigcartel (just not the basic version, obviously, as you can only list like 5 items...).
Zone

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest issue I have is when I sign up to create an account, when I type the captcha in no matter what I do it always says I get it wrong. I change the symbols multiple times and it still wont let me create an account.
Hateful_Reality

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Immortal Pride on vinyl, as far as I know it may already be shipped from the manufacturer. Original scheduled date was July 7th to be shipped so hopefully we'll have these by the 7th or sometime within the second week of July. We are going away from July 7th-July16th though so orders may not begin to process until after the 16th. I'll probably have a separate thread for this and other release news in a few days.

arck_angell, yes we've had periodic issues since the beginning with the way shipping is calculated. Back in march I believe usps set up or made it obsolete to have any of their older system versions. All that should be taken care of by now. I have not heard any "shipping" issues as of late. The most recent bug had to do with an error that read something about "parcel size exceeds 130 inches" or something. This bug still may occur from time to time but i haven't heard anyone complain about it lately and our webmaster was supposed to get a patch to fix it, quite frankly I'm not sure if he did or not. If I find it still exists I will too add it to the laundry list here. Of course if you encounter this shipping problem ever, please do email me tomasfpr@hotmail.com

eighthplague, can you please explain more about this "bigcartel" it is the first I'm hearing of it. Like what are its up sides? or down sides? does anyone else use it? Is it just a host or do they have their own web designers? We've got a great site from the inside, its just that it needs some extensive coding TLC which I have been struggling with so we'll see I won't leave any reasonable options off the table.

Zone, was this something that happened more recently or more in the past? I may have encountered this issue myself a few times but it would have been quite some time ago. I have however gotten complaints from some people that they had trouble registering to the site. We did some work on it awhile back that returned some kind of results. But if this is something still in effect for even some users I'll have to see that this is corrected as soon as possible as well! Anyone else who may of had trouble registering?

and in the USA by SDID.
harmless

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is -> http://bigcartel.com/tour
eighthplague

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Cartel is just bullshit-free and really basic for the most part, and it seems most of the places I order from anymore use it (save for like FPR, HHR, and Abyss).
Zone

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happened last month, the problem may have been corrected but it gave me problems for a while.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: