P R O D U C T I O N S
 
 FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 
 Profile 
 Log in to check your private messages 
 Log in 

Classic albums you just don't like at all
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Freelance Fiend



Joined: 29 Dec 2011
Posts: 246
Location: San Francisco, California USA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in utter shock at the shit talking on certain albums in the first 3 pages. Dunno if I can look at the rest.
_________________
CULT OF RIFFS radio show every Friday from 2pm to 4pm PST. www.bff.fm
www.facebook.com/cultofriffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
grindmonkeyagain



Joined: 19 Feb 2011
Posts: 1061
Location: Ohio

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bathory - The Return, its not bad, just not great
Don't Break The Oath is miles ahead of Melissa, having a sister with that name brings the points down. she doesn't like metal.
I really tried to get into Death In June's Burial. really did. can't do it.
Convulse's World Without God has horrible production
later Swans - fucking horrible

that's it for now.
_________________
my records
my experimental project and netlabel
good traders/buyers/sellers: Jalmym203, spinefreeze, Doom-Mantia
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Carlzilla



Joined: 07 Aug 2009
Posts: 2551
Location: New Mexico

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grindmonkeyagain wrote:
Bathory - The Return, its not bad, just not great
Don't Break The Oath is miles ahead of Melissa, having a sister with that name brings the points down. she doesn't like metal.
I really tried to get into Death In June's Burial. really did. can't do it.
Convulse's World Without God has horrible production
later Swans - fucking horrible

that's it for now.


The Return is my favorite Bathory album.
_________________
If you are a false don't marry! Girlfriend is ok but only destructing anus from behind!!! - Fat Dagon

And now we have fags complaining about other fags. A "fagoboros" if you will.

http://www.last.fm/user/carlzilla
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cm



Joined: 20 Jun 2010
Posts: 95

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't read this thread because some of my favorite records ever were posted on the first page. what a depressing thread
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
cm



Joined: 20 Jun 2010
Posts: 95

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I ventured to page 2 and the thread just kept getting worse. there are metal dudes hating on the best metal ever written. fucking retarded.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
VnholyCvntz



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 1652

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grindmonkeyagain wrote:

Convulse's World Without God has horrible production


It's a good album but I think it's overrated among underground (DM) enthusiasts as a forgotten "classic". It's good but not that good.

I can list about 10 Finnish releases that blow it out of the water.
And not to mention releases from Sweden, US, South America and truly underrated gems.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NK7
banned


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 1340
Location: Beograd, Srbija

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cm wrote:
well I ventured to page 2 and the thread just kept getting worse. there are metal dudes hating on the best metal ever written. fucking retarded.

There is one good point to this thread, it exposes the faggots and helps keeping their other posts/opinions on this forum in the right perspective.
_________________
Permabanned
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stalinorgel
banned


Joined: 08 Aug 2011
Posts: 2696

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't care less if someone considers me a faggot because I don't like a certain band or album - and vice versa, of course.

Still, subjective opinions, no matter how weird they are, have NOTHING to do with a decent background and basic common knowledge of Metal history, which is MANDATORY and pretty easy/fast to achieve nowadays (or at least enough to pretend you actually have some on the internet).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
NK7
banned


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 1340
Location: Beograd, Srbija

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stalinorgel wrote:
Couldn't care less if someone considers me a faggot because I don't like a certain band or album - and vice versa, of course.

Still, subjective opinions, no matter how weird they are, have NOTHING to do with a decent background and basic common knowledge of Metal history, which is MANDATORY.

My remark wasn't directed at you man, you seem to have a good knowledge of the genre and I do agree with your views most of the time. What I meant was that discussing whether Melissa is better than DBtO is perfectly legit, whereas saying that Hell Awaits consists of filler stuff is just utter fucking dumb and shows the poster has absolutely no clue what extreme metal is supposed to be all about. As you say, regardless of individual taste some albums are objectively strong and as such should at least be respected for their undeniable importance in Metal history.
_________________
Permabanned
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boogs



Joined: 18 Nov 2010
Posts: 376
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never really got into the old Messiah stuff, especially Extreme Cold Weather. The live recordings I've heard from them are cool but the albums never cut it for me. And wtf is up with the spoken word bits on the first album?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
NK7
banned


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 1340
Location: Beograd, Srbija

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boogs wrote:
Never really got into the old Messiah stuff, especially Extreme Cold Weather. The live recordings I've heard from them are cool but the albums never cut it for me. And wtf is up with the spoken word bits on the first album?

Gotta agree with that, I always preferred the death metal incarnation of Messiah for some reason. Although I wouldn't exactly place them in the "classic bands" cauldron. Competent thrash and fairly solid releases (hell, I even like a couple of songs off Underground, shame on me) but on a slightly lower rank when compared to Frost, Destruction, Kreator etc
_________________
Permabanned
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stalinorgel
banned


Joined: 08 Aug 2011
Posts: 2696

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@NK7:

Didn't felt targeted, but your post reminded me about the countless REAL-LIFE discussions I had with other people into Metal that I respect but sometimes have absolute weird turns in their taste, which I can't really understand.

boogs wrote:
Never really got into the old Messiah stuff, especially Extreme Cold Weather. The live recordings I've heard from them are cool but the albums never cut it for me. And wtf is up with the spoken word bits on the first album?


Early MESSIAH is a love or hate thing, I would say so. And yes, the spoken words stuff is annoying, especially the heavy Swiss accent.

Edit: Whoever said that "Hell Awaits" contains only filler seriously needs a subjective beating. Best SLAYER album!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Petrificado



Joined: 06 Jul 2010
Posts: 573
Location: Reading

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Angel 'Darkness Descends', try as I might, still sounds incredibly dull to my ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
morbiddeceiver



Joined: 16 Jun 2009
Posts: 2723
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlzilla wrote:
grindmonkeyagain wrote:
Bathory - The Return, its not bad, just not great
Don't Break The Oath is miles ahead of Melissa, having a sister with that name brings the points down. she doesn't like metal.
I really tried to get into Death In June's Burial. really did. can't do it.
Convulse's World Without God has horrible production
later Swans - fucking horrible

that's it for now.


The Return is my favorite Bathory album.


+1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
morbiddeceiver



Joined: 16 Jun 2009
Posts: 2723
Location: USA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boogs wrote:
Never really got into the old Messiah stuff, especially Extreme Cold Weather. The live recordings I've heard from them are cool but the albums never cut it for me. And wtf is up with the spoken word bits on the first album?


Hymn To Abramelin is a masterpiece!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 33 of 47

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group