P R O D U C T I O N S

FAQ 
 Search 
 Memberlist 
 Usergroups 
 Register 

NUCLEAR WAR NOW! FESTIVAL VOL. III 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 73, 74, 75  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuiSlayer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black_Fire wrote:

I stole you this one! Great pic.
Mastubator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Additional shoddy photography - I always do wonder what becomes of the photographers who go in with their huge telescopic lenses though, do their photos ever get published anywhere? Or only sent to the bands?
Better than those who stand for an entire set watching everything through their illuminated phone screen at least... I wonder if there is any difference between their memories of the event, and what has been recorded on their phone?

Missed Knelt Rote and only caught the end of Anatomia due to the lengthy ques. Whether the slow patting down of pockets or the one girl fixing on the wristbands was the main culprit I'm not sure, but it really could have progressed much quicker. I'm just glad I didn't miss more of the bands.

PSEUDOGOD

Their sound was quite bad, it looked like their guitarist was playing blind. What was being played was sounding reasonable, but the guitar was completely out of synch with the drums. Can't agree with people shouting for them to 'just play' or to 'get on with it', better to of had a shorter but fully convincing set maybe? And as half of the crowd were stuck in a que outside maybe they could have spent longer getting the sound / monitors right?

ANTEDILUVIAN

Also quite chaotic sounding, but cleared up towards the end, their last two songs were immense. What though was the tape they were selling on the merch stand? New material?

BLASPHEMOPHAGHER

Their best performance at these NWN fests, and the first band to get the Polaks chanting.

WRATHPRAYER

After Blasphemophagher I was surprised by how subdued the crowd seemed for Wrathprayer - for one of the best albums of the last year I'd expected more people to be interested... As with a few others on the first day the sound lacked some clarity (too loud!) but they left a good impression.

I've no photos of Dead Congregation or Rotting Christ. But so far at every festival Dead Congregation have been one of the highlights, this year was no different. Even if they seemed to play a similar set as before (even the 2 (?) new songs they played might have appeared before at the festival first a couple of years ago), watching them play the closing Teeth into Red never gets old - first time I've seen them play the full version of it too.
What I managed to see of Rotting Christ was a pleasant surprise, even if Sakis' vocals were abysmal (shouty gang chanting 'metaaal'). The contrast between the last encore song (I think it was a new one? Modern chugging trash?) and the older Thy Mighty Contact etc material was immeasurable.

I've no photos decent photos for Bestial Raids, but desperatly need to get a copy of the latest album. Much improved without the old static guitaist.

ADORIOR

Always good to watch, especially as they added some variety to the festival, even if they're another that needs some new material! But the sound on the second day was much better, even if it was quieter than the day before (odd to be able to hear the Diabolus rise rise rise / Crush crush crush chants from the guy next to you during Bestial Raids and Adorior, but at least it was possible to make out what was being played).

There are already better photos of Embrace of Thorns (sounded just as good as they did the years before, but a brown smok will make all the difference to how they look...), Black Witchery (always fairly consistent live) and I didn't see enough of Morbosidad (didn't their set get moved on the first festival too? Tomas is fucking cursed!).

PROCLAMATION

Another that was an improvement on their performance a couple of years ago. But I wonder if this is going to be one of their last performances ever?

ARES KINGDOM

Quite a short set it seemed, but I remember reading somewhere that they were meant to have played a few Varathron covers with Stefan (!!!!)? But the Act Dead + Heart turns to black covers were more than ok, the set just needed more leads!

SABBAT

The new line up sounds like they've gone back to the earliest Sabbat sound, so a good mix of Sabbatrinity and the EP material. The new guitarist didn't do any of the high pitched vocals though...

And no more photos of Revenge (I was honestly slightly underwhelmed, maybe it was the new vocal combination. Is it the Antediluvian bassist / vocalist?) or Blasphemy (I'd agree with the opinion elsewhere that this was a huge improvement on the festival 2 years ago. They sounded rushed then, Black Winds voice wasn't holding up through the whole set. This time they had more power / drive, big improvement soundwise.)
Somberlain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last Rotting Christ song (encore) was not a new song. It was a cover of Thou Art Lord's - Societa Satanas it was just badly played
windofpain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tape antediluvian had is a pre-release version of their second full length, which will be coming out in a few months time I believe.
Hatred

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooklyn Bastard 666

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VATRA I SUMPOR wrote:
AmaLurra wrote:
Nergal was at NWN? Didn't know the guy was into such black/death metal.

Yep. Me and Sadist met him when he went to get his Blasphemy LPs signed. And later he watched Revenge and Blasphemy in the backstage with us...

I didn't think it was possible to like Nergal more....and then I read this!
He is like the Extreme Metal Mayor!

Unless I am mistaken, he met Eric from Watain in a similar manner at a Watain show years ago.
Brooklyn Bastard 666

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Blackland afterparties and prefest/NWN aftershow were very satisfying despite ANTIFA. Demonomancy/Abigail/Vassafor were just as awesome to see there as any other bands at the fest."

So did ANTIFA try to fuck up the NWN! Fest or am I reading that wrong?
Tireheb

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only the Storms of Damnation afterparty, not the fest.
I have this record and can someone tell me what it sounds like, please.

"You can't hide the hook!"
Doom-Mantia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some pics. i'll have to put any clips from the fest up later. first are some general sightseeing photos around Berlin

fest photos

Abigail

Blasphemophaeger

Black Witchery

Morbosidad

with Angelslayer/Archgoat covering Hammer of Satan

Morboso maniac

Proclamation

Sabbat

Revenge

Blasphemy

Vassafor

Hatred

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hatred

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iron tyrant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received the Sabbat ep's I should have got, like, a week ago.

As these were originally made for the NWN festival, I thought I'd also post the news here. Available on sale from tonight.

Professor Black wrote:
NWOBHM is not a style of music.
Exitium

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berlin:

Pseudogod:

Wrathprayer:

Blasphemophager:

Embrace of Thorns:

Proclamation:

Sabbat/Gezol's arse:

Blasphemy:

Berlin:

Blutkvlt wrote:
Wear your cunted out black metal shirts while practicing occult rituals like burning sage and posting quotes from Aleister Crowley on facebook.
Hatred

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hatred

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nuclear War Now! Productions Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65 ... 73, 74, 75  Next
Page 64 of 75

Jump to: