P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Demo Authenticity
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToDarkness

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got this tape from a friend who wanted to clear his tape collection. Would appreciate if anyone could tell if this is legit? I rmbr correctly there was a debate on this release.
Humus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HÝrus wrote:

Don't have my copy at hand but from memory that looks like the one I bought from the label at the time.
HÝrus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
HÝrus wrote:

Don't have my copy at hand but from memory that looks like the one I bought from the label at the time.

Thanks. If you have the time to find it and boule check, it would be helpful Wink
2014 list (Seth, SFE, Satanic Warmaster, Blut Aus Nord, Sunn O))), Shining, Celestia, Mz.412, Hellfest, ...) : http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=814863#814863
W. Helm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend gave me this tape. He couldn't really tell me where he got it, but he has a lot of original Norwegian bm demo's from the 90's in his collection, so it might be the real deal.
I did some research, in this thread as well, but couldn't come up with a definitive answer on it's authenticity. It could be a second edition. Ygg has besome Ihsahn and the logo covers up his earlier scriblings.
Maybe you guys can help me out.

Edit:
I found this picture of an original second pressing on the Neseblod website.
So mine probably isn't. But what is it then?

Occultism

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone could say if these LLN demos are genuine&original, please?

THANX in advance!
Fenrirsson

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Occultism wrote:
Someone could say if these LLN demos are genuine&original, please?

THANX in advance!

Hard to tell with the Mutiilation demo - I got mine from Willy, and the cover and cassette are pretty much the same as mine.

Both of the cassette types, or I guess, for lack of better term, "versions" date from around that era too - the shell design, labelling etc, was changed in the mid-1990's as memory serves, so at least one can concede that someone hasn't just picked up a recently manufactured tape and just dubbed it.
Mysticus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

W. Helm wrote:
My friend gave me this tape. He couldn't really tell me where he got it, but he has a lot of original Norwegian bm demo's from the 90's in his collection, so it might be the real deal.
I did some research, in this thread as well, but couldn't come up with a definitive answer on it's authenticity. It could be a second edition. Ygg has besome Ihsahn and the logo covers up his earlier scriblings.
Maybe you guys can help me out.

Edit:
I found this picture of an original second pressing on the Neseblod website.
So mine probably isn't. But what is it then?

Well, In my opinion it's dub. These TDK editions have been manufactured later than the demo came out. But, it's just my opinion...
Anyway it's hard to say what is original or dub. I read interview from old Stregoica zine, where Samoth wrote: "the demo is still available from us for blank tape + postage".
So, there would be for example 500 tapes of that demo in the world, but the cassettes would be different.

here's the proof:
[/url]
chich666

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the picture of the TDK tape version looks EXACTLY like the version I purchased back in the day, including both the tape and the cover with the the then 'new' logo.

However I need to qualify this statement that purchased the tape from a local metal store here in Melbourne - Extreme Aggression (where Damon Bloodstorm was working at the time), and it had a 'Modern Invasion Distro' sticker on it cassette box.

Basically I have always wondered whether it was a official distro item or whether it was a dodgy boot sold as an official distro item.

Anyone here know the truth?!
W. Helm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clearing some things up! The new logo in the artwork is still confusing though.
Wolfsturm888

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emperor sold two editions of the demo, actually i do only know/ have seen originals with the older tape brand (not the TDK). I have a copy of the second "edition" with the logo over it with the same old tape brand. So i guess yours is a boot. But you never know...
W. Helm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could be right. The statement by Samoth suggests it could be original.
I guess it's just one of those things we'll never know.
Whatever it is, I'm glad to have it. My friend gave it to me for free while he could have tried to sell it for a ridiculous amount, like he did with some other demos he's selling.
Humus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HÝrus wrote:
Thanks. If you have the time to find it and boule check, it would be helpful Wink

Unfortunately the tape wasn't stored where I thought it would be, so that means it could be anywhere in between 2000 boxed tapes...

About the Emperor, mine is on a Maxell UR60 tape. I think it came from Uncle underground?
Fenrirsson

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
HÝrus wrote:

Unfortunately the tape wasn't stored where I thought it would be, so that means it could be anywhere in between 2000 boxed tapes...

About the Emperor, mine is on a Maxell UR60 tape. I think it came from Uncle underground?

Jan Janssens ("Uncle Underground") NEVER sold boots or brought demos from sources other than the bands themselves, so if you got it from him there is no question that it's original.
HÝrus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humus wrote:
HÝrus wrote:

Ok, thanks anyway.

Other tape, anybody knows something about that :

?

Bad quality dub of the blue tape bootelg, or just a quickly made bootleg ?
2014 list (Seth, SFE, Satanic Warmaster, Blut Aus Nord, Sunn O))), Shining, Celestia, Mz.412, Hellfest, ...) : http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=814863#814863
mighty_amorphis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need help with this one. Does it look original and in general, what is the story behind this tape?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 34 of 41

Jump to: