P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Classic albums you just don't like at all
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Airyanem Vaejah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those albums just don't do anything for me, productionwise or not. Compared to other appreciated early thrash albums the songs almost seem to be composed like pop or whatever. I can totally get that the sound was influental to plenty of bands that I enjoy, but I've tried over and over without being able to enjoy them in any way. It might just be that I'm not old enough to put them in the same context as some people here.
NuclearGoatVomit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you don't have to like all the classic stuff out there. For example I can't stand Accept, Maiden with Dickinson, Overkill, later Sodom and Destruction (after the first albums), UDO, Helloween and other influental bands.
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airyanem Vaejah wrote:
Never liked anything Metallica did. Maybe it would have been different if I had been inte music when they released their first albums. It is just impossible for me to like KTA or RTL at all. I can't even figure out why anyone who wasn't there at that time would think these records are that great. Not good in the same way as early Maiden or Priest and not heavy or extreme iin any way.

Fucking hang yourself already you sack of shit.
Vegeta

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:

come on, its getting old

looking for LP covers for Sin after Sin, Stained Class and Killing Machine. PM if you have any! thanks!
Necrosathanas

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread has some really weird opinions, finally decided to post.

Never gotten into any Suffocation or Pestilence at all. (Well, I'm not that much into death metal so it probably explains it.)

Megadeth has only done 1,5 good albums. Killing... and few songs on Rust in Peace.
Airyanem Vaejah

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
Airyanem Vaejah wrote:
Never liked anything Metallica did. Maybe it would have been different if I had been inte music when they released their first albums. It is just impossible for me to like KTA or RTL at all. I can't even figure out why anyone who wasn't there at that time would think these records are that great. Not good in the same way as early Maiden or Priest and not heavy or extreme iin any way.

Based on what I’ve seen you post on here, I would assume you are around 18 years old and thus very far from having ‘been there’ for all these metal classics. However, insulting people on the internet is retarded regardless of your age. If you don’t act the same way, and take the consequences, when meeting people in the real world you’re a fag.
holy ghost

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thread just got a twitter shout out from Chips n Beer Magazine.

You guys are fucking FAMOUS. Razz
NK7
banned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airyanem Vaejah wrote:
NK7 wrote:
Airyanem Vaejah wrote:

Based on what I’ve seen you post on here, I would assume you are around 18 years old and thus very far from having ‘been there’ for all these metal classics. However, insulting people on the internet is retarded regardless of your age. If you don’t act the same way, and take the consequences, when meeting people in the real world you’re a fag.

It has nothing to do with age. If you're into metal, you can't possibly dislike those albums, PERIOD. Then again, the conception of metal most people have here is dubious at best.

Last edited by NK7 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total
hevosrunkkari

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Satyricon. Dark Medieval Times, boring shit. Shadowthrone, uninteresting doodoo. Nemesis Divina, one good song. Rebel Extravaganza, chaotic nonsense. All the rest, rock music for teenage girls.

Samael. I've tried to listen early classic albums many times, cant get into them. Not bad but just not for me.

Rotting Christ, Necromantia and other Greece classics. Cant get into these either.
Vegeta

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NK7 wrote:
It has nothing to do with age. If you're into metal, you can't possibly dislike those albums, PERIOD

looking for LP covers for Sin after Sin, Stained Class and Killing Machine. PM if you have any! thanks!
Zone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hevosrunkkari wrote:

Rotting Christ, Necromantia and other Greece classics. Cant get into these either.

damn.....
Piotr Sargnagel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I find weird about this thread is all the posts that imply that you'd have to have "been there" when a particular album was released to properly appreciate it.

I also find it laughable that anyone would get legitimately worked up about what someone else likes or doesn't like. You'd have to be seriously insecure to get rattled by what other people enjoy.

Now that I've paved the way with my flawless logic: I always MUCH preferred Passage to Arcturo and Non Serviam to Thy Mighty Contract.
under a funeral shroom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't listen to Metallica anymore honestly, they just became too much of a joke. That doesn't make the old albums not good, however.
Holocaust

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
Ride the Lightning has one of the best sound productions ever on a metal album.

It's also one of the best albums ever. imo.
BreedingtheSpawn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piotr Sargnagel wrote:
What I find weird about this thread is all the posts that imply that you'd have to have "been there" when a particular album was released to properly appreciate it.

I also find it laughable that anyone would get legitimately worked up about what someone else likes or doesn't like. You'd have to be seriously insecure to get rattled by what other people enjoy.

Now that I've paved the way with my flawless logic: I always MUCH preferred Passage to Arcturo and Non Serviam to Thy Mighty Contract.

Exactly, some people here in this thread are going to pass out based on what someone else listens too. Laughing Laughing

We are finally free from gods or men who claim to be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 40 of 47

Jump to: