P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Abramelin 3CD / 5LP anthology
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
samsquanch



Joined: 16 Nov 2010
Posts: 716

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Abramelin 3CD / 5LP anthology Reply with quote

Already got a mention on the Massacra thread, but deserves its own. VERY much looking forward to this.

http://www.centurymedia.com/newsdetailed.aspx?IdNews=13324&IdCompany=3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mendicant



Joined: 22 Mar 2011
Posts: 587
Location: Canberra, Australia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuck yeah I'm keen for that
_________________
www.mendicantmusic.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sunnportal



Joined: 18 Mar 2010
Posts: 1931
Location: Merredin, Western Australia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read about this on Facebook. Excellent news. The early material is fantastic.
_________________
"If noise means uncomfortable sound. Then pop is noise to me" - Masami Akita.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
samsquanch



Joined: 16 Nov 2010
Posts: 716

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the Acheron stuff is great. Still got the 7" but my copy of 'Eternal Suffering' ended up on ebay many moons ago.

What I am looking forward to is the Abramelin s/t debut. The 'Transgression From Acheron' EP always felt like something was lacking..... tinny drum sound? But fuck me that album is great. At times feels like a mix of 'Utopia Banished' and perhaps 'Dawn Of Possession'?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aaattaack



Joined: 08 Jun 2010
Posts: 237
Location: brrrrhh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

their complete disco for 15 bucks? A dream comes true.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deathevocation



Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 901

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best part is from memory they came from Montmorency & Greensborough.

S/T album is classic death metal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
samsquanch



Joined: 16 Nov 2010
Posts: 716

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Between Acheron and Disembowelment members originating from Montmorency, Greensborough and Thomastown, I am waiting for someone to write a book on Northern Suburbs Death Metal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jv



Joined: 28 Mar 2013
Posts: 738

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsquanch wrote:
Yeah, the Acheron stuff is great. Still got the 7" but my copy of 'Eternal Suffering' ended up on ebay many moons ago.

What I am looking forward to is the Abramelin s/t debut. The 'Transgression From Acheron' EP always felt like something was lacking..... tinny drum sound? But fuck me that album is great. At times feels like a mix of 'Utopia Banished' and perhaps 'Dawn Of Possession'?


I actually much prefer the EP to the s/t.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deathevocation



Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 901

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsquanch wrote:
Between Acheron and Disembowelment members originating from Montmorency, Greensborough and Thomastown, I am waiting for someone to write a book on Northern Suburbs Death Metal.


I can write the chaper on CC Records.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blood and Thunder



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 1274
Location: Melbourne

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathevocation wrote:
Best part is from memory they came from Montmorency & Greensborough.

S/T album is classic death metal.


ha ha not places I ever expected to see discussed on this forum. Tim went to the same high school as I did for a year or two.
_________________
Ashes to ashes
Dust to dust
If god won't help me
Then the devil must...

http://www.blackmetalrevolution.com/preview.html
http://www.blackmetalrevolution.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/bmrevolution
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
gabalgabow



Joined: 14 Mar 2009
Posts: 714
Location: France

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Century media - The shameless cash-grabbing campaign continues.

Curious to see their next musical "change" in a couple of years...
_________________
NIHILISTIC HOLOCAUST: Death metal webzine/ Distro/ DIY Label:
http://site.voila.fr/NIHILISTIC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sunnportal



Joined: 18 Mar 2010
Posts: 1931
Location: Merredin, Western Australia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gabalgabow wrote:
Century media - The shameless cash-grabbing campaign continues.

Curious to see their next musical "change" in a couple of years...


This is material in need of a reissue. I'm glad it's happening.
_________________
"If noise means uncomfortable sound. Then pop is noise to me" - Masami Akita.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
gabalgabow



Joined: 14 Mar 2009
Posts: 714
Location: France

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunnportal wrote:
gabalgabow wrote:
Century media - The shameless cash-grabbing campaign continues.

Curious to see their next musical "change" in a couple of years...


This is material in need of a reissue. I'm glad it's happening.


This would be much better if this job wasn't taken care of by shameless speculators and money makers...

What if Microsoft or Apple decided to rerelease old school death? Would be the same for me...
_________________
NIHILISTIC HOLOCAUST: Death metal webzine/ Distro/ DIY Label:
http://site.voila.fr/NIHILISTIC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lukcifer



Joined: 14 Sep 2007
Posts: 205
Location: Somewhere in Time

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well their releases of classic materiel have been of good quality weather it's the Asphyx DLP's from a few years back, the Hellhammer demos or the Morbid compilation so I'm glad that CM are doing this as well as the Treblinka and Massacra releases.

I'm not persuaded that these bands are well know enough to be considered purely money making ventures anyways and it's more then likely that there are a few people within the company who are truly fans of these bands who have pushed for these releases to take place.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gabalgabow



Joined: 14 Mar 2009
Posts: 714
Location: France

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lukcifer wrote:

I'm not persuaded that these bands are well know enough to be considered purely money making ventures anyways and it's more then likely that there are a few people within the company who are truly fans of these bands who have pushed for these releases to take place.


The owners of the company, who probably don't give a fuck (Anymore?) about old school death, simply employed a few peoples to hunt for new flesh / make the job correctly... This is a way to make their business seem "true".

You buy an Iphone through Apple, you buy old school death through Century media. No difference, or almost.

Eventhough Relapse have also been a huge cash grabbing machine, they also released old school death (More or less) 10 years ago when it wasn't trendy at all... So at least they keep a little of "sincerity" (Not sure of the english word)

By the way, in the current metal scene, what sells more than old school metal? Deathcore? I'm not sure at all...
_________________
NIHILISTIC HOLOCAUST: Death metal webzine/ Distro/ DIY Label:
http://site.voila.fr/NIHILISTIC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group