P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Record Stores/Things to do in London?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Record Stores/Things to do in London? Reply with quote

anyone know any good shops in London for records or just any cool bar, or sight to see? headed there for the weekend Thursday...
Devoured Death

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Record Stores/Things to do in London? Reply with quote

demise wrote:
anyone know any good shops in London for records or just any cool bar, or sight to see? headed there for the weekend Thursday...

It's a fucking horrible place, avoid it if possible! Wink
Pestkrieg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Says the man from Stoke!

Not many good record shops in London really, although there's a large concentration of second hand shops in Soho.

As for bars, there's the Marlborough Head and the Crowbar, maybe others too that I'm forgetting...
Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you wanna see muslims selling bullet belts Camden´s worth a visit Very Happy

First and only time I was in London I only saw that part and some bar from inside.

...Oh and I had to fuck around with guys like Pestkrieg Laughing
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What, no good underground record stores in London at all!?

What the fuck went wrong in the UK??? Mad Confused
Hellfire Commando

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to London in October, and was quite dissapointed... althought, there is a kind of cool place in a Camden market that has two floors and hard to find vinyls in the basement. I think it was called "Out on the Floor" but I am not too sure. There was another one located in the basement that had used CD's - which weren't too bad. Also, I saw some Anal Vomit in a Virgin megastore! WTF? I'll try to get you the addresses tonight. I wrote them out in a small book at home...
gravesnatcher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Postpone the trip until December and then you can catch the Yuletide Gig of Hell,Desolation Angels,Scarab and Pagan Altar.Maybe another big headlining Band as well TBA!!!
Nocturnal Deathstrike

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellfire Commando wrote:
I went to London in October, and was quite dissapointed... althought, there is a kind of cool place in a Camden market that has two floors and hard to find vinyls in the basement. I think it was called "Out on the Floor" but I am not too sure. There was another one located in the basement that had used CD's - which weren't too bad. Also, I saw some Anal Vomit in a Virgin megastore! WTF? I'll try to get you the addresses tonight. I wrote them out in a small book at home...

Camden market burned down the day before I was there, so you can delete that one from your list ! Very Happy
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nocturnal Deathstrike wrote:
Hellfire Commando wrote:

Camden market burned down the day before I was there, so you can delete that one from your list ! Very Happy

Fuckbollocks!!! Rolling Eyes

As for the gig I'm hoping to be there too! According to the Scarab blog it said Witchfinder General are playing:

Quote:
FIRST UK SHOW IN 23 YEARS..........

We're on the bill for the xmass Metalfest Rich from Miskatonic is puitting together. We don't know the venue yet, or the date, but I do know Pagan Alter, Hell and the mighty Witchfinder General are confirmed. This will be the first show Dave and I have played together in 22 years.............and it's long overdue.

As soon as we'v more details I'll post it here...............

If true, boy, I'm fucking there!!!
gravesnatcher

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm that Witchfinder General is NOT confirmed to play at the Gig yet....
Hellfire Commando

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit man, that would be a great xmas gift to myself... haha! Sweet thing is, there are always good flight fares around that time. I will be there FOR SURE if it happens.
BestialLust

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trouble are playing in Camden this Sunday
Nekrokunt_Usurper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I wish I could make it to Trouble...

If WG does happen then I'm there!!! Hope I don't start any wild rumours however... Embarassed
Hellfire Commando

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demise, I PM'ed you with a London record shopping guide...
Kuravilu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pestkrieg wrote:
Says the man from Stoke!

Not many good record shops in London really, although there's a large concentration of second hand shops in Soho.

As for bars, there's the Marlborough Head and the Crowbar, maybe others too that I'm forgetting...

Yeps! Soho has a 2-3 stores but prices aren't friendly.... 10 pounds for some motörhead LPs and 20 pound for a Brocken Bones and not in a very good shape... What I do was to bought some shit on Ebay.co.uk and ask the sellers send the LPs to my hotel and I just picked up the stuff once I was there... In that way I get some good records for a few pounds...

You will find a pub in every corner Very Happy If you are in Soho try to find the Intrepid Fox. A bit trendy pub but has a dark decoraton inside... good for some pics!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: