P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Tom leaves Celtic Frost?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holgerdanske

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I probably wouldn't have heard it at all if it hadn't had a Frost logo.
Beelzebubba

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
I don't think many of you would like Monotheist if it didn't have the Celtic Front logo on the front.

Do you still have the clear vinyl "Monotheist" DLP that I traded to you? I guess you hadn't heard it when you agreed to the trade. Laughing

Dave N.
The_Elite

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last Man on Earth wrote:
Dodens Grav wrote:
Last Man on Earth wrote:
Guys, the only reason you like it is because the name "Celtic Frost" is stamped on it. If you didn't know better, and I told you it was the new Korn album, you would hate it. Unless you're a total fag, that is.

Good job showing what a tremendously pathetic human being you are.

What's pathetic is you listening to this gay shit when there is hundreds of quality metal releases that could occupy your time.

Like Down and Pantera???

Saw Celtic Frost about 5 times on this reunion- and they were exceptionally good every time. I'm definately not a fan of Monotheist (it does have it's moments). But if it didn't have the Celtic Frost nameon it, it wouldn't be in my collection.
Jacy Catlin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Tom himself:

"this music only counts for me on a level so personal that nobody will ever see nor understand it."

So whether you liked the new one or not doesn't really matter, as "nobody will ever see nor understand it" Razz
NAGAWIKA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reactions here are plain retarded. don't judge someone you don't know and have some respect for what he have done. Fisher have his owns reasons to stop.

NWN PROD wrote:
Am I the only one who thought Monotheist was a piece of shit goth album? It reeks of industrial goth gayness. No thanks.

Monotheist is the album they managed to do at the time but failed because the lack of meanings. have you heard Into The Pendemonium? don't you know Fisher was/is a David Bowie fan? OMG so gay! kill him!
some here needs to know the roots of their music genre.
Opolus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this infantile "gay this, gay that" nonsense, people thinking Tom's making zillions of dollars on HH (Billboard charts, here we come), still (and exclusively) living in the 80s, KORN comparisons (!?!?), (mis)judging someone you obviously don't even know... Pfff, gimme a fucking break, or to quote Fenriz (a dude who REALLY lost all credibility over the years...) from an older "Isten" issue:"This isn't fun anymore!"
schadel_reich

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally don't get the nu metal comparisons. Nothing like nu metal. Sure, their latest album isn't that great, but it definitely is not nu metal. Also, sure the reunion may have been to get some cash, however it was the only time I would be able to see Celtic Frost and so I am happy I could see them when I could.
Invictus Productions

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
I don't think many of you would like Monotheist if it didn't have the Celtic Front logo on the front.

I don't think that is remotely relevant. The Celtic Frost logo is on Cold Lake and it's an utter bag of shite. I ranted and raved against Frost reforming when I heard it was happening and I dismissed them ever performing live and being good. I was wrong on both counts. Monotheist, to me, is a true descendant of what Frost were aiming for on Into The Pandemonium. Then again, I am a Type O Negative, Fields of the Nephilim & Sisters of Mercy fan so liking Monotheist wasn't going to be too hard.

Any cunt wants to try queer bash me, step right up.
Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Then again, I am a Type O Negative, Fields of the Nephilim & Sisters of Mercy fan so liking Monotheist wasn't going to be too hard.

I think this explains it. Do not take my comments seriously.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

Invictus Productions

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NWN PROD wrote:
I think this explains it. Do not take my comments seriously.

Laughing

I expected it Wink

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Invictus Productions wrote:
Monotheist, to me, is a true descendant of what Frost were aiming for on Into The Pandemonium. Then again, I am a Type O Negative, Fields of the Nephilim & Sisters of Mercy fan so liking Monotheist wasn't going to be too hard.

Bingo! Got it right here. The latest Celtic Frost is more like Type O Negative and Sisters of Mercy than it is like Korn or shit like that. It is interesting and some of the songs are good, but not great in my opinion.
illomen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NAGAWIKA wrote:
reactions here are plain retarded. don't judge someone you don't know and have some respect for what he have done. Fisher have his owns reasons to stop.

NWN PROD wrote:
Am I the only one who thought Monotheist was a piece of shit goth album? It reeks of industrial goth gayness. No thanks.

Monotheist is the album they managed to do at the time but failed because the lack of meanings. have you heard Into The Pendemonium? don't you know Fisher was/is a David Bowie fan? OMG so gay! kill him!
some here needs to know the roots of their music genre.

dont go dragging bowie's name into this. he doesnt deserve to be mentally associated in any way with recent celtic frost output.
HELLTHRASHER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard one song and that was enough for me.
Pass.

But it was a bit shocking to hear Tom leave...
Hmm, so does that mean C.F will continue without him?
I sure hope not.
On the other hand, I do see him starting a new solo project with some of the goons from 1349.. or some band of that caliber.

The live shows were great drunk fun though.
Endless Morbidity

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monotheist was their first record in years and was recorded over a long period of time, so it's seems a little unbalanced and confused as far as what direction it wanted to go. Besides that, it's a pretty good "come back" record. Fucking dark. It would of been lame if they tried to recreate Morbid Tales or something, so the new sound was fine by me. Every record they made was different from the others anyway.

I'd say they were one of the last of the elder bands that still had a bit of integrity and not completely fucking out of touch.

Normally, I really don't give a fuck or cry like a drama queen when a band splits up. But I was actually looking forward to the next record, because I thought it would be more focused than Monotheist and free of the mistakes it had.
NAGAWIKA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: