P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Battlenoise book

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heirophant.326.AV

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Battlenoise book Reply with quote

ok, so I know we have a few Martial Industrial fans on here - anyone manage to get a copy of the Battlenoise book before they were pulped? Thoughts?

I found it hilarious how much the author had his knickers in a twist about Nordvagr. Really a pretty average read - could have been done so much better by someone without such a Catholic axe to grind.
getfuckedbro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think this would be interesting for someone that's not really into martial industrial music?
s.charlach

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: Battlenoise book Reply with quote

Heirophant.326.AV wrote:
Really a pretty average read

Speaking of average is still sugarcoating imho. Let me put it this way, while it's surely a financial loss for the publisher the world can only benefit from the offtake of this waste of paper.

Borrowed the book from a friend and I've never read such an incoherent load of bullocks. An annoyingly large part is nothing but sloppily researched reviews, lyrics and introduction of the bands. The pathetic rest seizes on every stupid cliché, just look at that awful cover to begin with, and I seriously doubt there was any kind of research beforehand seeing it's a mere stringing together of generalisations. I mean, just as one example, to treat the manifold varieties and their evolution going out from Throbbing Gristle in like six pages is an evidence of the author's incapacity, isn't it? Let alone the heaps of mistakes with the printed German lyrics. I could ramble on and on and on.

They should chop that guy's hands right off and display 'em the "Deathcrush"-way so that he never ever can rape paper and pencil again and everyone else is warned to do so. Evil or Very Mad
global deathrape

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read a review somewhere saying that it was all information taken from the internet (along with aforementioned claims of sloppiness) so that deterred me from buying it. I wish someone would scan it into a pdf and upload it though, since I'd still like to look through it.
Skullcrusher

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, the distribution was stoped becouse they use images, lyrics without permission from the bands. For this, the label that release this book change his name to Rage in Eden Records (Before War Office Propaganda), and some people try to ocult this failure saying false statements..

Reliable People:::13, abomination_virginborn, AntiChrist, :AJNA:, ApocalypticEmpire, INEXORABLE EXTERMINATION, Mz412, Nex Cultus, schoolslave, The Nihil Congregation, Kaos, Kathral, Kuravilu
Heirophant.326.AV

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

getfuckedbro wrote:
Do you think this would be interesting for someone that's not really into martial industrial music?

Emphatically not. The only elements which are interesting in it are matters of interpretation and emphasis which wouldn't be of interest unless you knew that scene quite well. Which really is a shame - it seems really odd to me that in a scene with so many literate and intelligent people there is almost no writing worth a damn about it.

If you want something interesting to read about this stuff, track down the RE/Search industrial culture handbook and the one they did about Throbbing Gristle and William Burroughs.
They are really old but well worth a look if you ever see them around.

I've heard good things about the book England's hidden reverse. Anyone read that one? I haven't read it, but I did think it odd that someone would write a book about Coil, current 93 and Nurse with Wound but pretend Death in June didnt exist,which a few folk who have read it mentioned.
ViaNegativa777

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this book still available anywhere to buy?
ill omen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Heirophant.326.AV"]
getfuckedbro wrote:
If you want something interesting to read about this stuff, track down the RE/Search industrial culture handbook and the one they did about Throbbing Gristle and William Burroughs.

I've heard good things about the book England's hidden reverse. Anyone read that one? I haven't read it, but I did think it odd that someone would write a book about Coil, current 93 and Nurse with Wound but pretend Death in June didnt exist,which a few folk who have read it mentioned.

cosigned on the re/search titles listed above. as far as england's hidden reverse, i actually think it is one of the more well-written books about music (although I have not read it cover to cover). it is very difficult to find for a reasonable price these days. i bought one from a friend for a decent price. there are many references to death in june, but i think the author just chose to focus on c93, nww, and coil, all of which, in my opnion, are far more important and diverse projects than di6. it may also be that douglass did not want to be involved in the book. anyway, that scene went fairly deep so you have to draw the line somewhere and i think the three bands chosen worked well. and like i said it is a really well writeen well researched book and worht reading if you ahve any interest in that scene.
Mz412

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short Story behind Hidden Reverse:

The Book Author worked with David Tibet and Tibet doesn't want Douglas and Di6 / Friends too much into the Book (nearly to Nothing). So the Book is really One Sidet. Sadly, since its nice written
The Chainsaw Demons MC
Abigail Live Grind Freaks MC

Black Bunker Blog
weaklingone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="ill omen"]
Heirophant.326.AV wrote:
getfuckedbro wrote:

cosigned on the re/search titles listed above. as far as england's hidden reverse, i actually think it is one of the more well-written books about music (although I have not read it cover to cover). it is very difficult to find for a reasonable price these days. i bought one from a friend for a decent price. there are many references to death in june, but i think the author just chose to focus on c93, nww, and coil, all of which, in my opnion, are far more important and diverse projects than di6. it may also be that douglass did not want to be involved in the book. anyway, that scene went fairly deep so you have to draw the line somewhere and i think the three bands chosen worked well. and like i said it is a really well writeen well researched book and worht reading if you ahve any interest in that scene.

Yeah, I have been trying to track this down, but as you said it's really hard to find for a decent price. It's on Amazon for $100.00 (I believe), so I guess I will have to keep searching for it. Glad to hear that it's well written, I didn't know about the Di6 stuff, but I'm sad to hear that as I love Di6. Either way, I would be more than happy to read an entire book on C93 and Coil (not that familiar with NTW).

Anyhow, if anyone has any suggestions for how to find this, please share them. I will be moving the UK this coming September, so I am hoping to roll through Rough Trade and stock up on England's Hidden Reverse stuff that is way overpriced here in the US.
Wants/Trades: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=275935#275935
Good Traders: Golden Bull, Jalmym203, Kakarot SS5 (Sale), Mangled Torsos (Sale), bc, blashyrkh66, Hobophobic (Multiple), dangerass, thevampirictyrant
Heirophant.326.AV

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was an interview with the Author in Zero Tolerance about 6 months ago, and he mentions that it will be re-printed in paperback sometime in 2012.
:AJNA:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Battlenoise. Reply with quote

Ave.

I still have a copy for sale/trade. Managed to get 10 from the publisher before a few people raised a fuss. Not a great book, but an interesting artifact if you've interested in the bands included.

If interested send an email to ajna at theajnaoffensive dot com instead of sending a pm.

In time...
ViaNegativa777

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViaNegativa777 wrote:
Is this book still available anywhere to buy?

answering my own question..... seems there are some on Amazon.co.uk...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: