P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Tragedy US tour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holy ghost

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First two HHIG records rule though amirite?
DTP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn skippy...HHIG were w/o a doubt one of thee crucial 90s hc bands whose impact is still being felt, along w/ Crossed Out, Uranus and (sadly) Spazz haha

Black Winds was supposed to sign on my girlfriend tits, but we hadn't have a pen with us.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
damn skippy...HHIG were w/o a doubt one of thee crucial 90s hc bands whose impact is still being felt, along w/ Crossed Out, Uranus and (sadly) Spazz haha

I really like all of those bands, although not so much into much hardcore anymore, and my current frame of reference to the current scene is nil, but I would have thought Spazz were somewhat "dated" by now... or am I wrong

Question
cdan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tragedy is decent live for sure but they don't hold a candle to HHIG, one of the best bands I have ever seen.
DTP

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdan: me too!

HxGx: i completely agree about SPAZZ being dated, toomuch goofiness and inside jokes kinda killed their impact for me, and i still love STIKKY and PISSED HAPPY CHILDREN, lol

Black Winds was supposed to sign on my girlfriend tits, but we hadn't have a pen with us.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
HxGx: i completely agree about SPAZZ being dated, toomuch goofiness and inside jokes kinda killed their impact for me, and i still love STIKKY and PISSED HAPPY CHILDREN, lol

Don't get me wrong, I REALLY liked them as a teenager, mainly because they were fast as shit, apolitical and not crusty punks Very Happy
ryan_the_snake

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles Bronson is still pretty influential I would say, for better or worse. More so than Spazz. Crossed Out has to take the cake though. I don't really listen to HC much anymore but I constantly see 7"s in the "new arrivals" bin at record stores that I look at and say to myself, "yep, another Crossed Out clone..."
holy ghost

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought Cryptic Slaughters Convicted LP in a used bin for 5 dollars after Spazz covered them

That was a good call Shocked

I own the entire Spazz discography including the original Dwarf Jester Rising LP and all the EPs Embarassed
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HHIG will probably just reunite eventually, a lot of punks have been demanding this for the past couple years, so its only a matter of time they might decide to go back to that.

Definitely love all the old west coast powerviolence bands. Spazz, infest, Despise You, Crossed Out, etc. I don't really want them to come back though, and as for Crossed Out clones, well Scapegoat is from Boston so i get to enjoy so nice crossed out worship all the time.
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JESUS CHRIST THIS BAND FUCKING SUCKS.

*edit* that was a knee jerk reaction, hahaha. seriously though, pure shit for the watered down "crusty"
lordoftherim

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only good thing about this band if the fact dude runs Feral Ward. label output/distro FAR exceeds the quality of this band.
xyosefx

Location: We lived among the people. I think you say "convenience store." We lived above it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper's Grave wrote:
HHIG will probably just reunite eventually, a lot of punks have been demanding this for the past couple years, so its only a matter of time they might decide to go back to that.

There's no way that's going to happen... I don't think Carl even talks to the other guys these days.

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.

Fallen Portrait Prod wrote:
Delete this forum or you WILL hear from my lawyer.
Speerhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper's Grave wrote:

Definitely love all the old west coast powerviolence bands. Spazz, infest, Despise You, Crossed Out, etc. I don't really want them to come back though, and as for Crossed Out clones, well Scapegoat is from Boston so i get to enjoy so nice crossed out worship all the time.

Despise You reformed a couple of years ago...and have been pretty underwhelming since. Hatred Surge kind of picked up where they originally left off.

Not sure what this has to do with anything anyway, HHIG were never powerviolence.
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speerhead wrote:
Reaper's Grave wrote:

Despise You reformed a couple of years ago...and have been pretty underwhelming since. Hatred Surge kind of picked up where they originally left off.

Not sure what this has to do with anything anyway, HHIG were never powerviolence.

I saw them when they came to the east coast and played with magrudergrind, they're still pretty great live. I don't know much about their material since the reunion in too much detail.

I though i had heard that HHIG did have potential to reform somewhere at some point if they wanted to, so i assumed they still talked to Carl, but rumors on the internet are generally misleading so who knows what's what? It's another band i don't care if they come back or stay dead.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw HHiG just before the Plot Sickens LP came out, they were pretty good... much better than Tragedy who got all pissy when the guy from They Live lit his face on fire. We get it man, fire is dangerous
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: