P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Bay Area record hunting
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
speedeathrash

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Bay Area record hunting Reply with quote

I will be in SF for a week in June on vacation and I was wondering if anybody could recommend some good stores for digging up metal and punk records. Amoeba is a no brainer..... any other stores worth a visit for turning stuff up?

I sneakily timed my trip to catch Angelcorpse/Ares Kingdom/GOTH as well.
Nosliw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't Amoeba Records located in Hollywood? Anyways, you may want to check out Aquarius Records, as their selection is quite huge.
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email me when you're in town. I can meet up and show you around town if I have time.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Destructive_Hate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nosliw wrote:
Isn't Amoeba Records located in Hollywood? Anyways, you may want to check out Aquarius Records, as their selection is quite huge.

There are three Ameoba Records stores, in on hollywood the other somewhere else i can't remeber and another in san fransico which i think is the best one spent a ton of money there last time i was there. I want to get back there around early july if i can while i'm out on the west coast agian.
gravesnatcher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is Rasputin's up the street from Amoeba in Berkeley,theres an Amoeba in san francisco as well.Shaxul just also opened a store on Haight Street too.
I 'll make sure theres no Metal left when you get here Laughing
illomen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i live in sf so pm me or email me before you come to town.
Hellfire Commando

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Canadian invades SF! Hehe. I really enjoyed both Rasputin stores, as well as both Amoeba. (SF and Berkeley) They are great stores, with really cheap prices and good selection!!
Destructive_Hate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your ever around LA don't even bother with dark realm, was a waste of time when i went the few times when i lived out there. two thumbs up for amoebas prices and selection.
speedeathrash

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I cant wait! Thanks for the good tips. Toronto and Canada in general are so very dry for record hunting.

I'll drop you a line just before I leave, Yosuke and illomen. I've got my fingers crossed on being able to bring some of the new Rammer LP's with me.
Nosliw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, what I would do to visit Amoeba... I just looked at the pictures inside the store and shit, their store looks HUGE. I also read somewhere that they have a little haven dedicated to black metal. Is it true?
Nosliw

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speedeathrash wrote:
Haha, I cant wait! Thanks for the good tips. Toronto and Canada in general are so very dry for record hunting.

I agree that Toronto records stores aren't all that great. Sonic Boom prices are utterly shitty and Rotate This is overrun by hipster and scene kiddies. Ottawa has a better selection in music but all of their stores are small compared to others.
Hellfire Commando

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ottawa is good when you visit the shops often... a friend of mine has an amazing collection, almost all found in Ottawa!

Montreal has been good to me these days... a new killer shop has opened on Mont Royal, and it's making my wallet dry as a grandmother.

SF is probably the best place I've seen for record hunting after Montreal! I found great stuff there... but the best store is probably Yosuke's garage. Laughing
Nosliw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellfire Commando wrote:
Ottawa is good when you visit the shops often... a friend of mine has an amazing collection, almost all found in Ottawa!

Montreal has been good to me these days... a new killer shop has opened on Mont Royal, and it's making my wallet dry as a grandmother.

SF is probably the best place I've seen for record hunting after Montreal! I found great stuff there... but the best store is probably Yosuke's garage. Laughing

Hmmm, what his collection like? Black/death metal akin to the stuff we listen to on these boards or something? I tend to visit End Hits and Vertigo Records. Occasionally, I visit Birdman Sound and Sounds Unlikely.

I really wanted to visit Montreal for some metal stuff, as I've seen that they've got some good stores and also where the good bands go to.

Oh, and I really want to pay a "visit" to Yosuke's store the next time I come there. Wink
speedeathrash

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nosliw wrote:
speedeathrash wrote:

I agree that Toronto records stores aren't all that great. Sonic Boom prices are utterly shitty and Rotate This is overrun by hipster and scene kiddies. Ottawa has a better selection in music but all of their stores are small compared to others.

Dude, go to Hits & Misses next time you're here. Its mostly a punk shop but its almost all vinyl and they have a new and used metal section that is pretty ruling. I've scored some great stuff there since it opened. They also carry NWN and Hells Headbangers releases as they come out, and lots of other ug metal stuff as well. They also have lots of killer used crust, hardcore, japanese hardcore, and punk stuff as well if that yanks your crank.

PM me if you'll be in T.O. again and I'll tell you where it is. It rules.
And I agree about Sonic Boom.. overpriced and clueless. Rotate is useless for metal anyways.
deviltwin9

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nosliw wrote:
Man, what I would do to visit Amoeba... I just looked at the pictures inside the store and shit, their store looks HUGE. I also read somewhere that they have a little haven dedicated to black metal. Is it true?

The one in LA does, but it is not just black metal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: