P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

BELIAL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boogs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"3" definitely came as a surprise but after all Belial is just one of many Finnish bands that underwent the Xysma syndrome. Listen to latter day material by Convulse, Disgrace, Mythos, Necrobiosis, Lubricant etc. The material is actually pretty good but those rabid style changes in the mid 90's became an old hat fairly quickly.
As for this record, yeah the live material is crap but that goes for pretty much every live recording from that time. The demo as bonus would have been nicer but you can't have everything. Concerning the artwork, the updated version is definitely a step up from the pretty horrible CD art, imo.
galgenstrang

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maniact666 wrote:
but the question is WHY they don't used the original Artwork??? No template from the Band? No want for it? Or what? Nevertheless Ive bought that LP cause i want it on Vinyl. The Original was CD only. The Label should explain that. Cause its our money.

We shall explain because it's your money??
Open your eyes before you buy a record next time and you'll see what the artwork looks like - if you don't like it, then pass on it.
No need to call us a "shitty label" - both CD and LP turned out great and even though the sound-quality of the live-tracks is not too good, they still are a nice bonus to the "Wisdom"-material giving an idea of the underground-spirit of the early nineties.

Anyway...
Reima asked if we could do a new artwork for the re-releases, so we did - the band liked it, so we used it.
That's the secret behind the artwork.
Is that okay for you?

Oh, and many thanks to everybody that wrote positive words regarding the Belial-re-releases - we also still think that Belial were a great band and that it was necessary to bring their stuff back on CD and LP!
dalecooper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I greatly appreciate the "Wisdom" reissue, thanks for doing it. I don't have much use for the live tracks either, but you know, it took all of a couple mouse clicks to remove them from my iTunes library. Other people will want to hear them and I don't have a problem with that. I hope you don't take the bitching here to heart - this forum has unfortunately become infested with people complaining about things so trivial that it's hard to comprehend how they even have the energy to do it.

For me your best work so far is the Necromass reissues - totally underappreciated band. Keep up the good work.
maniact666

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

galgenstrang wrote:
maniact666 wrote:
but the question is WHY they don't used the original Artwork??? No template from the Band? No want for it? Or what? Nevertheless Ive bought that LP cause i want it on Vinyl. The Original was CD only. The Label should explain that. Cause its our money.

We shall explain because it's your money??
Open your eyes before you buy a record next time and you'll see what the artwork looks like - if you don't like it, then pass on it.
No need to call us a "shitty label" - both CD and LP turned out great and even though the sound-quality of the live-tracks is not too good, they still are a nice bonus to the "Wisdom"-material giving an idea of the underground-spirit of the early nineties.

Anyway...
Reima asked if we could do a new artwork for the re-releases, so we did - the band liked it, so we used it.
That's the secret behind the artwork.
Is that okay for you?

Oh, and many thanks to everybody that wrote positive words regarding the Belial-re-releases - we also still think that Belial were a great band and that it was necessary to bring their stuff back on CD and LP!

many thanks to all that are against shitty live tracks. you are not the only Label that put shit on Vinyl. must be forbidden. end of discussion
galgenstrang

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
I greatly appreciate the "Wisdom" reissue, thanks for doing it. I don't have much use for the live tracks either, but you know, it took all of a couple mouse clicks to remove them from my iTunes library. Other people will want to hear them and I don't have a problem with that. I hope you don't take the bitching here to heart - this forum has unfortunately become infested with people complaining about things so trivial that it's hard to comprehend how they even have the energy to do it.

For me your best work so far is the Necromass reissues - totally underappreciated band. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the appreciation!!

No, we really don't take that bitching to heart at all - there are always a handful of crybabies that complain about trivial things.
Maybe they simply have too much spare time... Very Happy
GoldenBull

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOD is one of the best reissues I've gotten in recent years. It has been a constant player on my turntable ever since I got it. Highest praise. It was a much needed release! One of the best Finnish recordings.
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to listen to these live tracks later today in honor of the NWN Bitches Brigade.
Descension

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This reminds me, where can I get the LP still? Only have the CD. Seems HHR no longer has it.
galgenstrang

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Descension wrote:
This reminds me, where can I get the LP still? Only have the CD. Seems HHR no longer has it.

We have just sent HHR a bunch of the last available copies - I think they'll list them soon...
Descension

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

galgenstrang wrote:
Descension wrote:

We have just sent HHR a bunch of the last available copies - I think they'll list them soon...

Killer. Thnxxx for the reply.
HotBlack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dalecooper wrote:
- this forum has unfortunately become infested with people complaining about things so trivial that it's hard to comprehend how they even have the energy to do it.

Dodens Grav wrote:
I am going to listen to these live tracks later today in honor of the NWN Bitches Brigade.

qft haha....
LifeDepraved

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Descension wrote:
galgenstrang wrote:
Descension wrote:

Killer. Thnxxx for the reply.

They are there now.

Good Sellers/Buyers/Traders: In Solitude, metalbrain, IIIRD GATEKEEPER, Mangled Torsos, Kakarot SS5, S(2), Schoolslave, Heksekult, Hobophobic(2), IXTAB.
Conservationist
banned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I'm looking forward to hearing these live tracks. If nothing else for curiosity but also, live BELIAL... what I wish I'd been doing on lonely nights in 1992.
Violent_Scimitar

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracklist for the CD reissue of "Wisdom..." is a mess, can anyone confirm this is correct and I got the bonustracks right?

1-7: WoD
8: Lost Souls/Rise of Hecate/Hypocrisy of the God's Sons
9: You
10: Voices Beyond
11: The Invocation
12: On You
13: Voices Beyond
14: The Invocation/Deceased/Shreds/Voices Beyond (reh.)
(this track 14 is the same reh. session on the Day of Darkness Part 2 boot, just indexed as one track and in better quality.)
multicide

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of repressing more tshirts?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: