P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Demo Authenticity
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WerewolfPromotion

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, i don't realy understand the issue with type of cassette when it is demo (not pro-tape). It is obvious they were always dubbed on random available tapes, what can be shown in this Emperor letter. So since discussing about demo covers is natural, then about tape type is unnecessary in my opinion. Example - i still have at my hands over 50x original Graveland - Epilogue covers, i received from Rob Darken around 5 years ago. It is 1993 editionn from Witching Hour. From beginning it was released only as cover + dubbed tape, and always was dubbed on random various cassettes. So now, since i have never used covers from over 20 years ago, received directly from the band, and i dub it nowadays on current cassette, not 20 years ago on old tape, it is not authenticity? I don't think so. I think same goes with other demo, when it was released as original cover + dubbed tape, the matter of authenticity is rather cover, not dubbed cassette which can be totally random.
mighty_amorphis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WerewolfPromotion wrote:
Damn, i don't realy understand the issue with type of cassette when it is demo (not pro-tape). It is obvious they were always dubbed on random available tapes, what can be shown in this Emperor letter. So since discussing about demo covers is natural, then about tape type is unnecessary in my opinion. Example - i still have at my hands over 50x original Graveland - Epilogue covers, i received from Rob Darken around 5 years ago. It is 1993 editionn from Witching Hour. From beginning it was released only as cover + dubbed tape, and always was dubbed on random various cassettes. So now, since i have never used covers from over 20 years ago, received directly from the band, and i dub it nowadays on current cassette, not 20 years ago on old tape, it is not authenticity? I don't think so. I think same goes with other demo, when it was released as original cover + dubbed tape, the matter of authenticity is rather cover, not dubbed cassette which can be totally random.

If the original demo came on a random cassette without any markings/stickers/writing, then yes, you are right. Although, I tend to think about recently dubbed copies with original inserts as not originals, but it is debatable.
abbottur

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mighty_amorphis wrote:
WerewolfPromotion wrote:

If the original demo came on a random cassette without any markings/stickers/writing, then yes, you are right. Although, I tend to think about recently dubbed copies with original inserts as not originals, but it is debatable.

Agreed on both accounts. Ive got a bunch of covers and a master cd for a Communion demo and Barbaric Vengeance by Denouncement pyre that I never got around to doing anything with. If I did anything with them now they could be questioned as dodgy so theyre still sitting in the cupboard somewhere.

Last edited by abbottur on Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wolfsturm888

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mighty_amorphis wrote:
WerewolfPromotion wrote:

Me too. Original release to me means released at that time. If, f.ex., a band uses spare covers of an LP for a second press ten years after it´s initial release, is it the same "original" ? I think not. Concerning demos, sometimes tape-brands are "important", especially when people sell so called original demos from 92 - 95 dubbed on tapes from 2000 or later.
In general i think the source is the most important; never trust Ebay - bootleggers!
Mz412

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't pay too much for it and there won't any Problem. This whole idiotism started, when some Idiots thought they must pay insane Amoungs cause they wanna have little Penis Enlargement with some KVLT Demos. You got any kind of Demo fucking cheap before Black Metal went to Ebay and there were no Problem about "Bootlegs" cause nobody cares about, who dubbet the Tape. Maybe we should now make it much better and ask for proofs WHO dubbet the Tapes. Only original when Euronymus dubbed it and so on, would be funny Laughing

So much old Label/Distro Inlays flowing around, i would be happy to get what i need for normal prices and not for KVLTism and Penis Enlargement...
Hørus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hørus wrote:

Other tape, anybody knows something about that :

?

Bad quality dub of the blue tape bootelg, or just a quickly made bootleg ?

2014 list (Seth, SFE, Satanic Warmaster, Blut Aus Nord, Sunn O))), Shining, Celestia, Mz.412, Hellfest, ...) : http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=814863#814863
eighthplague

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this girl who keeps getting taken for tons of cash on obvious bootlegs because she doesn't bother to do -ANY- research into whether or not they are originals. Nothing to really add here, I just needed to vent. People are morons. Laughing
D.Aggressor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asking about a Mysticum tape, a compilation containing the 2 demos, released in 1995 by Infortunium prod.

Do they come in black tapes? What about the paper of the cover?

An example:

http://www.metal-archives.com/images/1/4/3/6/143698.jpg
OldLadyDriver

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my Mysticum tape with black/white cover and TDK tape, ordered it in 1996..
D.Aggressor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks like a bootleg...
s.charlach

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D.Aggressor wrote:
This looks like a bootleg...

The picture is far too blurry to tell anything about the authenticity of the tape. I got rid of the majority of my original demo tapes during the last years but I remember well that the Infortunium tape releases I owned, bought right from the label back then, all came dubbed on the same distinctive type of black studio tape indeed. I'll check my harddrive if I can still find pictures of it. The j-card of "Wintermass" was cut just like pictured, with the leftmost panel missing.
Hørus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2014 list (Seth, SFE, Satanic Warmaster, Blut Aus Nord, Sunn O))), Shining, Celestia, Mz.412, Hellfest, ...) : http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=814863#814863
ntrvrsn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure with this one, the j-card and the "stamp" on the inside looks like xeroxed, the paper and audio is shitty quality.

manes

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hørus wrote:

this is complete garbage
Hørus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

manes wrote:
Hørus wrote:

this is complete garbage

I'll take that as a "No, dear Hørus, these tapes are not originals".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 35 of 40

Jump to: