P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Which clones are the shittiest?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which band's clones are the most irritating?
Blasphemy/Bestial/War/etc
39%
 39%  [ 104 ]
Darkthrone/General Norsk ripoffs
36%
 36%  [ 96 ]
Incantation/Dark US DM
4%
 4%  [ 12 ]
Swedeath/Entombed ripoffs
19%
 19%  [ 51 ]
Total Votes : 263

navght

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least most of those Darkthrone clones focus on reality... forests, hatred, darkness, cold winds and Satan exists. However, their music like Harmless mentioned... the dominant amount of new clones are disgraceful, unoriginal shit. The other way, the Sadomatic bulletbelt of the thermonuclear alcoholic & cumvomited patch westfago bands aren't doing anything else than making Black Metal more embarrassing than it has become already over the years with those vomiting goats (even though the Beherit worshipping band Goatvomit is good band) and the titles you see around.

Carlzilla

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it's a tie between the band Swedish death metal clones of recent times (I didn't like Dismember the first time around, and it doesn't sound any better when played by second rate hacks) and the shitty "Norwegian" black metal rip-offs.

And now we have fags complaining about other fags. A "fagoboros" if you will.

http://www.last.fm/user/carlzilla
Carlzilla

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

navght wrote:
At least most of those Darkthrone clones focus on reality... forests, hatred, darkness, cold winds and Satan exists. However, their music like Harmless mentioned... the dominant amount of new clones are disgraceful, unoriginal shit. The other way, the Sadomatic bulletbelt of the thermonuclear alcoholic & cumvomited patch westfago bands aren't doing anything else than making Black Metal more embarrassing than it has become already over the years with those vomiting goats (even though the Beherit worshipping band Goatvomit is good band) and the titles you see around.

I don't know, grown men in makeup prancing around in the forest with medieval weaponry is far more embarrassing and faggy than dudes in bullet bullets raging about Satan, perverse acts of fucking, and booze. Besides, you admit yourself that black metal has becoming embarrassing over the years, and how do you think that happened? My guess is all the shitty Darkclones and their forest makeup faggotry...

Wolfsturm888

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blasphemy-clones are the worst. They are the most trendy currently, see here...
dalecooper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

navght wrote:
At least most of those Darkthrone clones focus on reality...

Yeah, nothing is more real than guys from the US or South America titling songs in broken German and singing about ancient castles set in Scandinavian climes and landscapes. I think more of these Darkclones needs to relocate their music - less castles and wintry forests, more Wal-Marts and 90-degree Augusts.
N.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted Darkclones, that style seems the most redundant to me these days, of course some bands inspired by Darkthrone are very good, but way too many unoriginal bands copy it.

I almost voted for Swedeath bands, but I really haven't paid much attention to those kind of bands. I do like Dismember, Gorement, Grave, Entombed, etc. but I just haven't been interested in bands that play in that vein.

But what if we go back even further? Everyone is influenced/inspired by other music they've heard, I guess it's just a matter if the band creates their own original music with inspiration and doesn't completely copy someone else.

- E. M. Cioran
navght

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlzilla wrote:
navght wrote:

I don't know, grown men in makeup prancing around in the forest with medieval weaponry is far more embarrassing and faggy than dudes in bullet bullets raging about Satan, perverse acts of fucking, and booze. Besides, you admit yourself that black metal has becoming embarrassing over the years, and how do you think that happened? My guess is all the shitty Darkclones and their forest makeup faggotry...

Suit yourself. I'd rather listen to several shitty Darkthrone clone releases rather than going though a whole Morbosidad album. As a matter of fact, I avoid shitty music, and especially shitty Black Metal. Here are two examples of what we're talking about... one of the bands is excellent, the other one is just stupid.

dalecooper wrote:
navght wrote:
At least most of those Darkthrone clones focus on reality...

Yeah, nothing is more real than guys from the US or South America titling songs in broken German and singing about ancient castles set in Scandinavian climes and landscapes. I think more of these Darkclones needs to relocate their music - less castles and wintry forests, more Wal-Marts and 90-degree Augusts.

Or butthurt faggots on metal forums.

WarInvocator wrote:
The majority of black/death clones are actually pretty good, compared to the darkclone bands.

I agree with you on that. Many excellent Black/Death bands, and NWN is the label supporting the best of them.

Last edited by navght on Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:38 am; edited 3 times in total
WarInvocator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My vote was for the darkclones. They have to outnumber the goatfago clone at least 10-1. And to the people voting for the black/death clones, which forum do you think you're in? This is NuclearWarNow! The majority of bands on this label are black/death influenced. The majority of black/death clones are actually pretty good, compared to the darkclone bands.
Under Command

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musically, I don't know, I hate them all. But as for the attitudes, I would say Bestial War Black Death, just because they want to be kvlter than the kvltthrones and in the end it's just pathetic.

Thanks for letting me unleash my daily hatred on your thread Twisted Evil
Carlzilla

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

navght wrote:
one of the bands is excellent, the other one is just stupid.

Yeah, Sadomator fucking rules.

Under Command

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WarInvocator wrote:
My vote was for the darkclones. They have to outnumber the goatfago clone at least 10-1. And to the people voting for the black/death clones, which forum do you think you're in? This is NuclearWarNow! The majority of bands on this label are black/death influenced. The majority of black/death clones are actually pretty good, compared to the darkclone bands.

inspiration and cloning is not the same thing. most of the clone bands don't even really love what they clone, they just do it to try to be cool I think. The first quality of a band is integrity and then you feel that they are not a stupid clone band without personnality, even if they are heavily influenced by X or Y band.
Carlzilla

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd actually like to know which "Blasphemy clones" are bad? I don't think I've heard any that are actually bad. I've heard some that are completely uninspired, or that I don't really like as much as some others, but I don't think I've ever heard a bad one.

I.T.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

almost all clones are shit. whatever they play.
torn-soul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All.

Flesh, eyes, tongue, hands fly in the air... his shadow appears, death is a moment away!

Under Command

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I.T. wrote:
almost all clones are shit. whatever they play.

qft
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: