P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

DEMO AUTHENCITY
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mysticus



Joined: 19 Sep 2007
Posts: 1206
Location: Mother Europe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsbearsbears wrote:
manes wrote:
who did you get it from (ebay nickname)?
I believe his name was Kurwa123.


Great nickname. "Kurwa" means in Polish language "whore".
_________________
www.hexencave.wz.cz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
manes



Joined: 25 Sep 2008
Posts: 655
Location: Como Hills, Italy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

torn-soul wrote:


Is it legit?


It might be, it all depends on the reliability of the seller
_________________
Good sellers: Iscariah, Grav, Madcow, Necrogoat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sztorm75



Joined: 26 Sep 2008
Posts: 3940
Location: Warsaw, Poland

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadomizer wrote:
I have this in my collection arrived about ten years ago with a trade, can anyone say me something about authenticity?

GRAND BELIAL'S KEY "Goat of a thousand young" demo




On the backside there is a mark of "Cancrena 'zine and distribution" from Cuneo (Italy), never listen before....


It's xero cover... I had it twice always with xero cover but different tapes. So it's hard to tell is it's original or not
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tireheb



Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 5582
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of those old demos were distributed in a way that you send the band a tape and they copy the demo on the tape and send it to you. Even if you were some special underground expert, in some cases there is simply no real proof about what is a real copy and which is just a traded copy.
_________________
Kojiri wrote:
To buy lots of die hards, see them ebayed before you, and hear the lamentations of NWN.


"You can't hide the hook!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bearsbearsbears



Joined: 17 Mar 2012
Posts: 781

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mysticus wrote:
bearsbearsbears wrote:
manes wrote:
who did you get it from (ebay nickname)?
I believe his name was Kurwa123.


Great nickname. "Kurwa" means in Polish language "whore".
Haha, that sounds promising!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
STGM



Joined: 03 Nov 2009
Posts: 41

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote




Can anyone comment on this one? I've seen versions with different tapes, and more pages on the inlay, this one only have the pages pictured. It's xeroxed, and I've seen both that and pro-printed versions, I think
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wolfsturm888



Joined: 27 Jul 2011
Posts: 789

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

morbiddeceiver wrote:
Does the original Carpathian Forest "Bloodlust And Perversion" Demo have a clear shell?



This basically is not correct. I have an original copy with blank shell - tape... I bought it in 1994 from Malicious Records, so it should be original...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Neuntöter



Joined: 20 Mar 2012
Posts: 206
Location: Sweden

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
A lot of those old demos were distributed in a way that you send the band a tape and they copy the demo on the tape and send it to you. Even if you were some special underground expert, in some cases there is simply no real proof about what is a real copy and which is just a traded copy.


+1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hrafn666



Joined: 26 Sep 2009
Posts: 34

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have any info about the reissue of the Blutrache demo released by Daimonion Productions?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deathster



Joined: 27 Sep 2007
Posts: 1071
Location: Eesti

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neuntöter wrote:
Tireheb wrote:
A lot of those old demos were distributed in a way that you send the band a tape and they copy the demo on the tape and send it to you. Even if you were some special underground expert, in some cases there is simply no real proof about what is a real copy and which is just a traded copy.


+1


Still many people ask for blessing (of their tapes) here on this site... its unbelievable how many fakes are sold (expensive ones) for originals.
_________________
TRADELIST:
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17283
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deathster



Joined: 27 Sep 2007
Posts: 1071
Location: Eesti

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathster wrote:
The best way to be sure about originality is if you know the previous owners (whose history can be traced). And gather as much info as possible about the demo, the seller (and his background, friends). Common sense and criticism is helping too.

_________________
TRADELIST:
http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17283
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mighty_amorphis



Joined: 14 Jun 2009
Posts: 463

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANNIHILATOR-Phantasmagoria-Original-Cassette-Demo-1986-VERY-RARE-/221007521107?pt=B%C3%BCcher_Unterhaltung_Music_CDs&hash=item3375132553

Looks like a fake. Can anyone confirm? Comparing with Demoarchives photo, the insert looks weirdly mirrored. http://www.demoarchives.com/Bands/Annihilator-Can/Annihilator.asp?mistake=Annihilator&cntry=Can

There is also this photo, which has the same tape as on the auction, same "direction" of the insert, but colored as on the Demoarchives photo...
http://rapidsharemp3.com/mp3-download/14073/annihilator_phantasmagoria_demo/?getimg=1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rauta



Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 1438
Location: Finlandia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

STGM wrote:



Can anyone comment on this one? I've seen versions with different tapes, and more pages on the inlay, this one only have the pages pictured. It's xeroxed, and I've seen both that and pro-printed versions, I think

The one I have has three more panels and the j-card is printed on both sides. Can't for the life of me remember where it came from but the one in the pic you posted is certanly a later duplication of it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
peterott



Joined: 07 Aug 2007
Posts: 4632
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mighty_amorphis wrote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANNIHILATOR-Phantasmagoria-Original-Cassette-Demo-1986-VERY-RARE-/221007521107?pt=B%C3%BCcher_Unterhaltung_Music_CDs&hash=item3375132553

Looks like a fake. Can anyone confirm? Comparing with Demoarchives photo, the insert looks weirdly mirrored. http://www.demoarchives.com/Bands/Annihilator-Can/Annihilator.asp?mistake=Annihilator&cntry=Can

There is also this photo, which has the same tape as on the auction, same "direction" of the insert, but colored as on the Demoarchives photo...
http://rapidsharemp3.com/mp3-download/14073/annihilator_phantasmagoria_demo/?getimg=1


This Annihilator tapes looks exactly like mine, including the same Sorex tape. Got mine sometime mid-90es from someone working at SPV.
_________________
Tradelist + Good Traders:
www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1339
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mighty_amorphis



Joined: 14 Jun 2009
Posts: 463

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterott wrote:
mighty_amorphis wrote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ANNIHILATOR-Phantasmagoria-Original-Cassette-Demo-1986-VERY-RARE-/221007521107?pt=B%C3%BCcher_Unterhaltung_Music_CDs&hash=item3375132553

Looks like a fake. Can anyone confirm? Comparing with Demoarchives photo, the insert looks weirdly mirrored. http://www.demoarchives.com/Bands/Annihilator-Can/Annihilator.asp?mistake=Annihilator&cntry=Can

There is also this photo, which has the same tape as on the auction, same "direction" of the insert, but colored as on the Demoarchives photo...
http://rapidsharemp3.com/mp3-download/14073/annihilator_phantasmagoria_demo/?getimg=1


This Annihilator tapes looks exactly like mine, including the same Sorex tape. Got mine sometime mid-90es from someone working at SPV.


What about the insert? Does it have red color on the drawing?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 18 of 21

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group