P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Classic albums you just don't like at all
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
funeral-records

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caligulasremains wrote:
henrik is a genius man...

A lot of people think Garth Brooks is a genius too...
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has put a lot of stuff but some of his projects are great, especially MZ412 and FOLKSTORM. Maybe if you weren't into this CMI stuff since the 90's, you may not understand why his name is often praised.

Last edited by Xeniteia on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
dAHMER

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

funeral-records wrote:
Xeniteia wrote:
GoatVargr is a project from Henrik Nordvargr Bjrkk, the guy behind FOLKSTORM, MZ412, etc.

Anyway this thread is, as often, mostly about name-dropping, and barely about arguing why one doesn't like or care about a band.

Just listened. There's a reason I've never heard of it. It blows..

That name belongs in the "Worst fucking bands you've stumbled across recently" thread.

You don't have to like it, but declaring it "worst band" material is something of a stretch.
Irasyati

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really tried but I can not get into anything by Mercyful Fate and King Diamond due to KD's Vocals. I appreciate what KD did for Black Metal with his lyrics and aesthetics and I like the music but as soon as the vocals kick in I need to stop.

I could also never get into most DSBM. Exceptions may be Abyssic Hate's "Suicidal Emotions" and Totalselfhatred's first but other than that it's not my cup of tea. Maybe I am just too optimistic about life. Laughing
Hrus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goatvargr is really good, but not as great as most of his solo material of the Nordvargr/Drakh collaborations that are awesome. Mz.412 kills as well obviously.
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irasyati wrote:
I really tried but I can not get into anything by Mercyful Fate and King Diamond due to KD's Vocals. I appreciate what KD did for Black Metal with his lyrics and aesthetics and I like the music but as soon as the vocals kick in I need to stop.

I'm sorry to hear to you feel this way.
M.Syfax

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hymnsoftheneedlefreak wrote:
Irasyati wrote:

blodhemn9

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.Syfax wrote:
Irasyati wrote:

Even "Melissa"? His vocals are a bit more subdued on that one... not so much falsetto. I know a few people who don't like KD's voice, but they love that record.
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
M.Syfax wrote:
Irasyati wrote:

Even "Melissa"? His vocals are a bit more subdued on that one... not so much falsetto. I know a few people who don't like KD's voice, but they love that record.

I think his voice is why I like KD and MF so much. It's theatrical and full of expression. And let's face it, it's metal as fuck.
blodhemn9

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see how it's offputting and cheesy to people who maybe listen to mostly black/death and other extreme metal, but if you've got the true metal in your veins it's mandatory to worship King Diamond and especially Mercyful Fate.

We've all got our quirks though. Personally, I can't fucking stand Martin VanDrunnen's voice. Confused

I also randomly started hating most of Rob Lowe's (Solitude Aeturnus/Candlemass) voice a few years ago after previously loving it. Weird, I know.
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
I can see how it's offputting and cheesy to people who maybe listen to mostly black/death and other extreme metal, but if you've got the true metal in your veins it's mandatory to worship King Diamond and especially Mercyful Fate.

Total agreement, but most black/death/extreme heads do worship Mercyful Fate and KD.

Do you like Jeff Becerra's voice?
inanimate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carnivore's "Retaliation" never did for me what their debut did.
Even early TON is better to my ears (and pretty much all TON for that matter).
Irasyati

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blodhemn9 wrote:
M.Syfax wrote:
Irasyati wrote:

Giving Melissa a listen once again I see what you mean, but when KD starts screaming in that really high-pitched voice I'm out. Although sometimes I like theatrical voices as I am a huge fan of Maiden and the Dickinson-era in particular.

Sorry guys, I really tried. Sad
Blutkvlt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inanimate wrote:
Carnivore's "Retaliation" never did for me what their debut did.

Agreed, even though I wouldn't say it's much of a controversial opinion. Too much of "Retaliation" approaches crossover, which I'm not too fond of.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55
Page 55 of 55

Jump to: