P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Paypal buyer protect/dispute question
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jacy Catlin

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User
Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It
does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods
received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a refund. "

Called Paypal. Guy said only thing I could do was file a dispute with squaretrade, which he said was a good service. Went to squaretrade's site:

"Monday May 12 was the last day to file a case with SquareTrade. No cases will be filed after this."

So, basically Paypal is cash in a letter. You can sell a "computer", send the guy a pencil, and as far as Paypal's concerned you got a computer.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my experience, the best way to protect yourself when using paypal is to pay using a credit card and not paypal balance and then take up the claim with your credit card company instead of paypal. I've never had much luck with paypal claims, but I've never had a problem getting money back when I contacted my credit card/bank.
Raelin

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had once a problem with Relapse a few years ago, i ordered a few LPs/Shirts but after 2 month and a few Mails i didnt received anything. I dropped PayPal a mail and 2 days later i had my money back on my PayPal Account.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacy Catlin wrote:
"Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User
Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It
does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods
received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a refund. "

Called Paypal. Guy said only thing I could do was file a dispute with squaretrade, which he said was a good service. Went to squaretrade's site:

"Monday May 12 was the last day to file a case with SquareTrade. No cases will be filed after this."

So, basically Paypal is cash in a letter. You can sell a "computer", send the guy a pencil, and as far as Paypal's concerned you got a computer.

Not that I disagree with you about paypal being unsafe, but what did you expect when ordering from India? 3rd world shitholes like that only spawn thieves, rapers and psychopaths. Serves you as lesson for trusting subhumans, sorry man.
Jacy Catlin

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter Faggott wrote:

Not that I disagree with you about paypal being unsafe, but what did you expect when ordering from India? 3rd world shitholes like that only spawn thieves, rapers and psychopaths. Serves you as lesson for trusting subhumans, sorry man.

Isn't India the birthplace of all Aryan culture?

And like I said earlier (as I expected someone would say something like this): Before this I had been ripped off exactly 0 times by people from India and Pakistan and multiple times by White people from in the USA.

Besides, if you collect Indian records (like I do) you are going to have to buy them from India 90% of the time.
CR99

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool is there anything metal too in India (doubt it but you never know)

I was never ripped off by South East Asian territories but several times from Itlian shitheads for example.

(Maybe because I don't believe those Indonesian people who write FLAMES OF HELL LP FOR SELLING!!! in size 60 all over the mail)
Jacy Catlin

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
cool is there anything metal too in India (doubt it but you never know)

http://www.metal-archives.com/browseC.php?c=99

I have not heard any of them.

I collect mostly soundtrack LPs from India. I like the strange (to my ears) sounds and cover art. Just something unusual that I don't know much about that interests me, and good for breaks from metal listening.
Shiru

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, paypal have a lot of "tricky features" as well as using it... funny thing that bank where i have my account doesnt let me use it for security reasons, so everytime when i order something from NWN i have to ask my friend(s) to pay my order, and i pay theirs (with normal bank transfers) Laughing
Jacy Catlin

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's even worse now that squaretrade isn't doing the dispute handling feature. Although the guy from paypal on the phone was thorough and seemed to be sympathetic, their position is that if it's not an eBay auction they can't examine exactly what you thought you were getting.

The Indian guy did end up returning me the $60 for the missing LP (which I still paid shipping + paypal fees on). He refused to agree that the records weren't mint.

I'm trying to remove the horrible mildew smell from the sleeves in this way:
putting in sealed bag with cedar shavings and talcum powder. Seems to be working, so if you get LPs with this problem try that.
monsterSquad

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

had you filed your claim with an ebay auction you would have got your money back. i was sent a bootleg and it was advertised as an original in the auction. i got my money back, and then sent the guy's record back to him. you just have to give paypal the tracking number for the parcel you send back.

anywya, sucks that happened to you sorry to hear that
Disconsolate

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just received a rare cd from india and all is well

it aint the country they're from that warrants suspision......... it's their mentality!!!!
Jacy Catlin

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

monsterSquad wrote:
had you filed your claim with an ebay auction you would have got your money back.

Yeah I've now learned that doing things on eBay is much safer. I contacted the guy directly to try and save a few bucks. Now obviously I wish I'd just paid eBay prices and gotten what I wanted...
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would drive me nuts to have some rotten records stored with an otherwise perfect collection.
Buying other people's stuff is never my first choice.

Maybe the only safe path is buying from another fanatical metal collector.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: