P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Paolo "Madman" Girardi paintings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chunks

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
I feel like a band worth listening to would be aware that the metal scene is beyond oversaturated with his work and avoid it. I'm sure this has caused me to miss a few decent releases, but I doubt I've missed any remarkable ones.

Agreed. Plus noone said he wasn't talented, just that his artwork is so prevalent it's become almost insignificant to a lot of people.
Shiru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmaLurra wrote:

There is a difference between personal taste and objective talent. Girardi has talent. If you don't like his new works, that's your personal taste. It is however not a reflection upon his talent.

this!

chunks wrote:
whether the quality declined or not is debatable, though I'd say it has, the fact you can see 10 new paintings of his a month without trying makes it hard to be taken back by any new works.

blodhemn9 wrote:
That said, he does what seems like 40 albums covers per year and I years ago reached the point where I'm instantly turned off of an album when I see his work on it. I feel like a band worth listening to would be aware that the metal scene is beyond oversaturated with his work and avoid it. I'm sure this has caused me to miss a few decent releases, but I doubt I've missed any remarkable ones.

Hmmm i doubt there was many years when he made 40 artworks per year or was there any year when he done even 40 artworks, and expecially 10 per month...
I had similar debate with friend of mine about overusing Girardi arts, and well i fastly checked archives metal-archives, and it seems 2013-15 artworks, 2014-13, 2015 - 33, 2016-15, 2017 - 26, 2018 - maximum 15(and i guess maybe 6-8 ended to be released at least till now). and well those numbers are approximate, because for example in 2016 he made art for Inquisition albums and those repeats like 3-4 tiems in metal archives, so actual number probably less then 30, but on other hand there might be some bands missed(where he is not added to credits on MA or those that play hardcore or sludge).. Anyway after all probably less then 40 covers every year. Exclamation
I cannot disagree that there is bands that trying to use his art as promotion, and it ends to be best part of release... but not using particular artist cause it is overused, or dont go particular label cause it is over-releasing? pfff i still try to listen music instead of collecting posters or poststamps.
chunks

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he's already done more than a dozen this year if you have a quick look at his Instagram. How many of those albums have you listened to?
Shiru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chunks wrote:
he's already done more than a dozen this year if you have a quick look at his Instagram. How many of those albums have you listened to?

Well, i have horrible habit to check all time new music, even one that i 99% wouldn't like... so i might be bad example..
anyway i fastly rechecked his instagram and there was 12 releases out or partly out (like sample track on youtube or bandcamp), so i checked 10 of those... i even can be honest that i didnt ended buying any of those 10.. and i buy records that i really like(and sometimes when i have symphaty or want to support band for some reason)... so i guess that's the answer.

but anyway, i dont get when people say that they wouldnt check band cause it have cover from some particular artists Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: