P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Satanic Powerlifting
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SplatteredRemnants

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Satanic Powerlifting Reply with quote

Why is it that when people mention the sport of powerlifting amongst the war metal/black metal crowd, everyone quickly jumps to point out Blasphemy but absolutely nobody ever talks about Jim Wendler, creator of 5/3/1 strength program and one of the most respected guys in powerlifting?

(Jim in the Von shirt at MDF)

captainretardo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Satanic Powerlifting will be in the Olympics by 2016. And Satanic Ping-Pong.
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, heard of 5/3/1 but didn't know much about it, had no idea the creator was into metal. I did Max OT for a while which seems similar on some principles.

I've actually met a few bonafide metalheads at various gyms throughout the years. Probably because most of my lifting shirts tend to be old and beatup metal shirts that have now been rendered sleeveless, heh.
SplatteredRemnants

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallen_Empire wrote:
Cool, heard of 5/3/1 but didn't know much about it, had no idea the creator was into metal. I did Max OT for a while which seems similar on some principles.

I've actually met a few bonafide metalheads at various gyms throughout the years. Probably because most of my lifting shirts tend to be old and beatup metal shirts that have now been rendered sleeveless, heh.

5/3/1 is probably the best strength routine I've ever done. Very simplistic and highly effective, never been stronger.

I actually saw Wendler in attendance at Maryland Deathfest 2009 and 2010. Josh Barnett was also at MDF 2009 lol.
SplatteredRemnants

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

captainretardo wrote:
Hopefully Satanic Powerlifting will be in the Olympics by 2016. And Satanic Ping-Pong.

Yes, they don't use chalk it's just melted corpsepaint.
ADB

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still waiting for full contact NS dreidel spinning!
Descension

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Satanic Powerlifting Reply with quote

SplatteredRemnants wrote:
Why is it that when people mention the sport of powerlifting amongst the war metal/black metal crowd, everyone quickly jumps to point out Blasphemy but absolutely nobody ever talks about Jim Wendler, creator of 5/3/1 strength program and one of the most respected guys in powerlifting?

Killer shot.

If more losers in metal actually powerlifted and/or exercised, they wouldn't be losers.
SplatteredRemnants

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Satanic Powerlifting Reply with quote

Descension wrote:

Killer shot.

If more losers in metal actually powerlifted and/or exercised, they wouldn't be losers.

Exactly. So much for the frail, skinny, nerdy kid in black metal stereotype Laughing
Fallen_Empire

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually saw Wendler in attendance at Maryland Deathfest 2009 and 2010. Josh Barnett was also at MDF 2009 lol.

I was at both of those, probably saw them but had no idea who they were heh. I never paid much attention to the celebrities of all that, just did my research and went to the gym. I know who Mark Rippetoe is but I think that's it hahaha
weaklingone

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADB wrote:

Laughing amazing
Wants/Trades: http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=275935#275935
Good Traders: Golden Bull, Jalmym203, Kakarot SS5 (Sale), Mangled Torsos (Sale), bc, blashyrkh66, Hobophobic (Multiple), dangerass, thevampirictyrant
SplatteredRemnants

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallen_Empire wrote:

I was at both of those, probably saw them but had no idea who they were heh. I never paid much attention to the celebrities of all that, just did my research and went to the gym. I know who Mark Rippetoe is but I think that's it hahaha

Haha, I never knew Wendler was into metal before that. This metal thing, it sure makes the world smaller sometimes.

As for Rippetoe and Starting Strength, that routine is way too excessive, at least for me. 5/3/1 is simplistic enough and allows enough time for recovery that the gains come much more steadily.
ArnusProfanus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know Konnan liked Von.
frostjunkie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADB wrote:

Hilarious mental image Laughing
Doom-Mantia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bullet belts and grenades are heavy so if youre gonna wear all that you need the body to hold it up during a show.
AmaLurra

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TN: Jim, some days I freaking hate training. I hate talking about it, thinking about it, and more than anything I hate arguing about it. Can you relate?

Jim Wendler wrote:
JW: I've been on a mission the last few years to get back to the roots of training; to get back to when training was fun, simple, and most importantly, free of the fluff and crap that has polluted MY WORLD.

When training was about strength, about moving weight, and moving bodies. About being proud of an added rep or 10 more pounds. Where performance and kicking ass are more important than how you look. Where people eat to live, not live to eat. Where trucks are pushed and sleds are pulled. Where reps and weight are counted, calories are not. Where running isn't "cardio, it's part of training and if you're going to walk for your conditioning you best have something on your back or in your hands.

With that in mind, here's a list of some simple rules that we follow:

Squats are walked out.

Lift-offs are not given on the bench press.

If you're going to overhead press, it will be done standing.

No straps unless you are hurt or doing a hang variation of a lift.

You don't debate about organic/non-organic, or about milk.

Squats are done with a barbell on your back; this is assumed and are not called "Back Squats." You don't say you're gong to take a "standing piss" do you?

No need for music or training partners or "the right atmosphere" to train hard.

There are no 8-week plans, rather yearlong goals and decade long achievements.

All you need is a rack, barbell, platform and some weights.

You realize stretching doesn't make you slow or non-explosive.

You realize physical strength can develop mental and spiritual strength.

You never fall for gimmicks; principles last forever.

Now there are quite a few more of these, but you get the picture. The point is this: training has become over run with people telling US how we need to think, how we need to train, and what is acceptable. That is like me telling Fenriz what black metal is: I don't get to decide it, he does.

So in sticking with the reference, there are two kinds of "hardcore" people out there. There are Metallica people and Darkthrone people. Metallica people are fine, but don't come into my Darkthrone world and tell me what is Raw or what is strong or how I need to eat. Don't bring your gimmicky elements onto my platform. And please, don't try to sell us on how hardcore you are or how dedicated to strength you are. Your lifts and your silence do more talking than your Internet chatter and bravado.

Here's a real-world example: Not long after my last meet, I was hit with some criticism over some things that were absolutely ridiculous. I was informed of this several days later from a friend of mine and was stunned. Then I realized that in the last few days since the meet was over, I had traveled over 2000 miles with my son, lifted twice, and ran 50 hills.

So you can choose do you side with Metallica or are you Darkthrone?

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/blood_amp_chalk_vol_7_jim_wendler_talks_big_weights
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: