P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Necros Christos to headline HOD same weekend of NWN III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackGoat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cacique wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:
I don't blame the promoters of the HoD fest. They have the right to do whatever they want. However it is probably better for them if they set it up a weekend after so they can take advantage of a LOT of people traveling to Germany for NWN III. I bet a significant number of non-Europeans would want to attend both fests on one trip.

About bands playing other gigs, I made it clear to all bands that they can NOT play other gigs or fests on the same trip unless they pay for their own flights to germany.

Yes, I mean its very stupid from their side to set up a fest the very same week of NWN Fest, most people will rather NWN than HOD, so at the end, It will be bad for oganizers

Shows what you know... NECROS CHRISTOS are a completely bizarre and out of style band for HAMMER OF DOOM, they mostly cater to the traditional Metal crowd who wouldn't be dragged dead to a Nuclear War Now festival. There are some people who might overlap, sure but I hardly think it'll be a problem for either and certainly not for the HOD people.

As for the SABBAT issue, Oliver (the organiser) simply stated the fact and he paid airfare for many bands under equal conditions so I'm sure he understands the matter but you know how people on message boards are. They like to get riled up about stuff they don't like and fully understand.
Cacique

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Elite wrote:
Cacique wrote:

Yes, I mean its very stupid from their side to set up a fest the very same week of NWN Fest, most people will rather NWN than HOD, so at the end, It will be bad for oganizers

You prove yourself time and time again to be one of the most stupid people on this board.

I bet you are...
Cacique

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackGoat wrote:
Cacique wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:
I don't blame the promoters of the HoD fest. They have the right to do whatever they want. However it is probably better for them if they set it up a weekend after so they can take advantage of a LOT of people traveling to Germany for NWN III. I bet a significant number of non-Europeans would want to attend both fests on one trip.

About bands playing other gigs, I made it clear to all bands that they can NOT play other gigs or fests on the same trip unless they pay for their own flights to germany.

Shows what you know... NECROS CHRISTOS are a completely bizarre and out of style band for HAMMER OF DOOM, they mostly cater to the traditional Metal crowd who wouldn't be dragged dead to a Nuclear War Now festival. There are some people who might overlap, sure but I hardly think it'll be a problem for either and certainly not for the HOD people.

As for the SABBAT issue, Oliver (the organiser) simply stated the fact and he paid airfare for many bands under equal conditions so I'm sure he understands the matter but you know how people on message boards are. They like to get riled up about stuff they don't like and fully understand.

Well, at the end I don't care I just mean, would be nice for people to be able to see both, Necros and NWN Fest, that's all!!
BlackGoat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cacique wrote:
Well, at the end I don't care I just mean, would be nice for people to be able to see both, Necros and NWN Fest, that's all!!

True, true Smile I was just pointing out that the overlap in potential crowd is rather miniscule as far as I can tell.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are plenty of people who listen to both extreme black/death and traditional metal. There's probably more of a crossover fanbase at my fest than HOD. That's why I said it would be beneficial for HOD if it was a different weekend. I bet a lot of NWN fest attendees would travel to HOD the following weekend.

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

AWB666

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
it is probably better for them if they set it up a weekend after so they can take advantage of a LOT of people traveling to Germany for NWN III. I bet a significant number of non-Europeans would want to attend both fests on one trip.

This. Even though I'm not exactly part of the audience that would normally attend something like HoD. Travelling to Germany this November, I'd gladly take advantage if HoD was to take place a weekend before or after NWN III and plan my trip accordingly. -Especially with Necros Christos on the HoD bill.
AveryFamiliarStranger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
There are plenty of people who listen to both extreme black/death and traditional metal. There's probably more of a crossover fanbase at my fest than HOD. That's why I said it would be beneficial for HOD if it was a different weekend. I bet a lot of NWN fest attendees would travel to HOD the following weekend.

I listen to both black-death & still traditional metal and I would go to both festivals taking on count that i don't go that often to Germany.
Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AveryFamiliarStranger wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:

I listen to both black-death & still traditional metal and I would go to both festivals taking on count that i don't go that often to Germany.

Of course many of the NWN visitors would attend an event like HOD, but the other way round definitely not. The usual KIT / HOD Audience wouldn´t blast any BLASPHEMOPHAGER at home. BlackGoat already mentioned that NECROS CHRISTOS would be hard to handle for their normal visitors... So I agree with Yosuke that HOD would only benefit from NWN visitors attending their event if they do it a week later/earlier.
AveryFamiliarStranger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nocturnal Deathstrike wrote:
AveryFamiliarStranger wrote:
NWN PROD wrote:

Of course many of the NWN visitors would attend an event like HOD, but the other way round definitely not. The usual KIT / HOD Audience wouldn´t blast any BLASPHEMOPHAGER at home. BlackGoat already mentioned that NECROS CHRISTOS would be hard to handle for their normal visitors... So I agree with Yosuke that HOD would only benefit from NWN visitors attending their event if they do it a week later/earlier.

I believe HoD are on time to re-schedule their fest since they have barely announced 2 or 3 bands and no venue is confirmed yet. Not is the case of NWN that the full festival was confirmed in all its glory from many weeks now.
Brooklyn Bastard 666

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who are some of the other bands on the HOD festival this year?
I have never heard of this fest, so I take it there generally no BM or BM bands?
AveryFamiliarStranger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooklyn Bastard 666 wrote:
I have never heard of this fest, so I take it there generally no BM or BM bands?

Usually Doom-stoner-epic-metal bands. The only bands confirmed yet are Necros Christos (not their usual style) Coven 13 and Ross the boss.

Looks like last year's was their 6th event:

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/69048482/Hammer+of+Doom+VI+329419_2434208015909_127294532.jpg[/img]
The Exorcist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooklyn Bastard 666 wrote:

The full name is Hammer Of Doom Wink
So no BM so far, Asphyx did a special Doom set last year. But in general speaking there will be NO Death/Black/Thrash Metal bands. It is from the same guys who organize the Keep It True.

But in general: I don't get the point in this discussion. Necros Christos do not play that often in Germany. But look at Blasphemy and Sabbat. When do you get a real chance to see them not only in Germany but in Europe in general?
I don't want to bitch upon Necros Christos which I really admire. And indeed they play not that often in Germany. But to agree with forementioned arguments: The obvious attenders of both have vast differences.
Brooklyn Bastard 666

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info.

Why are NC even on a show like this?
Oh well.
BlackGoat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I agree with Yosuke that HOD would only benefit from NWN visitors attending their event if they do it a week later/earlier.

Seriously, do you really think the average HOD goer would even WANT the people who come to an NWN festival in "their" fest ? I think not even though for someone like myself it'd be rather funny to see them squirm.
Saevus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackGoat wrote:
So I agree with Yosuke that HOD would only benefit from NWN visitors attending their event if they do it a week later/earlier.

Seriously, do you really think the average HOD goer would even WANT the people who come to an NWN festival in "their" fest ? I think not even though for someone like myself it'd be rather funny to see them squirm.

The question is if the promoters would want the attendants of the NWN fest to come to their festival as well. If the attendants have a problem rubbing elbows with people wearing Blasphemy shirts and Revenge patches then it's their silly, silly problem.

I don't see a lot of that though. Even at shows like Defenders of the Old here, where the music is way more traditional heavy metal oriented, the crowd is a pretty good mix. I don't know if there's some anti-extreme metal circle of metalheads in Germany or something though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: