P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Which clones are the shittiest?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which band's clones are the most irritating?
Blasphemy/Bestial/War/etc
39%
 39%  [ 104 ]
Darkthrone/General Norsk ripoffs
36%
 36%  [ 96 ]
Incantation/Dark US DM
4%
 4%  [ 12 ]
Swedeath/Entombed ripoffs
19%
 19%  [ 51 ]
Total Votes : 263

Author Message
grindmonkeyagain



Joined: 19 Feb 2011
Posts: 1061
Location: Ohio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do people constantly bag on those who don't attend. I rarely can, lay off.
_________________
my records
my experimental project and netlabel
good traders/buyers/sellers: Jalmym203, spinefreeze, Doom-Mantia
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VnholyCvntz



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 1652

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grindmonkeyagain wrote:
Why do people constantly bag on those who don't attend. I rarely can, lay off.


Shows?
I don't go to many either since a lot of bands that play around here suck, and not to mention shitty local bands.

It's more about their attitude, and how they act high and mighty for not listening to Slipknot and Megadeth anymore, yet when bands like Incantation or Vomitor (you know UG bands worth supporting) are in town only about 10 people show up. None of the kvltfago or trve-UG kids are anywhere in site.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wasteland



Joined: 07 Jun 2009
Posts: 579

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orpheus wrote:
Any poorly composed hybrid/crossover crap can go fuck itself. Practically every single "folk metal" band consists of retarded drinking song rhythms, lame as fuck "metal riffs" (the same fucking riff) and some "flute breakdown".

If it were a food, it would be like trying to combine elements of japanese food and central european cooking with the end result of having raw fish in a strudel.


Spot on on all counts.
_________________
holy ghost wrote:
"as of 11th December 2012, black metal is for queers"


morg wrote:
Fuck is end!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eigenbrötler



Joined: 07 Oct 2011
Posts: 125

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primitive wrote:
What's up with people calling war metal a trend? I have never in my life seen a bunch of high schooler kids walking around with blasphemy and conqueror shirts... never in my life. I have however seen a bunch of poser high schoolers with darkthrone/emporer/immortal shirts on.



Huh, you've never ran across that cunt from Fresno that doesn't know jack shit about metal, but is "hella bestial"? It's trendy as fuck. Watch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Necrosathanas



Joined: 03 Jan 2011
Posts: 712
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention, I hate most of the retro-thrash bullshit.

Tyranex and Antichrist from Sweden are at least good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
VnholyCvntz



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 1652

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eigenbrötler wrote:
Primitive wrote:
What's up with people calling war metal a trend? I have never in my life seen a bunch of high schooler kids walking around with blasphemy and conqueror shirts... never in my life. I have however seen a bunch of poser high schoolers with darkthrone/emporer/immortal shirts on.



Huh, you've never ran across that cunt from Fresno that doesn't know jack shit about metal, but is "hella bestial"? It's trendy as fuck. Watch



Gangsta rap and War Metal thuggin'
Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Primitive



Joined: 11 Sep 2011
Posts: 335
Location: San Jose, CA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eigenbrötler wrote:
Primitive wrote:
What's up with people calling war metal a trend? I have never in my life seen a bunch of high schooler kids walking around with blasphemy and conqueror shirts... never in my life. I have however seen a bunch of poser high schoolers with darkthrone/emporer/immortal shirts on.



Huh, you've never ran across that cunt from Fresno that doesn't know jack shit about metal, but is "hella bestial"? It's trendy as fuck. Watch


With the internet, posers will get into everything. Every genre and sub-genre's bound to have at least a few retards, fakes, and wannabe's who try to be into it. But as the wind blows them towards the next shiny object's direction, that's where they'll move on to, and people like me will still be right here. Never met the kid as far as I know, but that's just one retard from fresno. The internet also makes things appear larger than they are, if you get 10 people on one site it looks bigger then it is, because in reality those ten people may be scattered all over the country, or the world even. I don't put much investment in the internet.
_________________
"We must secure the extinction of the human race and apocalyptic future for all children" - 14 words.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AphoticCatechism



Joined: 20 Dec 2012
Posts: 93

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primitive wrote:
I don't put much investment in the internet.

Yeah, I hear this whole "Internet" thing is going to blow over soon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CrucifixionWounds



Joined: 02 Oct 2009
Posts: 1027

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a sucker for Darkthrone ripoffs Embarassed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scentofdeath



Joined: 14 Aug 2011
Posts: 741

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are people so stuck up on who's following who?
If the "original bands" don't deliver anymore I'll gladly listen to the "worship band" if they do a good job and makes killer albums.

See Father Befouled vs. later era Incantation (although I enjoyed the last Incantation)... just an example.
Same goes for Judas Iscariot, picked up on the best of Darkthrone style and carried it on while Darkthrone degenerated into that punk joke. Thanks but I'll take Judas Iscariot anytime over that.

Of course there's an ocean of worthless "clones" but are they really worth a thread?
_________________
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Flight-Of-Sleipnir/267879219900772
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NK7
banned


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 1340
Location: Beograd, Srbija

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scentofdeath wrote:

Same goes for Judas Iscariot, picked up on the best of Darkthrone style and carried it on while Darkthrone degenerated into that punk joke. Thanks but I'll take Judas Iscariot anytime over that.

The point is, his darkthrone "worship" is sterile, talentless and ultimately useless. Get the Sacrilegium and Abissyc Hate demotapes if you need some decent old DT rip off. I'm all for good clones, the problem with those norse copycats is that they only clone the original low-fi sound and forget to add interesting riffs/music in the process.
_________________
Permabanned
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scentofdeath



Joined: 14 Aug 2011
Posts: 741

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="NK7"]
scentofdeath wrote:

The point is, his darkthrone "worship" is sterile, talentless and ultimately useless. Get the Sacrilegium and Abissyc Hate demotapes if you need some decent old DT rip off. I'm all for good clones, the problem with those norse copycats is that they only clone the original low-fi sound and forget to add interesting riffs/music in the process.


Depends, I like the more simple, stripped down sound. It's more sure shot.
Sometimes the adding interesting stuff is tricky and doomed to fail.
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out.
_________________
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Flight-Of-Sleipnir/267879219900772
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Holocaust



Joined: 15 Sep 2009
Posts: 2070
Location: America

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="scentofdeath"]
NK7 wrote:
scentofdeath wrote:

The point is, his darkthrone "worship" is sterile, talentless and ultimately useless. Get the Sacrilegium and Abissyc Hate demotapes if you need some decent old DT rip off. I'm all for good clones, the problem with those norse copycats is that they only clone the original low-fi sound and forget to add interesting riffs/music in the process.


Depends, I like the more simple, stripped down sound. It's more sure shot.
Sometimes the adding interesting stuff is tricky and doomed to fail.
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out.


Abyssic Hate is great.(not spelled Abissyc.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nileppez



Joined: 30 Nov 2012
Posts: 722
Location: Poland

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Life is a pain in the neck" is favourite Abyssic Hate release, as stupid as the title sounds. With Sacrliegium I like Wicher PL and split (one amazing track "Tam Gdzie Gaśnie Dzień"), although it's far from being traditional black metal, let alone Darkthrone worship.

Orpheus wrote:
Any poorly composed hybrid/crossover crap can go fuck itself. Practically every single "folk metal" band consists of retarded drinking song rhythms, lame as fuck "metal riffs" (the same fucking riff) and some "flute breakdown".

If it were a food, it would be like trying to combine elements of japanese food and central european cooking with the end result of having raw fish in a strudel.


Yeah, you have no clue what you're talking about.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NK7
banned


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 1340
Location: Beograd, Srbija

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nileppez wrote:
With Sacrliegium I like Wicher PL and split (one amazing track "Tam Gdzie Gaśnie Dzień"), although it's far from being traditional black metal, let alone Darkthrone worship.

I clearly stated I was referring to the "Sleeptime" demo which is pure crushing Darkthrone sound from start to finish. You need to check those youtube links of yours once again.

nileppez wrote:
Yeah, you have no clue what you're talking about.

Ironically that applies to your posts too.
_________________
Permabanned
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group