P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Dark Adversary Productions - news, info and so on.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
da666

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

insulter wrote:
I would prefer a label based in Europe or in USA, making a decent distribution. As far as I understood you don't sell (not trade, sell!) these releases to everyone but only to selected and still unknows label... Idea Question

All DAP vinyls except for anything limited under 100 (which these are not) will be distributed out of Europe from now on, so the postage is cheaper for the rest of the world.
So these will be easy to obtain and not cost a mint in postage. I have not announced the label which will have these/be the main hub yet as even when i say "no emails for pre-orders" i still end up getting about 5 a day, so i am saving them the spam.
I'd rather wait to reveal all when pre-orders are ready to be taken.
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there a possible schedule to know...like are we looking at spring, summer, fall, end of year type release? or is it more depending on some factors currently being worked on right now?
da666

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper's Grave wrote:
is there a possible schedule to know...like are we looking at spring, summer, fall, end of year type release? or is it more depending on some factors currently being worked on right now?

It all depends on factors being worked on (mainly the layouts). Especially since the bootleggers have now made it so we have to try and make them slightly different from the DAP CD releases since those bootlegs ripped off that cover art.

Also to announce a season would confuse people being from the southern hemisphere and all Wink
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't you just use the originals lay-out/artworks?

I really don't get the point of reissuing records if they don't look like the already very rare/unavailable originals. If I buy a reissue, it's usually because I don't have the OG album and I personally don't want to buy something that'll make me still want to own it afterwards.

That being said, good news still.
rauta

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to presume it's up to the bands whose records are being reissued and not the label doing them.
HÝrus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original Remains of a Ruined, Dead, Cursed Soul CD cover was great, I hope this one will be used.
2014 list (Seth, SFE, Satanic Warmaster, Blut Aus Nord, Sunn O))), Shining, Celestia, Mz.412, Hellfest, ...) : http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=814863#814863
da666

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rauta wrote:
I'm going to presume it's up to the bands whose records are being reissued and not the label doing them.

Words of wisdom comrade.

Of course in the end it is the bands say, and there are various reasons other images are not used.

Keep in mind the version of Vampires i am doing for example is not the same as the original DLP, i am doing the original CD version on vinyl, the DLP didn't have one track (Born under the masters spell) and had a few bonus tracks instead.
So this will be the first time the original CD version is on vinyl.
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that out.
Reaper's Grave

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haunt In The Dark wrote:
Can't you just use the originals lay-out/artworks?

I really don't get the point of reissuing records if they don't look like the already very rare/unavailable originals. If I buy a reissue, it's usually because I don't have the OG album and I personally don't want to buy something that'll make me still want to own it afterwards.

That being said, good news still.

personally i like it for that reason though. It means if i want the original to get the original. Also means it's impossible to mix up an early/original pressing to a newer pressing, so those who still want to go after the EAL versions have the option to do so.

Also the bootleggers using the DAP covers is another factor, i'm sure most people don't want to have to figure out which ones are official ones done by DAP and which are the boots. I found the boot of the black milennium at local record shop and thought it was official reissue at first, i'd hate to buy the official DAP pressing now if it was the same thing. Instead i can just sell the boot i have and use the money i paid for the boot to get the official pressing when its available.
Haunt In The Dark

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To each their own I guess.
DSS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

insulter wrote:
I would prefer a label based in Europe or in USA, making a decent distribution. As far as I understood you don't sell (not trade, sell!) these releases to everyone but only to selected and still unknows label... Idea Question

If people were willing to buy from me then I would distribute lots of stuff including DAP stuff. Usually there's lots of talk but when I get the merchandise no one has the money.
da666

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSS wrote:

If people were willing to buy from me then I would distribute lots of stuff including DAP stuff. Usually there's lots of talk but when I get the merchandise no one has the money.

Exactly why i don't trade much any more, a new release is out from a label and everyone says "support" "Cant wait" "whos getting in copies" etc. etc. I get copies in and move about 1 and the rest stay with me for 5 years haha. As the saying goes "talk is cheap" (literally in these cases!).
BlutUndKrieg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

da666 wrote:
DSS wrote:

Exactly why i don't trade much any more, a new release is out from a label and everyone says "support" "Cant wait" "whos getting in copies" etc. etc. I get copies in and move about 1 and the rest stay with me for 5 years haha. As the saying goes "talk is cheap" (literally in these cases!).

Well rest assured, I bet your upcoming Mutiilation releases won't sit around for that long Razz. How limited will these vinyl releases be or is that confidential information? As long as its not 100 I'm cool with that.
da666

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlutUndKrieg wrote:
da666 wrote:
DSS wrote:

Well rest assured, I bet your upcoming Mutiilation releases won't sit around for that long Razz. How limited will these vinyl releases be or is that confidential information? As long as its not 100 I'm cool with that.

Confidential for now, not sure if we will say limit for these, but it will most definitely be well over 100!
Sloth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can wait for these people that avoided those bootlegs should be rewarded
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 3 of 20

Jump to: