P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

DEMO AUTHENCITY
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CR99

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

totaldarkness wrote:
CR99 wrote:
I have a Abruptum Satanist Tunes demo with a stone old JVC tape with "Abruptum" stamped on side A. Pretty sure it's original

The Abruptum demos are extremely rare. According to an interview with It in Nordic Vision #5 Demo 1 (often referred as Hextum Galaem Zeloq) was released in 30-40 copies and The Satanist Tunes in 60-80 copies I think it was. These demos are even hard to find here in Sweden. I bought my copies from an Edge Of Sanity member in 2000 so I know they are original. But must difficult is their Orchestra Of Dark Demo.

My copy of The Satanist Tunes also looks like that.

Oh that's great news. Thanks
passetiermes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inverto Crosso wrote:
Original pressing of that Disgrace demo came with a glossy b/w cover and white factory made cassette.

I sent an email to Jukka/Disgrace together with these same photos.
He said that if the cover would be thick glossy paper (doesn't look like it though), this could be genuine. Jukka said that the first edition had white factory tapes like you mentioned. But he also mentioned that they gave permission to someone in Poland to print couple hundred more copies, and this could be one of those if the cover would not be normal copy paper.
This time 14 euros, and I think I'm done buying demos from ebay. Maybe ebay should have a feature where buyers could leave negative feedback also for themselves... Wink
Now the same seller has Convulse's demo:
http://cgi.ebay.de/Convulse-Resuscitation-of-Evilness-demo-90_W0QQitemZ150325281700QQcmdZViewItem
I went through the sellers feedback, there's only a few negative ones left, even though he sells these rare demos all the time.
@totaldarkness: thanks for the info. I still have 2 Thou Art Lord demos & 3 Ades Winds, but I think I'm still missing the originals heh.

Last edited by passetiermes on Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
0%cured

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

passetiermes wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.de/Convulse-Resuscitation-of-Evilness-demo-90_W0QQitemZ150325281700QQcmdZViewItem

My copy doesn't have the "thanks list" and the band picture. Man that's just the worse bootleg ever Laughing
sztorm75

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

passetiermes wrote:
Inverto Crosso wrote:
Original pressing of that Disgrace demo came with a glossy b/w cover and white factory made cassette.

I sent an email to Jukka/Disgrace together with these same photos.
He said that if the cover would be thick glossy paper (doesn't look like it though), this could be genuine. Jukka said that the first edition had white factory tapes like you mentioned. But he also mentioned that they gave permission to someone in Poland to print couple hundred more copies, and this could be one of those if the cover would not be normal copy paper.
This time 14 euros, and I think I'm done buying demos from ebay. Maybe ebay should have a feature where buyers could leave negative feedback also for themselves... Wink
I went through the sellers feedback, there's only a few negative ones left, even though he sells these rare demos all the time.
@totaldarkness: thanks for the info. I'll still have 2 Thou Art Lord demos & 3 Ades Winds, but I think I'm still missing the originals heh.

Convulse demo seems like Bootleg as well.

The Polish release of Disgrace tape comes with professionaly printed songs and infos on the tape surface so yours is not the Polish one.
CR99

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you have a german press Passetiermes
passetiermes

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the infamous German press Laughing.
Voidhanger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacrilegio wrote:
Suicide74 sells fake demos. I bought a kvist demo from him, which was fake, so I gave it to a friend who now listens to the boot in his car.

The same seller is selling a NECROPHOBIC cassette; unless I'm mistaken this one seems to be the authentic Wild Rags version:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Necrophobic-Unholy-Prophecies-demo-91-nifelheim_W0QQitemZ150325283584QQihZ005QQcategoryZ52071QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
Black_Fire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nowadays homemade demos are making on even few different kind of cdr/tpaes. Do you think 20 years ago it was different, ie evry "orginal" demos on same tape? What with demos located in distros all around the world? So fuck this, and dont bid them high.

- as I wrote in another theard.

If demo was traded 20 years ago, cover was xeroded etc, I think we can notice this as an "orginal" or at least "tape with soul" he he. Anyway best way to get old demos is tape trade, fuck downloading and buying for idiotic prices. Metal is not fucking buissnes.

DOOM CD 002: NEKRAPE "The Hypostasis Of The Archons"

Last edited by Black_Fire on Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total
CR99

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black_Fire wrote:
Nowadays homemade demos are making on even few different kind of cdr/tpaes. Do you think 20 years ago it was different, ie evry "orginal" demos on same tape? What with demos located in distros all around the world? So fuck this, and dont bid them high.

- as I wrote in another theard

exception might be these pro factory tapes
Black_Fire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But not too many demos was pro-manufactured, and even if yes, then usually exist also older home-made version.

DOOM CD 002: NEKRAPE "The Hypostasis Of The Archons"
Uncolored

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voidhanger wrote:

The same seller is selling a NECROPHOBIC cassette; unless I'm mistaken this one seems to be the authentic Wild Rags version:

yeah. also the ras algethi is genuine

SatanHussein wrote:
my dream is to organise a funeral doom festival and sell my stockpiles of antidepressants at the merch stand
peterott

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attention: there are two versions existing. One is first press with old logo (right one), one has a normal logo (left one) on the small side:

nexxxion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suicide74 comes from the town I live in. I found out about him by chance at a gig in Hellraiser. I know for once that he bought two big collections from guys in their 30ies. Not taking any side though!

My Convulse demo looks like the one he's selling. Buying demos with normal tapes and xeroxed cover is always a risk. I don't do it. But it helps to check with someone who has the demos and knows if they're genuine.
CR99

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nexxxion wrote:
I know for once that he bought two big collections from guys in their 30ies. Not taking any side though

That's what he told me as well. I bought a Bundeswehra and that Abruptum demo from him.
Voidhanger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CR99 wrote:
totaldarkness wrote:
CR99 wrote:
I have a Abruptum Satanist Tunes demo with a stone old JVC tape with "Abruptum" stamped on side A. Pretty sure it's original

The Abruptum demos are extremely rare. According to an interview with It in Nordic Vision #5 Demo 1 (often referred as Hextum Galaem Zeloq) was released in 30-40 copies and The Satanist Tunes in 60-80 copies I think it was. These demos are even hard to find here in Sweden. I bought my copies from an Edge Of Sanity member in 2000 so I know they are original. But must difficult is their Orchestra Of Dark Demo.

My copy of The Satanist Tunes also looks like that.

Oh that's great news. Thanks

My copy of this demo is also on an old black JVC tape but doesn't have ABRUPTUM logo stamped anywhere on the label, and the insert is poorly photocopied (in that the all-black cover is more like varying shades of light/dark grey). No idea what to think of it, but it's probably a bootleg.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 3 of 21

Jump to: