P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Order From Chaos "An Ending in Fire" LP Out Now
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Order From Chaos "An Ending in Fire" LP Out Now Reply with quote

Gatefold jacket front cover.

Die hard version slip case with foil stamp.

Die Hard version spread.

Few bands in metal have had so profound an effect on their listeners as Order From Chaos. Though they received only a fraction of the attention to which they were rightfully entitled during their short-lived existence, those who have the capacity to recognize the inherent superiority of their music have been worshipping OFC ever since. “An Ending in Fire” represents the culmination of OFC’s output and is quite simply one of the most ambitious albums ever constructed. The stylistic complexity of A.E.I.F. coupled with the flawless execution of the performance has ensured that it will retain its monumental status in the annals of metal history for decades to come. When A.E.I.F. was recorded in 1995, OFC were at the apex of their art and saw this elaborate album as the pinnacle of their work. As a result, believing they had extended OFC to its fullest capacity, they chose to go their separate ways with Chuck Keller moving on to establish Vulpecula and later forming Ares Kingdom with OFC drummer Mike Miller while Pete Helmkamp pursued more technical and brutal elements with Angelcorpse and Revenge. Even now, however, some 13 years later, this album remains unsurpassed. So ahead of their time were OFC that only now are many in the metal underground coming to realize their majesty. OFC captures in their music the perfect union of power, honor, intelligence, and technical proficiency. Playing a style that blends elements of death metal, black metal, thrash, and perhaps even more disparate influences, OFC concocted a sound that has yet to be duplicated. Lyrically, OFC combine subtle and intelligent language with an impressive knowledge of philosophy, history, and science to weave together an intricate landscape of apocalyptic visions. The effect of OFC’s lyrical content was never as pronounced as it was on A.E.I.F. which demonstrates what is arguably both Chuck Keller’s and Pete Helmkamp’s most accomplished lyrical output. Conceptually, A.E.I.F. should not be construed as 9 distinct tracks. Rather, the album is comprised of only three pieces of music. The first of these, “Conqueror of Fear”, is a magnum opus unto itself. Written as a five part cycle, this song represents the ultimate realization OFC’s songwriting. “Conqueror of Fear” takes some of the most brilliant lyrical passages by Helmkamp and places them upon a densely layered yet highly controlled wall of turbulent and destructive riffs with the frenetic intensity of the music being driven in large measure by Miller’s devastatingly precise drumming. The next piece on the album is the 12 minute Chuck Keller epic, “There Lies Your Lord, Father of Victories.” Finally, the album ends with the three-part “Somnium Helios.” This song, also composed by Keller, describes the final cycle of life and the earth itself as our sun cools to a point at which it is no longer sufficient to sustain life before finally expanding to subsume our dead planet. Keller uses this eloquent narrative of the celestial fate of our sun and earth in an attempt to demolish any ill-conceived and naïve notions of eternal life that weak and foolish men may entertain. With this climactic end, OFC was finished. A.E.I.F., though recorded in 1995, would not be released until three years later and then only on CD. Now, after 10 years, NWN! has had bestowed upon it the tremendous honor of releasing this masterpiece on vinyl for the first time. This deluxe vinyl edition was realized through the cooperation and input of all of the original members and thus represents the first collaborative effort by the complete OFC lineup since its dissolution. By J. Erebus

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Last edited by NWN PROD on Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:36 am; edited 4 times in total
RS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Excellent news.
Demonomancy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when do you expect Stillbirth machine ?
IronBloodBlasphemy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Look forward to having this killer!!!
rauta

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demonomancy666 wrote:
when do you expect Stillbirth machine ?

My thoughts exactly. Going to get the die hard version of both in case they come on regular vinyl (not pic disc, that is).
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stillbirth Machine LPs are supposd to come in next week.

Goab

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

considering this high profile when it comes to releases, I'm spending as much money on postage as on the records themselves since the "first come first serve is the law" policy and the hunger for the die hards is gonna force me to make multiple orders in just a matter of days. You know: Witchfinder General, both OFC albums... Buff!
ennemi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same here
what a sad world huh?
huja

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, support the US economy! i'm curious to see how these turned out. i hope they don't get sold out by the time i get off work tonight.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least your currency is worth 1.5 times that of ours. Suck it up and deal with the reality. Just imagine us Americans orders from Europe.

Last edited by NWN PROD on Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
monsterSquad

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by monsterSquad on Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
illomen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seriously. i cant even afford to order at all from overseas right now. if you can even afford to order from NWN! and you arent in the U.S. you should be grateful. the U.S. dollar is worthless right now.
ennemi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
At least our currency is worth 1.5 times that of ours. Suck it up and deal with the reality. Just imagine us Americans orders from Europe.

just give me a kleenex please
Goab

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
At least our currency is worth 1.5 times that of ours. Suck it up and deal with the reality. Just imagine us Americans orders from Europe.

We alredy went through that when our old currencies were weaker than Us dollars
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: