P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Occult books
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cedric

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thanks.
Grim Reality

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have little or no active interest in occult subjects but of course have become familiar with some stuff through metal over the years. Picked up a book recently on a
whim - the secret history of the world - by jonathan black. Its an english book. Anyone familiar with it? Is it a decent overview or full of shite? I've just started it and it doesn't appear very coherent
Steken

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's bullshit, from what I hear. Throw it in the trash.

Read something proper, like Hanegraaff, Hammar, Hutton, Godwin, Faivre or Deveney.
Cedric

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone familiar with the Kybalion by the Three Initiates?

Very easy to read introduction on the Hermetic teachings. Recommended.
Orpheus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cedric wrote:
Anyone familiar with the Kybalion by the Three Initiates?

Very easy to read introduction on the Hermetic teachings. Recommended.

Yeah, I got my copy all waterlogged in the dollar bin at a crappy downtown bookstore.
Its interesting, back when that was written that was about as "beginner" as it got. A century later...how far we have fallen.
VnholyCvntz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are good books on Sumerian, Mesopotamian, Babylonian mythology/religion?
Steken

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VnholyCvntz wrote:
What are good books on Sumerian, Mesopotamian, Babylonian mythology/religion?

I haven't read it myself just yet, but I've heard very good things about Jean Bottéro's Religion in Ancient Mesopotamia as the perfect overview and introduction.

Thorkild Jacobsen's The Treasures of Darkness: A History of Mesopotamian Religion is older, heavier and more speculative.

I'd go with Bottéro.
happyfriggincamper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly haven't scanned this thread at all, but are there any recommendations from people who have read books which are about the Thule, Order of Vril and other pre-Third Reich occult groups and by association the extension into Nazi UFOs?
Steken

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

happyfriggincamper wrote:
I honestly haven't scanned this thread at all, but are there any recommendations from people who have read books which are about the Thule, Order of Vril and other pre-Third Reich occult groups and by association the extension into Nazi UFOs?

What do you want to know, exactly?

In any case, the (perhaps somewhat disappointing) basic facts are these:

An overwhelming majority of Germany's "pre-Third Reich occult groups" did NOT hold ariosophic or proto-Nazi beliefs - and Hitler himself was absolutely NOT an occultist.

In fact, the Nazi state cracked down hard on occultism and the like: In 1933, Freemasons were banned from the NSDAP, and barred from government work; as early as 1935, a Gestapo memo boasts that "Freemasonry in Germany is completely smashed." In 1937, most remaining "occult, theosophical and psychical research groups" were forbidden, and in 1939, all government employees were forbidden from becoming members of even "quasi-masonic" organizations.

So the whole "Nazi-occult" thing is basically bullshit.

As for pre-Nazi-era Ariosophy, the central text is Jörg Lanz von Liebenfels' Theozoologie oder die Kunde von den Sodoms-Äfflingen und dem Götterelektron (1905), a delightfully kooky little book. Highly recommended, if you're into that sort of thing...
rauta

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortunately just because something didn't happen has no effect on the greatness of the concept itself Very Happy
Steken

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rauta wrote:
Fortunately just because something didn't happen has no effect on the greatness of the concept itself Very Happy

Very true!
hell_krieger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is great documentary on nazi ufos seen this few years ago I'm not sure if you seen this or not http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wf_kI4w5EWk still great watch.
satanic ritual abuse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steken wrote:

What do you want to know, exactly?

In any case, the (perhaps somewhat disappointing) basic facts are these:

An overwhelming majority of Germany's "pre-Third Reich occult groups" did NOT hold ariosophic or proto-Nazi beliefs - and Hitler himself was absolutely NOT an occultist.

In fact, the Nazi state cracked down hard on occultism and the like: In 1933, Freemasons were banned from the NSDAP, and barred from government work; as early as 1935, a Gestapo memo boasts that "Freemasonry in Germany is completely smashed." In 1937, most remaining "occult, theosophical and psychical research groups" were forbidden, and in 1939, all government employees were forbidden from becoming members of even "quasi-masonic" organizations.

So the whole "Nazi-occult" thing is basically bullshit.

As for pre-Nazi-era Ariosophy, the central text is Jörg Lanz von Liebenfels' Theozoologie oder die Kunde von den Sodoms-Äfflingen und dem Götterelektron (1905), a delightfully kooky little book. Highly recommended, if you're into that sort of thing...

Order of Vril:
Edward Bulwer-Lytton: The Coming Race

-> ironically, this is a dystopian book against a modern technocratic regime, which the Third Reich became pretty fast like for example Heidegger complained

then you might want to check out Viktor Schauberger's "physics"

and Guido von List for Ariosophy

you might want to look into the "research" of the Forschungsgemeinschaft Deutsches Ahnenerbe and check Karl Maria Wiligut

or you could just read Goodrick-Clarke like everyone does/did:
here's a book about Savitri Devi, but she is more into a biocentric atavistic belief system, instead of an anthropocentric, technocratic one.
http://english.grimoar.cz/?Loc=book&Lng=2&Back=aut&UID=1658

But you really need to read this one:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Occult_Roots_of_Nazism

The Ufo Neuschwabenland thing and hollow earth theory are quite new historical constructs, formed by authors like Heiner Gehring.

Recent authors refer to http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferdynand_Antoni_Ossendowski as well
and there's this vague historical figure called Maria Orsic, I'm not sure if there are actual books about her.
Steken

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

satanic ritual abuse wrote:
Order of Vril:
Edward Bulwer-Lytton: The Coming Race

-> ironically, this is a dystopic book against a modern technocratic regime, which the Third Reich became pretty fast like for example Heidegger complained

Yep, the most fascinating (and hilarious) bit about Vril mysticism is the fact that Vril first popped up in a fucking novel - a work of fiction! It's the equivalent of dead-serious occultists rockin' Harry Potter Horcruxes twenty years from now...

satanic ritual abuse wrote:
or you could just read Goodrick-Clarke like everyone does/did:
here's a book about Savitri Devi, but she is more into a biocentric atavistic belief system, instead of an anthropocentric, technocratic one.
http://english.grimoar.cz/?Loc=book&Lng=2&Back=aut&UID=1658

Seconding the Goodrick-Clarke recommendation.
Thoth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've read from Jean Bottero (I have two books), it's quite interesting but extremely academic stuff. Not so much focused on the mystical and spiritual aspects as a whole. So if you're interested in a good source of factual information on very specific subjects it's great, but if you're looking for something perhaps a little bit more oriented towards the mystical aspects, I'd suggest looking elsewhere.

I looked around for something decent on these subjects but haven't found much (though I admit I haven't delved too much either). I read some more widely available texts on the web and some of their stories and found them quite interesting, although I've yet to encounter a decent book that discusses and regroups more of their rites and myths.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 24 of 25

Jump to: