P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

Garlik De'th - While God Sleeps LP/CD OUT NOW!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Garlik De'th - While God Sleeps LP/CD OUT NOW!! Reply with quote

KISS THE GOAT!

Garlik De'th will within the next few months unleash "While God Sleeps" on Lyderhorn Records! "While God Sleeps" compiles the two demos of this late 80's/early 90's thrash band from Mosjøen. While the rest of scene in Norway at this time was centered around the major cities in the south, Garlik De'th were isolated in the far north and thus did not sound particularly like any of the other bands in Norway during this era. Garlik De'th played a unique form of thrash that can be described as a mix between Voivod and german acts like Kreator, with harsh vocals, punishing riffs, accomplished musicianship, and plenty of forward-thinking ideas of their own. Unfortunately, the band broke up in 1992, so they never got a chance to record anything besides these two demos. The art is being finished up at the moment, the demos will be remastered by James Plotkin, and this release will be unleashed in September on both LP and CD. The artwork will be posted soon. In the meantime, check out this video of Garlik De'th performing the song "Kiss The Goat" live at Sinus, Bodø in January of '92, which was their last live performance before breaking up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5MGJ34AUdc

OUT NOW!

CD $7

LP $10

Contact lyderhornrecords@yahoo.com to order

Check http://spolmask.net/lyderhorn for other Lyderhorn-releases and distributed titles.

Last edited by Guest on Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:18 am; edited 2 times in total
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff

Weird name

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the tracklist for the album:

Side A (Load Error-1991)
1. Sudden Death
2. INS
3. Orgy In Sin
4. Fuck the Hand (that feeds you)

Side B (First Demon-1990)
1. Salvation
2. Stand Up
3. Kiss The Goat
4. Grace Under Pressure
5. In Deep Shit We Trust (Live at Kippermoen, Mosjøen, 1991)

Here's an old concert-flyer:

The artwork was done by drummer of the band, who is also doing the art/layout for this release. He's a professional designer, so his style has evolved in the 15+ years since this was made.
DESECRATOR777

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks fucking caveman!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an unmastered version of the song "Sudden Death" from the Load Error demo:

http://rapidshare.com/files/46354838/Garlik_Deth___01___Sudden_Death.mp3.html

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just notified by the pressing plant that I'll have the testpresses back next week, so this thing will definitely be out before the end of the month.
TryMyTrust

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who'd you press it with..

i need to press a 10" and have it back by september 8th.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using pirates press.

I don't think anyone will be able to deliver something overnight!

If you're pressing a 10", www.urpressing.com has a really good special, but it has to be postmarked by tomorrow.

I found www.iloveimprint.com to be one of the best places to get covers printed. Nice quality, and very affordable.
TryMyTrust

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i talked to them,...

it's be 765 bucks for 500 10" covers..which I tollay dont have in time for the tour...

im going to make it like the sabat mater/worship split.

have the 10" in a sleve with a "poster" cover..hopefully

yeah i ment november 8th... UR says it takes 6 to 8 weeks for the test and not to sure how long fo rthe finished product
CR99

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garlic Death? Confused

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the name is weird, but so is the music. I don't think these demos were spread much, the only people who really knew about this band were locals in northern Norway, in 1991 nobody gave a shit about Northern Norwegian thrash with all those black metal bands running around in the forest in the south. And Garlik De'th is from the part of Norway where it's actually cold and dark, and not mild and temperate. If you decide to pick up the record and hear the songs it will all sort of make sense in a way. The band is definitely old school styled thrash metal with really evil vocals, but at the same time they're really technical and weird. I'm really stoked about this release, since it's the first thing that I'm putting out that doesn't involve at least somewhat known musicians, since the band was virtually unknown when they were active, and was never spread much afterwards like some other demo-bands at the time. So this is the first release of mine that won't have that built-in fanbase of tape traders,etc. like my other releases. Almost everyone who will hear the record will hear it for the first time. They don't even have an entry at metal archives yet.
brown growth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah this band definitely sounds like a cool one from the way you describe it. I'll definitely be ordering a copy of that LP.
Ross Liew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely good stuff and it doesn't even sound dated till this day. Loved that high pitch scream at the start of the gig Very Happy
NWN PROD

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yeah, the name is weird, but so is the music. I don't think these demos were spread much, the only people who really knew about this band were locals in northern Norway, in 1991 nobody gave a shit about Northern Norwegian thrash with all those black metal bands running around in the forest in the south. And Garlik De'th is from the part of Norway where it's actually cold and dark, and not mild and temperate. If you decide to pick up the record and hear the songs it will all sort of make sense in a way. The band is definitely old school styled thrash metal with really evil vocals, but at the same time they're really technical and weird. I'm really stoked about this release, since it's the first thing that I'm putting out that doesn't involve at least somewhat known musicians, since the band was virtually unknown when they were active, and was never spread much afterwards like some other demo-bands at the time. So this is the first release of mine that won't have that built-in fanbase of tape traders,etc. like my other releases. Almost everyone who will hear the record will hear it for the first time. They don't even have an entry at metal archives yet.

Please dig up more obscure Norwegian stuff.

Speaking of Norwegian stuff, I was in touch with the 666 guys for a little while. We were talking loosely about reissuing their live demos on vinyl, but the sound quality was too horrid. It might be possible to pick out the best sounding recordings from the three disks they sent over.

Web: nwnprod.com

NWN carries all IBP releases.
IBP carries all NWN releases.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an unmastered version of the song "Orgy in Sin" that was transferred from tape by the band. The version on the LP/CD was transferred from a better sounding source with superior equipment and has been remastered by James Plotkin, so it will have a much higher sound quality. This only 128 kbps, too:

http://rapidshare.com/files/54976667/Garlik_Deth___03___Orgy_of_Sin.mp3.html

Feedback much appreciated!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: