P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

LIFELOVER Pulver-Erotik-Dekadence tapes soon to be released!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
IPR666



Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Posts: 917

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject: LIFELOVER Pulver-Erotik-Dekadence tapes soon to be released! Reply with quote

Three LIFELOVER albums soon to be released on pro cassettes. Limited to 100 copies each and comes with woven patch. Approx release/shipping date: December 1st.

Pre order your copy here: http://ipr666.bigcartel.com/

For more details visit: https://www.facebook.com/ipr666 or contact via email: infernaprofundusrecs@gmail.com


_________________
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ipr666
Bigcartel Shop: http://ipr666.bigcartel.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kvltivation



Joined: 20 May 2015
Posts: 27

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might grab that Dekadence tape, I like the patch. This reminds me, pulver needs a vinyl re-release.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Crasse



Joined: 27 Nov 2014
Posts: 1361

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

High prices, horrible patches.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kvltivation



Joined: 20 May 2015
Posts: 27

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crasse wrote:
High prices, horrible patches.


Kind of my feelings, as well. Not crazy about any of the patches tbh. Plus it comes out to almost $20 usd after shipping. For just one tape and a patch, might have to hold off.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wolfram



Joined: 17 Jun 2007
Posts: 3846

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No idea if Osmose is a label that says 'you want to print 100 tapes of this? Send 5 to me and 5 to the band and we're fine'.
If they actually ask royalties for a few fucking tapes that might explain the prices.

Plus, sometimes people don't understand that printing pro-tapes in such small editions is up to 3 times more expensive than doing a CD.
_________________
www.new-era-productions.nl
http://new-era-productions.nl/shop
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rthdx



Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 2138
Location: Korolev, Russia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfram wrote:
No idea if Osmose is a label that says 'you want to print 100 tapes of this? Send 5 to me and 5 to the band and we're fine'.
If they actually ask royalties for a few fucking tapes that might explain the prices.

Plus, sometimes people don't understand that printing pro-tapes in such small editions is up to 3 times more expensive than doing a CD.

You're absolutely right. But, the real question is: what can be gayer to imagine than to buy the licenses from major/"major" labels to be able to manufacture some tapes of bands with a "name" in order to soap-bubble the (non-existing) "importance" of your useless label? Wink Laughing
_________________
Kiss My Coffin!
bandcamp
bigcartel
youtube
discogs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Wolfram



Joined: 17 Jun 2007
Posts: 3846

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The owner found a niche I think
_________________
www.new-era-productions.nl
http://new-era-productions.nl/shop
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rthdx



Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 2138
Location: Korolev, Russia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfram wrote:
The owner found a niche I think

Without any doubt. Laughing


_________________
Kiss My Coffin!
bandcamp
bigcartel
youtube
discogs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Crasse



Joined: 27 Nov 2014
Posts: 1361

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfram wrote:
Plus, sometimes people don't understand that printing pro-tapes in such small editions is up to 3 times more expensive than doing a CD.


The label that released two (pro-)tapes for me (both editions of 100 copies) gave me 20 copies each time and we both sold them for 3 and 3,5...
I find that is a normal price, not 7 for a single tape.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rthdx



Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 2138
Location: Korolev, Russia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crasse wrote:
The label that released two (pro-)tapes for me (both editions of 100 copies) gave me 20 copies each time and we both sold them for 3 and 3,5...
I find that is a normal price, not 7 for a single tape.

Ehhr, man, you're probably into UG band released by UG label, so what you tell is normal. But here the situation is that some useless fag is approaching more or less "big" label(s) to buy license for releasing tape(s) of the band(s) which most likely would piss in his mouth if he get in touch with them directly. Laughing So all that complex way to "pedestal of belonging" is making the final price, which is, actually, quite natural due to above-mentioned moments. Wink
_________________
Kiss My Coffin!
bandcamp
bigcartel
youtube
discogs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Crasse



Joined: 27 Nov 2014
Posts: 1361

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rthdx wrote:
Crasse wrote:
The label that released two (pro-)tapes for me (both editions of 100 copies) gave me 20 copies each time and we both sold them for 3 and 3,5...
I find that is a normal price, not 7 for a single tape.

Ehhr, man, you're probably into UG band released by UG label, so what you tell is normal. But here the situation is that some useless fag is approaching more or less "big" label(s) to buy license for releasing tape(s) of the band(s) which most likely would piss in his mouth if he get in touch with them directly. Laughing So all that complex way to "pedestal of belonging" is making the final price, which is, actually, quite natural due to above-mentioned moments. Wink

True, didn't think about the license thing...
I would prefer to not release anything than sell my stuff that expensive (if I had a label).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
baobao



Joined: 01 Mar 2009
Posts: 327

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfram wrote:
No idea if Osmose is a label that says 'you want to print 100 tapes of this? Send 5 to me and 5 to the band and we're fine'.
If they actually ask royalties for a few fucking tapes that might explain the prices.

Plus, sometimes people don't understand that printing pro-tapes in such small editions is up to 3 times more expensive than doing a CD.


This, manufacture tape in small edition is very expensive these days...
_________________
Bandcamp: https://psychedeliclotusorder.bandcamp.com/music
Online Store: http://goatowarex.storenvy.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cesarcold



Joined: 02 Jun 2014
Posts: 115
Location: BCN

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tape manufacturing is not so expensive (depends on the factory, of course) , but even if you are able to get the tapes done for a couple of euros, sometimes the band ask for a big amount of tapes ( some bands have asked me for 35% of the copies),add shipping costs, promo copies, and all, each tape may cost you at least 3. I try to keep tape price on 4 but I'm running a 0 profit label.
_________________
http://www.hexedcemetery.eu
http://www.facebook.com/CesarColdIllustration
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
baobao



Joined: 01 Mar 2009
Posts: 327

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cesarcold wrote:
Tape manufacturing is not so expensive (depends on the factory, of course) , but even if you are able to get the tapes done for a couple of euros, sometimes the band ask for a big amount of tapes ( some bands have asked me for 35% of the copies),add shipping costs, promo copies, and all, each tape may cost you at least 3. I try to keep tape price on 4 but I'm running a 0 profit label.


Yes.

I also want to add, all these calculations are based on the assumption that you CAN sold all copies through retail in reasonable time, which you know it's impossible unless you release uber kult band, but if that's the case, people won't complain about the price no matter how much you charge.

In order to make my label (a little bit more)sustainable, I normally set out certain percentatge of copies that I expect to be dead stock for at least couple of years, the cost of that portion I have to divide into the copies that I expect to be sold within 1-2 years.

Don't call me jew, I still can't break even for most of my releases...
_________________
Bandcamp: https://psychedeliclotusorder.bandcamp.com/music
Online Store: http://goatowarex.storenvy.com/


Last edited by baobao on Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rthdx



Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 2138
Location: Korolev, Russia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems the thread is getting slightly derailed. Twisted Evil I have no problems if someone sells anything for whatever ridiculous price, if there are idiots who are ready to pay - only envious may bitch about that. No-one is forcing you to buy anything. It's more or less wild capitalism all around. Cool But in this very case the queer methods of building the label "roster" are very funny to mock about. Very Happy
_________________
Kiss My Coffin!
bandcamp
bigcartel
youtube
discogs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group