P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

your experience hearing extreme metal for first time?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarcueil

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a friend of mine gave me a copy of "great southern trendkill" when i was 12. i was really fond of maiden and deep purple back then and thought pantera was shit after the first listen. a couple months later i was at home bored as fuck, so i decided to give it another chance, surprisingly it grew on me. so i went on, looking through shitty mags and zines around to find more and more metal bands, leading me to purchase tons of cassettes of shitty bands. back than turkish "scene" sucked even worse. no one knew shit about beherit or blasphemy - let alone bathory or hellhammer, and people wearing cradle of filth t-shirts were seen as black metal gods Very Happy so it took me some time to establish a decent taste of music. (cds were really expensive, and there were guys that made a living out of selling dubbed tapes.)

the metal crowd, however almost never got any better. they still believe haggard or orphaned land are the best bands around, lame asswipes.
midgetviolence

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, fond memories indeed!

I was listening to some "lighter metal" like Iron Maiden and Blind Guardian. But had heard more brutal music from my brothers room. Then christmas when I was 11 I got "Show no Mercy" as a present from Santa Claus. Two months later I knew every song by heart and was dancing around my room while listening to "The Antichrist". Laughing
And here I am, many years later, still kulting and headbanging.

Loved it on the very first listen, had no problems "getting into it" it spoke directly to my young, innocent soul.
SoundsOfDecay

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was 13. most extreme sounding stuff I knew at the time was Arise, Reign In Blood, that kind of stuff. I'd heard a very small amount of black metal and thought it sucked (In The Nightside Eclipse, something I've never truly gotten into as a whole and always found somewhat overrated). Then there was Leprosy. Specifically the verse riff....had never heard anything so awesome sounding. I remember the 2nd death metal band I heard was Deicide (Lunatic of...). A bit of a textbook entry I guess Laughing ah to be young, I'm 20 now but that 7 years feels like about 3 lifetimes ago some days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: