P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Which clones are the shittiest?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which band's clones are the most irritating?
Blasphemy/Bestial/War/etc
39%
 39%  [ 104 ]
Darkthrone/General Norsk ripoffs
36%
 36%  [ 96 ]
Incantation/Dark US DM
3%
 3%  [ 10 ]
Swedeath/Entombed ripoffs
19%
 19%  [ 51 ]
Total Votes : 261

Carlzilla

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it depends on what you're looking for. I don't need originality in EVERY band I listen to. I just like certain sounds, so I'm happy to hear bands play that style, regardless of the how much of a "clone" they happen to be.

And now we have fags complaining about other fags. A "fagoboros" if you will.

http://www.last.fm/user/carlzilla
dalecooper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

navght wrote:

Or butthurt faggots on metal forums.

What am I butt-hurt about again? I just thought it was funny that the reason given for Darkclones being not so bad was that they are somehow based in "reality." It's metal - escapism is part of the package.

I think it's about time many of you admit that mostly this comes down to personal preferences that you can barely justify or explain. If you prefer corpse-painted guys wandering the woods with swords over guys with bullet belts and gas masks, it's probable that there is actually not much difference between them whatsoever, and you're just choosing the aesthetic that appeals to you more. Both of them are just dudes wearing silly costumes and playing music they like. If one strikes you as inherently dumber than the other, I really have no idea why; to me it all seems equally dumb. And equally awesome.

Last edited by dalecooper on Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:56 am; edited 2 times in total
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlzilla wrote:
I'd actually like to know which "Blasphemy clones" are bad? I don't think I've heard any that are actually bad. I've heard some that are completely uninspired, or that I don't really like as much as some others, but I don't think I've ever heard a bad one.

In my opinion , that's precisely what makes them bad. This style of music depends so much on energy and explosiveness that sounding uninspired completely ruins it.
navght

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proclamation is a well known Blasphemy worship band, called clone by someone, and Proclamation are excellent. This thread would not have been made if all clones were terrible like Morbosidad for example.
Carlzilla

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
Carlzilla wrote:
I'd actually like to know which "Blasphemy clones" are bad? I don't think I've heard any that are actually bad. I've heard some that are completely uninspired, or that I don't really like as much as some others, but I don't think I've ever heard a bad one.

In my opinion , that's precisely what makes them bad. This style of music depends so much on energy and explosiveness that sounding uninspired completely ruins it.

I just mean uninspired as in totally unoriginal. They aren't inspired to do anything with the genre expect what's already been done. I've never heard a Blasphemy clone with no energy or aggression, though I'd sort of be interested in hearing a "limp" Blasphemy clone just for shits and giggles.

Carlzilla

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

navght wrote:
Proclamation is a well known Blasphemy worship band, called clone by someone, and Proclamation are excellent. This thread would not have been made if all clones were terrible like Morbosidad for example.

To me Proclamation and Blasphemy sound totally different. Same style, different sounds. They're great though.

BreedingtheSpawn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

harmless wrote:
I chose the Norsecore-clones because afaicr they've been around the longest and for every good darkclone there's been at least twenty bad ones.

+1

We are finally free from gods or men who claim to be.

Last edited by BreedingtheSpawn on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Doom-Mantia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easily Swedish death and Norwegian influenced stuff (orthodox included). The other two genres are my two favorites along with funeral death/doom. The blasphemy/incantation influenced bands will never be as big number wise or in a commercial sense compared to what the other two have spawned, and currently have the most exciting black/death bands going for their styles. I don't check out every goatfago band (especially if it seems like their names/titles come from a bestial word generator and have no thought behind it) but bands like Proclamation, Revenge, Black Witchery, and Blasphemophaeger are top notch and have their own style apart from just having the old guard as influences and hopefully are remembered as cult bands themselves.
Carlzilla

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best are all the "nonwegian" bands. Band that hail from places like Brazil but attempt to play "true norwegian black metal".

BreedingtheSpawn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

minge-eater wrote:
My vote goes to anyone with kvlt in there band or user name

Laughing

We are finally free from gods or men who claim to be.
Doom-Mantia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlzilla wrote:
The best are all the "nonwegian" bands. Band that hail from places like Brazil but attempt to play "true norwegian black metal".

They're just trying to cool off and play some cold black metal.

Not pertaining to the four in the poll, but theres all the Suffocation/Cryptopsy brutal tech slam bands, goregrind Carcass worship, a flood of new powerviolence/crust bands, retro thrash/deathrash, and new doom/heavy metal to also think about. there's good and bad in it all..except Brutal tech death. Shits gay bros.
Carlzilla

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doom-Mantia wrote:
Carlzilla wrote:

They're just trying to cool off and play some cold black metal.

Not pertaining to the four in the poll, but theres all the Suffocation/Cryptopsy brutal tech slam bands, goregrind Carcass worship, a flood of new powerviolence/crust bands, retro thrash/deathrash, and new doom/heavy metal to also think about. there's good and bad in it all..except Brutal tech death. Shits gay bros.

new PV/Crust is also COMPLETELY void of anything worth listening to.

Doom-Mantia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's once in a blue moon I find a crust band I really enjoy out of nowhere, but I also don't keep up with it hardly at all to be honest. Usually one of the grindfreaks in Houston where the shits big fills me in on stuff. Loosely including grind in all this, but Knelt Rote impressed me when Yosuke first posted about them. As does death grind that's not Mortician-like and is a perfect balance
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny, most people picked the genre of music they like the least, but to me the worst clones are of my favorite bands. It gives me more crap to sift through. Blasphemy, Swedeath, Darkclones...none of these really bug me because I'm not inclined to pick up very many of the same bands in that style. In fact I'd say Blasphemy, Conqueror, Entombed, Dismember, and Darkthrone take care of all of my needs (of course I like more bands in those categories but not enough to make the process of hunting good albums into a difficult ordeal). That means I don't really care about those genre clones anymore.

But I'm always on the hunt for more horrific, dark death metal in my favorite style. Hence those clones are the biggest pain in my ass.
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Suit yourself. I'd rather listen to several shitty Darkthrone clone releases rather than going though a whole Morbosidad album.

Truest thing said in this entire thread.

MY TRADELIST/WANTLIST:
http://nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21928
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: