P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

The Ruins of Beverast (Van/Germany)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: The Ruins of Beverast (Van/Germany) Reply with quote

I checked into ordering this 2LP of Rain Upon the Impure from The Ruins of Beverast through VAN label. 40 euro for the album, and 30 euro for shipping. $109 CDN roughly for this release.

Are you fucking kidding me ? Confused

Yosuke, maybe you are charging too little and giving too much away for free when you could also be charging say $50 for a vinyl release. Razz

I wonder how many of these actually have sold ? Personally I hope barely any of the fucking albums sell and then maybe a reasonable price will be thought of.
Those Germans must all have their own personal postal worker as well. Hand delivered mail by your very own delivery postal officer to warrant the shipping costs from that country. Laughing
Fuck... trying to regain damage costs from WW2 maybe ? Cool

The wanting vs. the need vs. reality and intelligence check. Is any album worth $100 ?
Almost enough to have made me choke. Mad
Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Ruins Of Beverast - Rain Upon The Impure

- two 12" and one 7" black vinyl
- four bonustracks
- non standard layout:
- very heavy black, embossed carton (outside)
- sealed with wax
- 12" and 7" sleeve made of black carton with cupper print (inside)
- booklet, 20 coloured pages
- poster, Din A 2
- patch, embroidered
- made in Germany (no low wage country production)
- limited to 325 handnumbered copies

Considering the package with the limitation, the price MIGHT be acceptable, but postage worldwide up to 2KG is 12 EUR and I doubt that one is over 2KG (Usually 7-8 LP´s) [/code]
Demoniarch

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is German post so high anyways ?
Nuclear Blast is expensive as well, so this is not just Van. It is some Germany problem. Brutal problem at that considering a country over which is what, an hour drive or so and the post is cheaper ?

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I order from german sellers on ebay, the shipping cost are seldom more than 6 euros or something for an lp.

I am not going to get that Ruins of Beverast album either. Its too expencive, and its predecessor are very limited as well, so I guess there is hopeless to try and get both of them. A shame really, cause its awesome music.
CR99

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 LP overseas = OK, >1 LP overseas = &%&!%$&!$%!!!!!!!!
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that kicks my ass is that not only is German postage insane, but it seems like German distros have fucking EVERYTHING I want...
huja

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
The thing that kicks my ass is that not only is German postage insane, but it seems like German distros have fucking EVERYTHING I want...

yeah, i know what you mean. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenBull wrote:
The thing that kicks my ass is that not only is German postage insane...

German postage rates are not that bad at all when I think of parcels I got from over Europe and saw what -just for example- French maniakz have to pay for shipping records.

And, Mr. Demoniarch, no offense personally, but I'm tired of all the moaning on the net about that very release and its price. I guess no one of you has seen the vinyl release of "Rain Upon the Impure" with his own eyes so far and so I'd be a bit more reserved. People on various boards tend to complain about silly gimmicks like a wax seal and sure, it's kinda useless, but acting like the price would be that high because of this... C'mon! Have a good pal who's working in advertising/printing and so I know how expensive paper/cardboard can be alone and boy-o-boy, I've never seen such a terrific appearance like this one for TRoB. Even the already stunning OFC die hards suck in comparision. Yes, the question remains if it needs an extraordinary packaging like this when it means that it becomes way to cost-intensive for the maniakz out there, but still, TRoB is a remarkable band and deserves an extravagant appearance imho.

Last edited by Guest on Tue May 13, 2008 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Ross Liew

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone post pics of the release?
VERWESUNG

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A picture of the TRoB-Shirt would be nice, too.
Price of the release however seems to be somewhat too high for my taste.
I hope to get a picture convincing me of the quality before it will be sold out.
somos morbosos con alma infernal!!

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VERWESUNG wrote:
I hope to get a picture convincing me of the quality before it will be sold out.

All shots I've seen so far weren't able to give a proper impression of the real release. Don't think that this will run out of stock soon. First of all there's the price which gets in the way of selling out fast and secondly I remember well how long it took to get rid of all the copies of "Unlock the Shrine". This record seemed to lay like a bag of cement in the shelves of the distros. N:C:U sold the last copies of the die hard only a couple of months ago.
huja

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schall und Rauch wrote:
I remember well how long it took to get rid of all the copies of "Unlock the Shrine". This record seemed to lay like a bag of cement in the shelves of the distros. N:C:U sold the last copies of the die hard only a couple of months ago.

would you by chance know of a label with unlock the shrine dlp for sale? i can't ever seem to bid high enough when it's on ebay. Mad both times i was bidding it didn't go over $35 USD.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

huja wrote:
Schall und Rauch wrote:
I remember well how long it took to get rid of all the copies of "Unlock the Shrine". This record seemed to lay like a bag of cement in the shelves of the distros. N:C:U sold the last copies of the die hard only a couple of months ago.

would you by chance know of a label with unlock the shrine dlp for sale? i can't ever seem to bid high enough when it's on ebay. Mad both times i was bidding it didn't go over $35 USD.

Nope, sorry, not off the top of my head right now. It took -as said- quite some time to sell all copies, but they seem to be gone now. Anyway, if I should come across one I'll grab it for you.
peterott

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And in Germany there is a difference between "sending registered" and "sending with assurance".

"Sending Registered" is 2 Euros on top of the postage costs, but then the parcel is only assured up to 35 Euros.

If you want to have it assured up to 500 Euros, then you pay DHL-parcel 6.90 Euro inside Germany, 32 Euros for zone 3 (US), or 37 Euros for zone 4 (Australia, South America). That is valid for parcels below 5kg. If it is heavier, then "sending assured" increases exponentially.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schall und Rauch wrote:
VERWESUNG wrote:

All shots I've seen so far weren't able to give a proper impression of the real release. Don't think that this will run out of stock soon. First of all there's the price which gets in the way of selling out fast and secondly I remember well how long it took to get rid of all the copies of "Unlock the Shrine". This record seemed to lay like a bag of cement in the shelves of the distros. N:C:U sold the last copies of the die hard only a couple of months ago.

I think this one will go faster. I think people are starting to discover this great band. Unlock the shrine was an excelent album, but rain upon the impure, is a dark magnificent masterpiece who lacks comparisment.

I said I wasnt gonna order this, but I couldnt resist.

Is the vinyl version, as low mastered as the cd?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: