P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

how many bands do you think lie about when they formed?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mindlock



Joined: 29 Dec 2007
Posts: 154

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: how many bands do you think lie about when they formed? Reply with quote

nargaroth is the most obvious example of this, what are some other bands that have done this for 'kvlt' reasons? or any other reasons, as i'm curious to what other reasons there could be for doing this. i notice tons of bands on metal archives that have formation dates ranging as much as 10 years from the time they first released anything. what is the point? this is fucking stupid, and i think all bands that do this should be investigated and exposed in the same manner that fagoroth has.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Guest






PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take into account that some of these old bands could have been mainly live acts who never actually got around to recording a demo that went into serious circulation.
Back to top
Professor Black



Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 2117
Location: Evil Nation USA

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it doesn't matter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Voidhanger



Joined: 11 Oct 2007
Posts: 1258
Location: Kanada

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A band could tell me they formed back in 1900 and I wouldn't care so long as their music is good. If their beliefs (whether they're satanic, nazi, etc) don't matter to me, why would their alleged date of origin?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
schadel_reich



Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Posts: 846
Location: England

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voidhanger wrote:
A band could tell me they formed back in 1900 and I wouldn't care so long as their music is good. If their beliefs (whether they're satanic, nazi, etc) don't matter to me, why would their alleged date of origin?

Because the truth is serious fucking business.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tom245



Joined: 20 Jul 2007
Posts: 691

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing how people turned on formerly-trendy Nargaroth makes me think it's of extreme importance.

and Velvet Cacoon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mindlock



Joined: 29 Dec 2007
Posts: 154

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

schadel_reich wrote:
Because the truth is serious fucking business.

damn straight it is! haven't you ever heard the phrase 'if you are a false, don't entry."?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Black_Fire



Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 3691
Location: Poland

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont care when band was formed - I'm interesd when they start to paly live or relase first demo, or even when they plays first real reh's. For me, if beetwen date of form band and first demo / live is more than two years this is bullshit.
_________________
DOOM008: Rot - Kingdom of Antichrist Sodomy
DOOM010: Necrostuprum / Satanic Torment - Goetes
DOOM fuckbook
www.doomzine.bandcamp.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
karimlan



Joined: 06 Mar 2008
Posts: 253

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black_Fire wrote:
I dont care when band was formed - I'm interesd when they start to paly live or relase first demo, or even when they plays first real reh's. For me, if beetwen date of form band and first demo / live is more than two years this is bullshit.



Sometimes it happens that the core of a band will have been writing stuff for say a year or 2 before playing live or releasing anything and this can be due to not being able to find suitable members, or just not wanting to go live or record until they're satisfied with what they make.

Other situations will be that the band just lies dormant for several years and then for various reasons will be able to get something done. Vassafor is such a case.
_________________
www.exordiummors.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
2079



Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Posts: 68

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah thats true karimlan. I have at least experienced that a lot of time can pass before something is done. And a lot of crap can happend. The right people are not around, and drummers are never around etc...

One of my bands have this history:
Band formed october 2004... Started making new songs after getting close to 100% well from arm injury may 2006... May 2008 still no demo recorded and not played live... With current drummer only 3 rehersals done without amps breaking down or something else being in the way.. Drummer moved from his rented farm, no rehersal place.

But there is a difference between claiming to have played black metal like Darkthrone since 1989 and not geting shit done in 3-4 years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Black_Fire



Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 3691
Location: Poland

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so we can say the band still exist when they do playing live or recording stuff in four years ? Did they ever play a reh? Ok, so at this moment i start new band called T.N.C., first demo will be relased in october 2024 Wink
_________________
DOOM008: Rot - Kingdom of Antichrist Sodomy
DOOM010: Necrostuprum / Satanic Torment - Goetes
DOOM fuckbook
www.doomzine.bandcamp.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
karimlan



Joined: 06 Mar 2008
Posts: 253

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black_Fire wrote:
Ok, so we can say the band still exist when they do playing live or recording stuff in four years ? Did they ever play a reh? Ok, so at this moment i start new band called T.N.C., first demo will be relased in october 2024 Wink


I suppose it all depends on the intent of the people involved. On the one hand it's good to be suspicious of what people say since so many are out to be recognized based on who / what they're associated with. Sometimes this involves claiming to have played x style of music as far back as x amount of years ago.

On the other hand isn't this idea called a "band" generally 2 or more persons who create music simply because they want to? Is there a rule that the said music must be exposed to anyone else at all or by a certain date?
_________________
www.exordiummors.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
karimlan



Joined: 06 Mar 2008
Posts: 253

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2079 wrote:
Yeah thats true karimlan. I have at least experienced that a lot of time can pass before something is done. And a lot of crap can happend. The right people are not around, and drummers are never around etc...

One of my bands have this history:
Band formed october 2004... Started making new songs after getting close to 100% well from arm injury may 2006... May 2008 still no demo recorded and not played live... With current drummer only 3 rehersals done without amps breaking down or something else being in the way.. Drummer moved from his rented farm, no rehersal place.

But there is a difference between claiming to have played black metal like Darkthrone since 1989 and not geting shit done in 3-4 years.



For me it was band formed in early 2004 and was just 2 guys writing songs in my living room till about the middle of the same year when we got a fill in drummer.

Drummer and bassist came in early 2005, vocalist in mid 2005, 1st gig in mid 2006, demo in early 2007.

New rhythm section in mid 2007 and currently looking for rehearsal space. If we don't get a gig by this Oct. it will have been 2 years of having been silent on the live front.

Exactly like you say, shit happens.
_________________
www.exordiummors.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
schadel_reich



Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Posts: 846
Location: England

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mindlock wrote:
schadel_reich wrote:
Because the truth is serious fucking business.

damn straight it is! haven't you ever heard the phrase 'if you are a false, don't entry."?

A better question is who hasn't seen that phrase or heard that song.

But the thing though is that the date of formation of a band isn't really that important, as what matters to me is the music. If the music is good, I won't give a shit when the band claims to have formed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Professor Black



Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 2117
Location: Evil Nation USA

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know Gwar is not from Antarctica, right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group