P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Occult books
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hallucinogen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sick! Where do I start?
Orpheus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.hermetic.com
www.sacred-texts.com
www.the-equinox.org
These are good resources to get started with. It wont make any sense for a very long time, but just do the work and read as much as you can. Stick-to-it-iveness and lateral thinking are your best friends.

Be prepared to never feel what most people call "happiness" again.

Just to clarify, my previous response was quasi-facetious. There is actually no straight answer to your question, and its kind of considered bad form to treat the subject in such a way. This field isnt a shortcut to anything, if you want to get rich or get chicks or whatever, doing it the normal way is FAR simpler. Cool shit will start happening, though, and it will definitely appear that probability starts being nudged the way you want.
Hallucinogen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but if I can't shoot jets of flames...
Orpheus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallucinogen wrote:

Are you legitimately expecting something like that or am I being trolled?
Hallucinogen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, what kind of cool shit will happen? Will I be able to curse people and make them pass stool involuntarily in public or something? That would kick ass.
MetalHell

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been reading occult books of black magic since I was a young kid, no flaming eyes, no bleeding walls, I've never even seen a ghost or summoned a blood thirsty demon... There's an old saying "don't lust after results" which is true, cos there aren't any. Psychedelic drugs give far more interesting and predictable results. It's like that Christian religious shit, it's only effective if you believe in it (or fear it).

Makes for cool metal lyrics though - don't get me wrong! Laughing
Deathcrusher

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orpheus wrote:
Hallucinogen wrote:

Are you legitimately expecting something like that or am I being trolled?

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Thoth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetalHell wrote:
There's an old saying "don't lust after results" which is true, cos there aren't any. Psychedelic drugs give far more interesting and predictable results. It's like that Christian religious shit, it's only effective if you believe in it (or fear it).

Couldn't be more wrong. Though if your expectations are to shoot fire with your eyes, then of course you will be disappointed.

@Orpheus: You are being trolled Wink
Illumination

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would probably suggest that the obvious misconceptions about what the occult actually is (through both trolling and serious comments) is quite a good reflection of the integrity of a lot of the current black metal scene.
Hallucinogen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoth wrote:
MetalHell wrote:
There's an old saying "don't lust after results" which is true, cos there aren't any. Psychedelic drugs give far more interesting and predictable results. It's like that Christian religious shit, it's only effective if you believe in it (or fear it).

Couldn't be more wrong. Though if your expectations are to shoot fire with your eyes, then of course you will be disappointed.

@Orpheus: You are being trolled Wink
What results are there though?
Heirophant.326.AV

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orpheus wrote:
NYSE wrote:
Orpheus wrote:

Piece of advice when you order stuff in this field: Use a P.O. Box, and ideally a fake name. You don't want these guys knowing where you live.

Go on...

Sorry gents, I thought I replied to this one. I guess I just imagined it.
The world of serious (as opposed to attentionwhoring teenagers) occultists is a pretty tight knit scene much like this one. It has it's own internal political and economic system with factions and all sorts of byzantine bullshit. It gets even more confusing when it starts to overlap with intelligence agencies and organized crime. A perfect case in point is the career of Peter Levenda.

Anyway, a cursory examination on ebay or Caduceus' price list will see what kind of money some of these books go for. And these are just (relatively) contemporary artisan releases. It gets far, far worse when we are talking about legit antiquarian stuff from the renaissance.

There are crews of burglars that specialize in stealing rare books, they know what they're worth and they know how to fence them."Simon" Peter Levenda himself describes his supposed fringe acquaintance with one such gang and how that led to his MS. copy of the "Necronomicon". Conveniently, he phrased it in just such a way as to not explicitly incriminate himself.

I know for a fact that within the last ten years at least twice, one of these gangs rolled through my home city and hit a couple small private collections within a few days and disappeared. I suspect that the same thing happened to me, except I no longer lived at the address that I received my mail. Somebody broke in (by picking the lock or something, no joke), walked around, opened a few drawers and left. They didn't try looking for jewelry, they didn't touch the paintings, and they didnt touch the computers or other expensive electronics. They were looking for something specific
Now I know this wasnt an inside job out of personal acquaintances, because everybody who knew I had this stuff knew I no longer lived there. I was on a list. This is not meant as an accusation against anybody specific. I must have ordered stuff from a hundred people, but somehow these fuckbags got a hold of one of their client lists and decided to steal from me.

For what it's worth, this is not the first time I've heard of this happening. PO Boxes save a lot of hassle sometimes.
Thoth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Illumination wrote:
I would probably suggest that the obvious misconceptions about what the occult actually is (through both trolling and serious comments) is quite a good reflection of the integrity of a lot of the current black metal scene.

Fortunately, I think that NWN is far from an accurate representation of the Black Metal scene.
bvr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Illumination wrote:

Black metal scene has never had anything to do with what the occult really is in the first place.
F.N.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bvr wrote:
Illumination wrote:

Black metal scene has never had anything to do with what the occult really is in the first place.

But wouldn´t it be better if the scene would have more to do with a serious and real background? No more misguiding and stupid lyrics, no more the competition who looks more evil or who got the most unknown patch on his jacket. No more idiots that think that they could simultaneously "worship" Satan and Odin and Thor and all the shit. But instead of all this contradictory stupid idiots their could exist a circle of people that are pure in value and belief. A new step in the developement of the diabolic spirit and perhaps the sooner creation of a new man. But the things are as they are and you are right in most cases.....now you have to separate the mundane shit from the real thing within bm. Of course only if you´re not of the mundane shit.
bvr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F.N. wrote:
But wouldn´t it be better if the scene would have more to do with a serious and real background?

It would. Although, the only way to get there is to shoot fire from your eyes and incinerate all of the mundane idiots. Either that or just ignore 99,9% of BM.

On the other hand, DMDS still wipes the floor with any record that some well-known sophisticated qliphotic chaognostics have produced, no matter how much of serious occultists they aspire to be. One does not have to be a wise-ass scholar to successfully channel certain things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 16 of 26

Jump to: