P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Classic albums you just don't like at all
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 53, 54, 55  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Feuersturm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like many times stated here, most popular, pedestrian thrash metal. Not all, but most of it. I'll take Helstar's Nosferatu over 100% of it any day of the week though. That thing eats metallicas for breakfast.

Iron Maiden, while I don't particularly hate and am perfectly aware of their (early) contribution to metal music, is something I've been exposed to so much I'm pretty much done. Still have the first two, but I wish they had released three tight albums instead of spamming the world with the first nine. A share of good tracks in their repertoire, but still I think it's stuff like Two Minutes To Midnight, Run To The Hills and the uniformity that makes me go nope, nevermore.

Pantera and Anthrax for instance have long represented the absolute middle, the jarringly mundane vanilla metal that would have probably sent me right into the arms of Meat Loaf and Europe (eternal hails!) all over again had I somehow taken that fateful turn.

Metal to me sounded far more interesting the further it strayed away from the ordinary and into the extraordinary. Always had difficulties sharing the interests of the common man. That's why I didn't get super interested until I heard the more extreme spectrum.
Kojiri

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goatvargr wrote:
Reign in Blood is probably the most overrated album of all time, total crap. But then again, it is just my opinion. Probably most of you wonder how can anyone dislike it, but I ask you the same thing about Sarcofago or Bathory for example.

I want to ask how you came to the conclusion that it's the most overrated album of all time when bands like Pantera exist? That just seems like hyperbole. I love Sarcofago & Bathory, but you seem like you're literally trying to kvlt at a wizard expert level.

Just because there may be better, less known thrash out there, which I will freely admit, doesn't mean that Reign in Blood is "total crap". Because that's just objectively false

Keep the hate train rollin'
caligulasremains
banned

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kojiri wrote:
you're literally trying to kvlt at a wizard expert level.

he is not the black wizards but he thinks he is.
funeral-records

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kojiri wrote:
Goatvargr wrote:
Reign in Blood is probably the most overrated album of all time, total crap. But then again, it is just my opinion. Probably most of you wonder how can anyone dislike it, but I ask you the same thing about Sarcofago or Bathory for example.

I want to ask how you came to the conclusion that it's the most overrated album of all time when bands like Pantera exist? That just seems like hyperbole. I love Sarcofago & Bathory, but you seem like you're literally trying to kvlt at a wizard expert level.

Just because there may be better, less known thrash out there, which I will freely admit, doesn't mean that Reign in Blood is "total crap". Because that's just objectively false

He has Goat and Varg in his name, clearly he is on level 100 kvlt supreme status.
Goatvargr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

funeral-records wrote:
Kojiri wrote:
Goatvargr wrote:

He has Goat and Varg in his name, clearly he is on level 100 kvlt supreme status.

Is it hard to understand english, or do you just read some words of a sentence and make up your own? When I write IN MY OPINION, I am saying exactly that, it is an opinion, not better nor worse than yours or anyone else.

I know and aknowledge RiB's importance to the development of extreme metal, but I'm not obliged to like it, and you should at least try and understand that not everyone has the same musical taste as yours.

and for you Fun... records dumb ass, Goatvargr is a dark ambient band, no one is trying to kvlt at anything.
Crasse

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

funeral-records wrote:
Kojiri wrote:
Goatvargr wrote:

Laughing
Xeniteia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoatVargr is a project from Henrik Nordvargr Björkk, the guy behind FOLKSTORM, MZ412, etc.

Anyway this thread is, as often, mostly about name-dropping, and barely about arguing why one doesn't like or care about a band.
Bazzah
banned

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xeniteia wrote:
GoatVargr is a project from Henrik Nordvargr Björkk, the guy behind FOLKSTORM, MZ412, etc.

Anyway this thread is, as often, mostly about name-dropping, and barely about arguing why one doesn't like or care about a band.

The thread is about albums, not bands.

Bazzah wrote:
Det Som Engang Var

Because the riffs are boring. Mad
M.Syfax

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

every/anything by Deathspell Omega beyond "si monumentum..."

I have given them plenty of tries and chances over the last 6-7 years (and most recently "Infernal Battles" again just now) but it just doesn't work for me.
Wytchdance

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bazzah wrote:

Bazzah wrote:
Det Som Engang Var

Oh man, that is probably Varg's most underrated "classic era" album. There are many good tracks on it with tons of great riffs--Key to the Gate, En ring til aa herske, Lost Wisdom, Snu mikrokosmos tegn. Hell, even the ambient tracks are great on that album.

blewcheer wrote: "And yeah those were her exact words, or at least what I hear when she's crying and I'm flexing and listening to Sextrash and shit."
hymnsoftheneedlefreak

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wytchdance wrote:
Bazzah wrote:

Bazzah wrote:
Det Som Engang Var

Oh man, that is probably Varg's most underrated "classic era" album. There are many good tracks on it with tons of great riffs--Key to the Gate, En ring til aa herske, Lost Wisdom, Snu mikrokosmos tegn. Hell, even the ambient tracks are great on that album.

My favorite Burzum album by far.
Phlegma

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

everything from satyricon, dark funeral, mayhem (dmds is ... hmm ... ok) old marduk and so on
caligulasremains
banned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya that one is the best burzum. and im not a big fan of burzum, at all really..
funeral-records

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xeniteia wrote:

Just listened. There's a reason I've never heard of it. It blows..

That name belongs in the "Worst fucking bands you've stumbled across recently" thread.
caligulasremains
banned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

henrik is a genius man...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 54 of 55

Jump to: