P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Which clones are the shittiest?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which band's clones are the most irritating?
Blasphemy/Bestial/War/etc
39%
 39%  [ 104 ]
Darkthrone/General Norsk ripoffs
36%
 36%  [ 96 ]
Incantation/Dark US DM
4%
 4%  [ 12 ]
Swedeath/Entombed ripoffs
19%
 19%  [ 51 ]
Total Votes : 263

grindmonkeyagain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do people constantly bag on those who don't attend. I rarely can, lay off.
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grindmonkeyagain wrote:
Why do people constantly bag on those who don't attend. I rarely can, lay off.

Shows?
I don't go to many either since a lot of bands that play around here suck, and not to mention shitty local bands.

It's more about their attitude, and how they act high and mighty for not listening to Slipknot and Megadeth anymore, yet when bands like Incantation or Vomitor (you know UG bands worth supporting) are in town only about 10 people show up. None of the kvltfago or trve-UG kids are anywhere in site.
wasteland

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orpheus wrote:
Any poorly composed hybrid/crossover crap can go fuck itself. Practically every single "folk metal" band consists of retarded drinking song rhythms, lame as fuck "metal riffs" (the same fucking riff) and some "flute breakdown".

If it were a food, it would be like trying to combine elements of japanese food and central european cooking with the end result of having raw fish in a strudel.

Spot on on all counts.

morg wrote:
Fuck is end!
Eigenbrötler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primitive wrote:
What's up with people calling war metal a trend? I have never in my life seen a bunch of high schooler kids walking around with blasphemy and conqueror shirts... never in my life. I have however seen a bunch of poser high schoolers with darkthrone/emporer/immortal shirts on.

Huh, you've never ran across that cunt from Fresno that doesn't know jack shit about metal, but is "hella bestial"? It's trendy as fuck. Watch
Necrosathanas

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention, I hate most of the retro-thrash bullshit.

Tyranex and Antichrist from Sweden are at least good.
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eigenbrötler wrote:
Primitive wrote:
What's up with people calling war metal a trend? I have never in my life seen a bunch of high schooler kids walking around with blasphemy and conqueror shirts... never in my life. I have however seen a bunch of poser high schoolers with darkthrone/emporer/immortal shirts on.

Huh, you've never ran across that cunt from Fresno that doesn't know jack shit about metal, but is "hella bestial"? It's trendy as fuck. Watch

Gangsta rap and War Metal thuggin'
Rolling Eyes
Primitive

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eigenbrötler wrote:
Primitive wrote:

With the internet, posers will get into everything. Every genre and sub-genre's bound to have at least a few retards, fakes, and wannabe's who try to be into it. But as the wind blows them towards the next shiny object's direction, that's where they'll move on to, and people like me will still be right here. Never met the kid as far as I know, but that's just one retard from fresno. The internet also makes things appear larger than they are, if you get 10 people on one site it looks bigger then it is, because in reality those ten people may be scattered all over the country, or the world even. I don't put much investment in the internet.
AphoticCatechism

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Primitive wrote:
I don't put much investment in the internet.

Yeah, I hear this whole "Internet" thing is going to blow over soon.
CrucifixionWounds

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a sucker for Darkthrone ripoffs Embarassed
scentofdeath

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are people so stuck up on who's following who?
If the "original bands" don't deliver anymore I'll gladly listen to the "worship band" if they do a good job and makes killer albums.

See Father Befouled vs. later era Incantation (although I enjoyed the last Incantation)... just an example.
Same goes for Judas Iscariot, picked up on the best of Darkthrone style and carried it on while Darkthrone degenerated into that punk joke. Thanks but I'll take Judas Iscariot anytime over that.

Of course there's an ocean of worthless "clones" but are they really worth a thread?
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scentofdeath wrote:

Same goes for Judas Iscariot, picked up on the best of Darkthrone style and carried it on while Darkthrone degenerated into that punk joke. Thanks but I'll take Judas Iscariot anytime over that.

The point is, his darkthrone "worship" is sterile, talentless and ultimately useless. Get the Sacrilegium and Abissyc Hate demotapes if you need some decent old DT rip off. I'm all for good clones, the problem with those norse copycats is that they only clone the original low-fi sound and forget to add interesting riffs/music in the process.
scentofdeath

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="NK7"]
scentofdeath wrote:

The point is, his darkthrone "worship" is sterile, talentless and ultimately useless. Get the Sacrilegium and Abissyc Hate demotapes if you need some decent old DT rip off. I'm all for good clones, the problem with those norse copycats is that they only clone the original low-fi sound and forget to add interesting riffs/music in the process.

Depends, I like the more simple, stripped down sound. It's more sure shot.
Sometimes the adding interesting stuff is tricky and doomed to fail.
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out.
Holocaust

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="scentofdeath"]
NK7 wrote:
scentofdeath wrote:

Depends, I like the more simple, stripped down sound. It's more sure shot.
Sometimes the adding interesting stuff is tricky and doomed to fail.
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out.

Abyssic Hate is great.(not spelled Abissyc.)
nileppez

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Life is a pain in the neck" is favourite Abyssic Hate release, as stupid as the title sounds. With Sacrliegium I like Wicher PL and split (one amazing track "Tam Gdzie Gaśnie Dzień"), although it's far from being traditional black metal, let alone Darkthrone worship.

Orpheus wrote:
Any poorly composed hybrid/crossover crap can go fuck itself. Practically every single "folk metal" band consists of retarded drinking song rhythms, lame as fuck "metal riffs" (the same fucking riff) and some "flute breakdown".

If it were a food, it would be like trying to combine elements of japanese food and central european cooking with the end result of having raw fish in a strudel.

Yeah, you have no clue what you're talking about.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nileppez wrote:
With Sacrliegium I like Wicher PL and split (one amazing track "Tam Gdzie Gaśnie Dzień"), although it's far from being traditional black metal, let alone Darkthrone worship.

I clearly stated I was referring to the "Sleeptime" demo which is pure crushing Darkthrone sound from start to finish. You need to check those youtube links of yours once again.

nileppez wrote:
Yeah, you have no clue what you're talking about.

Ironically that applies to your posts too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

Jump to: