P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

BEHERIT's ENGRAM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Yes or No ?
Yes, killer as always!
65%
 65%  [ 112 ]
Nope, generic stuff, useless!
10%
 10%  [ 18 ]
Not good but not bad, I keep it because it is Beherit.
24%
 24%  [ 42 ]
Total Votes : 172

SWO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a masterpiece, AKA a typical Beherit album

Fuck metal, hail interludes
Sacrilege

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually pretty mediocre for a Beherit album in my opinion, f.e. compared to "Drawing Down the Moon", but it's still good.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty crazy to compare this to Drawing Down the Moon! Would make more sense to compare it to nowadays black metal and yes, it stands out on it's own easily.
I have this record and can someone tell me what it sounds like, please.

"You can't hide the hook!"
Sacrilege

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tireheb wrote:
Pretty crazy to compare this to Drawing Down the Moon! Would make more sense to compare it to nowadays black metal and yes, it stands out on it's own easily.

Well you're right with that. Compared to most of nowadays black metal it's an absolute masterpiece, still though, probably my least favorite album in Beherit's black metal-era discography.

Last edited by Sacrilege on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
the wizard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listening to it right now and me likes what i hear. Btw didnt listen to it in maybe 2 years .
Dodens Grav

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eighthplague wrote:
Dodens Grav wrote:
eighthplague wrote:
In Solitude wrote:
eighthplague wrote:
Generic black metal that could have been made by anyone. Doesn't carry the same spirit as the old material. Useless.

Laughing

I have to ask, what album/band sounds like Engram?

I didn't say it rips any albums off, it just sounds generic to me. You could have put the logo of any unknown band on the cover of that album and I wouldn't have assumed it was Beherit.

Your logic is flawed.

Or your ability to understand that other people don't place the same value in an album as you do is damaged. Nothing about Engram feels like Beherit to me. Period. Those of you who get all butthurt when someone doesn't like this album need to consider why it is that it affects you so much.

I was criticizing your logic, not your opinion of the album. If this forum has shown me anything, it's that there's no value in giving a shit about people not liking the same things I like. You basically said "this album doesn't sound like anybody, including the band itself, yet it sounds like everybody".

Last edited by Dodens Grav on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
DTP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

obscureinfinity wrote:
I thought it was a great come-back. I think a lot of people were expecting another Drawing Down the Moon.

VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

7/10 album

Not sure where that fits in the poll
wargoat_H

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has this track "All In Satan" which is great - though it's rather more classic Scandinavian BM sounding, than chaotic black/death - let's face it, the magic of DDTM cannot be repeated by anybody, even by Beherit themselves - this LP is a fucking classic - forever!
George

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Antimosh003 wrote:
I seem to remember reading somewhere that the vinyl version of Engram had a different mix compaired to the CD version. Can anyone confirm this? Does it sound any different?

It's not a different mix per say, Svart Records usually does a different master for their vinyl releases. In the liner notes of Engram it says "mastered for vinyl by Joona Lukala," so there is a bit of a difference. I don't think it's as big of a change as say Destroyer 666's Defiance album.

Still love the album. Destroyer of Thousand Worlds, All in Satan, Pagan Moon, Suck my Blood, Demon Advance... all great. Quite the varied album too.
Tireheb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LP does sound better however.
I have this record and can someone tell me what it sounds like, please.

"You can't hide the hook!"
Antimosh003

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

George wrote:
Antimosh003 wrote:
I seem to remember reading somewhere that the vinyl version of Engram had a different mix compaired to the CD version. Can anyone confirm this? Does it sound any different?

It's not a different mix per say, Svart Records usually does a different master for their vinyl releases. In the liner notes of Engram it says "mastered for vinyl by Joona Lukala," so there is a bit of a difference. I don't think it's as big of a change as say Destroyer 666's Defiance album.

Still love the album. Destroyer of Thousand Worlds, All in Satan, Pagan Moon, Suck my Blood, Demon Advance... all great. Quite the varied album too.

Much thanks. I wasnt sure if it was like Repugnant's Epitome of Darnkess LP where the mix sounds completely different.
SvartRec

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Engram LP has a different master, it's mastered the same mix but with vinyl in mind. Holocausto liked it so much that he used Joona Lukala for At The Devil's Studio as well.
wasteland

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this album.

What mix does the CS have? It's the only version I've got.

morg wrote:
Fuck is end!
eighthplague

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodens Grav wrote:
eighthplague wrote:
Dodens Grav wrote:
eighthplague wrote:
In Solitude wrote:
eighthplague wrote:
Generic black metal that could have been made by anyone. Doesn't carry the same spirit as the old material. Useless.

Laughing

I have to ask, what album/band sounds like Engram?

I didn't say it rips any albums off, it just sounds generic to me. You could have put the logo of any unknown band on the cover of that album and I wouldn't have assumed it was Beherit.

Your logic is flawed.

Or your ability to understand that other people don't place the same value in an album as you do is damaged. Nothing about Engram feels like Beherit to me. Period. Those of you who get all butthurt when someone doesn't like this album need to consider why it is that it affects you so much.

I was criticizing your logic, not your opinion of the album. If this forum has shown me anything, it's that there's no value in giving a shit about people not liking the same things I like. You basically said "this album doesn't sound like anybody, including the band itself, yet it sounds like everybody".

I did? Because I'm fairly sure I said that it sounds generic and I'd never know this was Beherit if not for the logo on the cover. But sorry, my logic is flawed. Clearly I said something else. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: