P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Occult books
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
haterofhumans

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Mind War" by Michael Aquino
Orpheus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlotek wrote:
what is everybody's opinion on the book "Dead Names: The Dark History of the Necronomicon" ?

A few pages back I posted about my feelings regarding "Simon".
"Simon" is in fact Peter Levenda, a Slovak descended from converted jews and professional liar and deciever. The peripheral connections he describes with various sordid intelligence agencies obviously run far deeper. As soon as the timeline of the book drops off Levenda enrolls at some university or other, and focuses on studying mandarin. In the 70s. Then moves to asia and lives there for thirty years as a "businessman"in a company nobody ever heard of. Ooookay then.

His recent return to north america and the publishing world means business as usual. His lies and obfuscations arent random enough to be pathological, but I really cant tell what his real agenda is.
Cedric

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone familiar with certain organizations such as this one: http://www.dragonrouge.net/english/general.html

They seem fairly transparant judging on the amount of information readily available on their webpage and it looks like there are several international offices.

I'm sure there are lots more out there, but I doubt they are all as transparant as this one. FYI: This is the one with member from Saturnalia Temple and other metal related artists. This just makes me think of certain movies etc., but have very little insight in how these organizations work in real life. There was an interview not so long ago on belgium television with a member of similar sort of organization, that was interesting. Forgot which one though.
Orpheus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you actually asking? If theyre a brainwashing tabloid cult or not?
Cedric

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really. Wondering if anyone is familiar with the workings of these type of organizations, probably not.
Orpheus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean? Their rituals? Ideology? How they are administered?
Cedric

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orpheus wrote:

Not so much the ideology, but more the "operational" side. I suppose it's foremost a social organization that tries to gather like-minded individuals through organizing meetings, semniars etc.
Distrupticon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cedric wrote:
Orpheus wrote:

Not so much the ideology, but more the "operational" side. I suppose it's foremost a social organization that tries to gather like-minded individuals through organizing meetings, semniars etc.

Check out Earnest Becker's work, as well as Terror Management Theory which is based off of his work. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terror_management_theory

It's likely that cults, political organizations, and interest groups use familial language to act as a self esteem booster. The use of familial language has proven to be a pretty effective method of consolidating group cohesion among genetically unrelated individuals- in other words, it tricks the brain into thinking these people really are your kin. This can also result in acting as a death-anxiety buffer- so much so that a member of the group will even kill himself in the interest of self/gene preservation.

I realize actual suicide cults are a product of tabloid misinfo, and are few and far between but it's an explanation for why the idea of suicide cults isn't completely irrational. If it's just a regular sect, then yeah. Familial language, group cohesion....etc

:Edited because I accidentally repeated myself:

Last edited by Distrupticon on Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Asura

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cedric wrote:
Orpheus wrote:

Here's Granholm's book about Dragon Rouge. It's a dissertation, so be prepared...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l89nnvw8tq39ukl/Granholm_Diss.pdf
Cedric

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look like interesting reads, ty.
In Solitude

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cedric wrote:
Look like interesting reads, ty.

Steken

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you who read Swedish, there is also a doctoral dissertation written by the head of the Dragon Rogue, dealing with the Swedish rune mystic Johannes Bureus (1568–1652). Check your local library.
Hafsteinn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I have gathered about the Dragon rouge sect is that they use the kaballah as a system for their rituals and magic, using jehova as an empty godhead and ultimately and vessel in which the user steps into. I personally canīt differentiate between that and "the secret" craze that was happening a few years back, that is using somekind of a half-baked method for personal wish fullfillments.
Steken

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, to begin with, Dragon Rouge is an organization (an initiatic order, to be exact), whereas "The Secret" is a series of (extremely lucrative) books. That's a pretty major difference right there, right?
Aspidis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Cedric

Dragon Rouge's founder has published a book I hear about here-and-there:

http://ajna.webhostingsite.net/ajnabound/qabalah.html

Give it a try, if you're curious about the organization.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 23 of 25

Jump to: